Rogue 1 for TB

Prev1
Olga
1333 posts Member
Do Scarif Pathfinder and R2 count as Rogue 1 characters?

Replies

• Options
    Srp should. But why should r2??
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Well he is in the film, only briefly but he's there.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I think it's kitten that they have an undefined faction as a requirement. Also rogue one has nothing to do with hoth at all. I know it's a holotable, but they seemed so dedicated to making it hoth-themed (need hrso and hrsc to advance, snowtrooper gets three variations plus extra abilities) that making rogue one a requirement doesn't follow the same pattern. Idk what the logic is there.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure either, R1 doesn't have a faction tag so it makes it confusing knowing which characters you can use. Like what about Leia? She was in R1 too.
  • Options
    I would like this to be clarified as well.

is it R1 team ? 9 characters
    (Baze / Chirrut / Jyn / Cassian / K2SO / Bistan / Pao / Bodhi / SRP)

Or R1 movie ?
    add Leia / R2

@CG_Kozispoon
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Options
    aerendhil wrote: »

Or R1 movie ?
    add Leia / R2

@CG_Kozispoon

If it's just the team it might not even include SRP and Bistan, since they're on Bistan's U-Wing (Blue Squadron) and not the R1 shuttle.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »

Or R1 movie ?
    add Leia / R2

@CG_Kozispoon

If it's just the team it might not even include SRP and Bistan, since they're on Bistan's U-Wing (Blue Squadron) and not the R1 shuttle.
    It could also mean all (rebel) characters appearing exclusively in R1 which were added to SWGOH during the R1 promotion, which would imho be the most likely variant. So I would say Baze / Chirrut / Jyn / Cassian / K2SO / Bistan / Pao / Bodhi / SRP is the best guess.
    Post edited by rawman on
  • Options
    you are confusing movie and squadron name.

Vader was in the movie, should he be Rogue 1?

Rogue one is the name the group gave themselves when going on their final mission.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No because he's not a rebel and I'm not sure if he's from a specific timeline or not, like Leia is ANH leia so I can understand her not being in it because she doesn't have a resistance tag either. But R2 is from all the timelines and was in the film so it seems reasonable that he might be classed as an R1 character.
  • Options
    you are confusing movie and squadron name.

Vader was in the movie, should he be Rogue 1?

Rogue one is the name the group gave themselves when going on their final mission.

This feels like it will be the most accurate
  • Options
    They'll change the tag as they see fit.. same like when old ben suddenly have rebel tag. :relieved:
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My take on it r1 = jyn cassian Baze Chirrut bodhi pao k2 bistan srp. Now will chaze be required or will be able to be subbed out by a pao/bistan/bodhi is the true question.

Edit: I forgot srp
  • Options
    R1 characters probably gonna be exclusive to that film, so Bistan, Pao, SRP, Cassian, Jyn, K2S0 and the dynamic duo Chaze
  • Options
    I don't see bistan listed as rogue 1 on wookipeedia. Which sucks since I just spent a month farming him if he isn't rogue 1

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rogue_One_(squad)
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Relax. Rogue One characters aren't even needed until Phase 6, which probably won't be here for a while.

Characters that are definitely Rogue One: Jyn, Cassian, K2-SO, Baze, Chirrut, Bodhi Rook
    Characters that should be Rogue One (and certain info from the inside suggests they are): Bistan, Pao, Scariff Rebel Pathfinder
    Characters that could be "Rogue One", but with a very tentative tie-in (i.e. doubtful): R2, Leia; Someone even said Wedge and maybe Biggs, but that would really be stretching it.
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Characters that could be "Rogue One", but with a very tentative tie-in (i.e. doubtful): R2; Someone even said Wedge and maybe Biggs, but that would really be stretching it.

I would add Hera, Chopper and princess Leia to this cathegory...
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    feälóke wrote: »
    Characters that could be "Rogue One", but with a very tentative tie-in (i.e. doubtful): R2; Someone even said Wedge and maybe Biggs, but that would really be stretching it.

Leia maybe, but Hera and Chopper would be even farther out there than Wedge and Biggs.
    Of course, I haven't seen season three and four of Rebels yet, so I could be wrong.... :)
  • Options
    Hera was directly mentioned in the movie and chopper was on the screen almost as long as artoo or pao (think it was about 2 sec. :D ), so its minimally same level as Biggs and Wedge...
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's not all that confusing. It's just the Rebels promoted as being Rogue One release characters. So no TFP, Shore, Krennic, or DT.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It's not all that confusing. It's just the Rebels promoted as being Rogue One release characters. So no TFP, Shore, Krennic, or DT.

Very confusing. What about bistan?
  • Options

Leia maybe, but Hera and Chopper would be even farther out there than Wedge and Biggs.

Not necessarily.

Hera was referenced in the Rebel base PA system ("Captain Syndulla") and Chopper had a cameo...not to mention the glimpse we had of Hera's ship Ghost.

Wedge and Biggs were not seen nor referenced.

That being said, I'm sure that Hera & Chopper would not fall into the Rogue One category, but that's just my own personal speculation.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Options
    Might as well call Vader a R1 character by that logic.
  • Options
    rawman wrote: »
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »

Or R1 movie ?
    add Leia / R2

@CG_Kozispoon

It could also mean all (rebel) characters appearing exclusively in R1 which were added to SWGOH during the R1 promotion, which would imho be the most likely variant. So I would say Baze / Chirrut / Jyn / Cassian / K2SO / Bistan / Pao / Bodhi / SRP is the best guess.

This. Anyone who thinks there will be more than those 9 included is either thinking too hard or delusionally hoping based on what they already have on their roster. There could be less, but it certainly won't be more extensive than those 9.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Not necessarily.

Hera was referenced in the Rebel base PA system ("Captain Syndulla") and Chopper had a cameo...not to mention the glimpse we had of Hera's ship Ghost.

That being said, I'm sure that Hera & Chopper would not fall into the Rogue One category, but that's just my own personal speculation.

Wow. I have to go rewatched, then. There was a PA reference to "Captain Antilles", I believe. I didn't catch Chopper or Ghost's cameos.

He and Krennic would have been.... if they weren't on the other side fighting AGAINST Rogue One. I don't think you understand the logic AT ALL, tbh, if you make that suggestion.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    While I agree that Rogue One probably should only be those on the shuttle, I think they will include the likes of Bistan and Pao. Those 2 were released in game as tie ins to the movie. As for DT and DK, they are on the wrong side. It appears that TB:Hoth is only using light side toons. Which is a shame. I feel like they could have easily added a couple of battles where you use the empire toons to fight against rebels.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Options

Not necessarily.

Wow. I have to go rewatched, then. There was a PA reference to "Captain Antilles", I believe. I didn't catch Chopper or Ghost's cameos.

He and Krennic would have been.... if they weren't on the other side fighting AGAINST Rogue One. I don't think you understand the logic AT ALL, tbh, if you make that suggestion.

Captain Antilles is the captain of Leias blockade runner that gets killed by Vader at the beginning of ANH.
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Unless they suddenly change something Pao, Bistan and SRP WILL be counted as R1 toons - you can see SRP icon in Warrior's video as well a start of Pao/Bistan in the bottom of the required units window.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTgaI7mZwE (58:40)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I think it's **** that they have an undefined faction as a requirement. Also rogue one has nothing to do with hoth at all. I know it's a holotable, but they seemed so dedicated to making it hoth-themed (need hrso and hrsc to advance, snowtrooper gets three variations plus extra abilities) that making rogue one a requirement doesn't follow the same pattern. Idk what the logic is there.

Its to do with rebels and lightside toons in general all play a part in HTB, especially rebels, so why not R1?

I agree there is an issue in regard to there being no R1 faction tag - if Phoenix rebels get a Phoenix tag, then R1 should also get a R1 tag in game and help split up the number of rebels that are in this game.

You search rebels in your roster and there are too many to count, but yu search Phoenix and search is so much more refined - same should be for R1, which as you say would also clearly indicate which rebels are considered as being R1.

I would say this:

Jyn
    Bodhi
    Cassian
    K2
    Chirrut
    Baze
    Bistan
    Pao
    Scarif Path Finder

I would not consider R2 as a R1 toon. Yes he does pop up for a split second, but had nothing to do with the R1 mission.
  • Options
    I know it's not "part of Hoth" argument, but many people already have to "panic farm" Scout and Soldier. I think it's to prevent us throwing a massive space slug sized tantrum if we had to farm a "Hoth Rebel Commander" and "Hoth Rebel Grenadier" for this as well. Besides, there's also a Hoth Han to have to worry about farming.

I'm sure a lot of people already have a squad of R1 (and Pheonix) Rebel Toons, powerful or not.

I'm pretty sure later on when the character and ship lists are larger, there'll be a version where we can't even use DS ships. This is the first TB. We're the guinea pigs who will be playing this to flush out problems. Which they'll most likely fix moving forward.

Or they'll break up a section of a phase and make them into new Omega Battles. Who knows. Every new idea is going to lead to something. If they ever do flip this to make this Empire-centric, we're going to have to farm new Snowtrooper-type Toons.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.