Imperial troopers for haat

I'm working on my imperial troopers for hAAT, and I'm basically starting at square one. Here's what I have so far (started focusing them yesterday so next to no progress atm): https://swgoh.gg/u/hotwheels/collection/?f=imperial-trooper
My goal is to finish the squad in two months; can it be done? Also, do I need the veers zeta to be effective on the hAAT, or can I do well without it? And any other advice on how to use them would be appreciated; I've already been using snow and DT in gw and they're really fun.

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I run Troopers in p2 H AAT. They r good but there are a few things I feel must b done...all of which I learned thru trial and error, in order to tweak them to a 2.5 mil team.

Veers zeta is a must. The tm boost/offense up is too good.

Storm needs to be modded w/ no crit at all...his expose is better than his damage

Shore gets dropped and DK gets added in his place w/ a zeta on DT.

Magma is not used either.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Ok thanks that helps!! Would you suggest krennic or veers as leader? Also, I don't have access to shoretrooper atm, so obviously no krennic either. I'd like to have him in the future though; I'll plan on getting my Jedi to g12 and hopefully that'll get me there. Can they still be effective as the traditional veers dt st snt mt lineup? I know magma is trash but those are the only 5 troopers I have access to rn
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    If u keep crit off Storm and zeta Veers, I would expect to see u do 800k - 1 mil.

Veers is the best lead option imo for the squad
  • That's what I was expecting until I add the two you mentioned. I just want to be able to carry my weight while I get them unlocked. Thanks for the advice; do you think I can have them all at 7* within 2 months? How long did it take you to get your troopers where they needed to be?
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Veers will likely be your sticking point.
    Although, now that there are 5 tries per refresh on hard nodes, it will likely go much faster for you than it did for me.

You can star up DT fairly quick but you will have to drop lots of crystals.

I would agree that the Zeta on Veers is necessary.

I was able to do 1.2 million by the skin of my Imperial teeth without his Zeta in P4 but I can do 2.7 + pretty reliably with them now and don't have to worry about losing anyone before enrage.

I use Shoretrooper instead of Magma but you can do more damage with Magma ina Trooper squad.

Magma is the 2nd biggest hitter behind Snowtrooper.

Mine is only G7. Those darn holoprojectors!!!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I disagree w/ Magma being the 2nd biggest hitter behind Snow. A basic hit from Storm (non-crit) and the expose that comes along w/ it adds up to more damage than Magma. DT's special and DeathMark outdamage Magma severely. Veers basic is about the same as Magma but his call-all has him doing more damage than Magma as well.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    I disagree w/ Magma being the 2nd biggest hitter behind Snow. A basic hit from Storm (non-crit) and the expose that comes along w/ it adds up to more damage than Magma. DT's special and DeathMark outdamage Magma severely. Veers basic is about the same as Magma but his call-all has him doing more damage than Magma as well.

Magma is pretty solid actually since the trooper rework... he can hit for 30k with a double tap and offense up.

I run troopers is P4 usually (since I never worked on Wiggs or the clone team) and they consistently put up 2.5-3 million damage...

Not amazing numbers... but they are fun to use and I figure I might as well take advantage of the troopers somewhere (they are also pretty awesome in GW but I've resorted to resistance for easy GW wins)