Advice?

Boo
4134 posts Member
I am looking for some feedback from some of the senior players.

I am F2P and have held a good rank in arena since the game started.

Since the release of Zetas my rank fell to about 150 and now continues to fall since the release of certain toons such as Thrawn and CLS etc.

I am working on a new lineup: CLS (L), Wiggs and Chaze, but this is taking a little time and I fear my arena rank will not be repairable by the time this team is operational.

This is my current arena chart:

https://swgoh.gg/u/juzzyforce/

As you can see I am falling more and more quickly.

My current team:

ZVader (L), EP, RG, zBarris and zKylo are failing me in the current meta.

Looking at my roster (using my signature line below) - what viable options do I have to tide me over?

Any positive/constructive feedback is welcome - cheers!

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm the guy who maxed out CUP, I'm F2P too and I started playing January 2.016
    I don't find RG useful, you have Shore, gear him, he is better.
    Also replace Zarris or Zylo with sith assassin

I think that's the best you can do if you don't want to change your entire team
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    There's no such thing as arena rank not being "repairable". I came back in novemember I think, with my only 7* toon and only g7 toons(that's was my best one) being Sidious. I am currently ranking usually in the top 20, some times in top 50, sometimes in top 10.

On a side note, Chaze is a dying meta, I use them right now and I can't express how much I hate them. I'd like to run a team with thrawn and r2 and someone like DN on the side, but that's impossible because those 2 are taking 2 slots and I don't have another tank.

If you have GK forget about the Chaze garbage and work on him. You can use him in any comp and you'll be able to use more heroes with him than with Chaze.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Or maybe use Zaul with DN, Dooku, EP and sith assassin
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

My sith assassin is way off ready to be viable.

I would also need to put a zeta on Dooku to give him protection regain - but I could also put a zeta on Savage (re: health up) instead of using Assassin, but my DN needs a bit of love too. I am slowly plugging away at DN but as you know - its a slow grind for him.

But yest - I thought about this team too.

I just worry because all the other Zaum teams make good use of a maxed DN and Sith Trooper which makes the team crazy on defense as well as offense and my team would fall short compared to the others out there.

It is worth a shot though for sure, I'll give it a try (but this does take focus away from my CLS goal team).
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Boo wrote: »

I would also need to put a zeta on Dooku to give him protection regain - but I could also put a zeta on Savage (re: health up) instead of using Assassin, but my DN needs a bit of love too. I am slowly plugging away at DN but as you know - its a slow grind for him.

I just worry because all the other Zaum teams make good use of a maxed DN and Sith Trooper which makes the team crazy on defense as well as offense and my team would fall short compared to the others out there.

It is worth a shot though for sure, I'll give it a try (but this does take focus away from my CLS goal team).

DN's stars are not really important and I didn't found him hard to gear... Anyways, you don't need max gear to break the top 100... (I'm using 3 gear IX, 1 gear VIII and 1 gear XI but I stay in the top 100)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as arena rank not being "repairable". I came back in novemember I think, with my only 7* toon and only g7 toons(that's was my best one) being Sidious. I am currently ranking usually in the top 20, some times in top 50, sometimes in top 10.

On a side note, Chaze is a dying meta, I use them right now and I can't express how much I hate them. I'd like to run a team with thrawn and r2 and someone like DN on the side, but that's impossible because those 2 are taking 2 slots and I don't have another tank.

If you have GK forget about the Chaze garbage and work on him. You can use him in any comp and you'll be able to use more heroes with him than with Chaze.

I am on an older shard (been playing since game launch) so the top arena teams on my shard are just crazy hard to compete against - my goal would be to at least hold a rank of 140ish.

Unfortunately (as you can see by my roster) I do not yet have GK (not even 1 shard!). My guild are all loyal and are pulling together to get stronger and as Guild leader - I cannot and will not leave. We have considered a merge with a stronger guild, but the numbers wouldn't allow for our lower level guild members to stay - being such a tight bonded guild we voted against the merge.

We are not working on HAAT yet - but hope to be plugging away at it by December at least.

Chaze is a dying meta - but no one can argue that they do not have their merits - especially on a CLS lead team (all that counter attacking as well as TM gain, Health and Protection etc).

On a side note - I am 2 shards away from making Hera 7* and about 95 shards away from Ezra being 7*. If I can get Ezra up to par quickly, I could unlock a 7* Thrawn when he next comes around, so that will be helpful.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

DN's stars are not really important and I didn't found him hard to gear... Anyways, you don't need max gear to break the top 100... (I'm using 3 gear IX, 1 gear VIII and 1 gear XI but I stay in the top 100)

I am working on DN's gear. Almost at Gear level 9 with him, but my issue with gear at the mo is MK 5 A/KT Stun Guns - everyone needs them, DN as well as my Phoenix team I am trying to get up to snuff to get Thrawn. Currently my Phoenix team stands at gear 8, which I heard is doable, but I cannot afford to miss Thrawn a second time - no way!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options

I am working on DN's gear. Almost at Gear level 9 with him, but my issue with gear at the mo is MK 5 A/KT Stun Guns - everyone needs them, DN as well as my Phoenix team I am trying to get up to snuff to get Thrawn. Currently my Phoenix team stands at gear 8, which I heard is doable, but I cannot afford to miss Thrawn a second time - no way!

Yeah, you can do the last tier with gear 8, but you need very good mods and RNG
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, you can do the last tier with gear 8, but you need very good mods and RNG

Which is why I want my Phoenix at G9 at least to blow Thrawn outta the water, lol
  • Options
    Try this:

QGJ (L)
    Zarris
    JKA
    Boba
    R2

All of these toons are Gear X or higher, Zarris will provide a healer for your team, QGJ will provide a speed boost for your jedi. If Boba dies Anakin gains his boost and Boba can revive. Jedi synergy will be extremely useful. R2 can provide stealth and added support. Hope this works.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Try this:

QGJ (L)
    Zarris
    JKA
    Boba
    R2

All of these toons are Gear X or higher, Zarris will provide a healer for your team, QGJ will provide a speed boost for your jedi. If Boba dies Anakin gains his boost and Boba can revive. Jedi synergy will be extremely useful. R2 can provide stealth and added support. Hope this works.

Never thought about that team - looks good, I'll give it a try!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Well just tried that team and it got me from rank 199 to 177.

My original team can creep back up the ranks too, so I hope I can creep further and possibly maintain a rank - at least under 200.

I'll keep you posted.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well - regardless of revive Fett seems to go down like a house of cards pretty quick.

I am switching him out for zKylo and see if that makes a difference. or maybe CLS - although my CLS gear level is not awesome he is still a toon to be reckoned with and is actually wthin my top 5 toons in my roster.

I will try zKylo first and the maybe switch out to CLS
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Nope zKylo didn't work as well as I thought.

Plus as using zKylo & zBarris in my original team - zBarris tends to debuff zKylo, taking the sting out of him.

I'll try CLS
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Ok so I am running a Vader (L), zBarris, zCLS, JKA and RG seems to have done well, but Arena on my shard has also upped the anti and more difficult teams are being faced.

Unfortunately I am in a spot where I am surrounded by whales and my rank will inevitably fall no matter what I do at this point.

Just trying to 7* everyone from Arena shipments while I can with the rewards I am getting, before too long rewards will barely be worth participating.

Its a shame, but I am sure lots of people on newer shards will face this difficulty sooner or later - be prepared as best you can.