Not enough credits to star up all my heroes, anyone else

Prev1
Tromedlov13
1559 posts Member
edited February 2016
I have double digit toons who have enough shards to star up, one even has enough shards to be starred up twice, but I don't have any where near enough money to do it.

Partially because of the Jedi event I have about 1 mil, but I need that to level JKG tomorrow when I get her to 6 and then for Yoda to get him from 5 to 6 if I can beat the 6* part of the event. And I don't have a single toon at my team level. And only one within two of my level.

I have Sid at 100 shards, but don't have the cash, two others at 85 but don't have the cash, and numerous ready to be moved to 5* and 6*. It would take me 3 million or more just to raise them.

Anyone else stuck in this rut?

I've been refusing to spend energy or crystals on credits as the return on investment is way too low. And lately I can't come close to finishing GW (which has lots of credits) but can't finish cause I don't have enough credits to level and star my character and I don't have enough credits cause I can't finish anymore. Is there any other way to make credits?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader

Replies

• Options
    Yes I am in the same spot because of the self imposed bottle neck they have placed on the game. Right now GW is the only place to earn significant credits but to win you have to have credits to level up your toons. I hope they add more events soon.
  • Options
    Yes. The lack of credits has created a pretty large roadblock for me. as we
  • Options
    The struggle is real.... Almost makes me want to buy credit packs. Ha... Not gonna happen.

Maybe we will get some time after the Jedi event to just hang at lvl 70 and catch up.
  • Options
    I hit 69 today, and between starring (Jedi team and arena team to 6/7 stars), I can't keep them at my level. Luckily I'm close to 70, and can complete GW, so I should be able to catch up soon enough.

Either patience or pay, I'll wait a bit. Credits are too expensive to get aside from the 700k or so a day from GW/Cantina/misc.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    The struggle is real.... Almost makes me want to buy credit packs. Ha... Not gonna happen.

Maybe we will get some time after the Jedi event to just hang at lvl 70 and catch up.

Lvl 80 cap in March. It will make the P2W keep buying in order to keep pace, and not give F2P enough time to even catch up to the lvl 70 cap. They way the devs have been running this game, I don't see the cap staying at 70 past March 1st

Game developers know that spending goes down when there is no level race.

But I think they need to wait til at least April. In the case of this game, things are going to quickly, they need to slow it down and let people start to build teams.

Anyone focused on more than just PvP needs at least ten good heroes 5 for LS, 5 for DS.

Add to that you need probably another 6 to 10 for GW. It's impossible to keep up with current team while trying to build another. By the way this is why people hate nerfs so much, you spend about four million credits to level and star a toon, who then becomes useless/much less useful.

And I can't wait to see how many credits it takes to go from level 70-71 for each hero
  • Options
    My credits have been steadily increasing, but I haven't had a 6* or 7* promotion in awhile.
  • Options
    I need just over 36 mil to star up everyone I currently have enough stars for. Assuming an average of 750k per 600 crystals, that's 29k crystals, or $200 USD. Plus another roughly 50 mil to level all to lv 70. So that's another $300. Not including the droids that will be needed also.
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    Gungnir75 wrote: »

Lvl 80 cap in March. It will make the P2W keep buying in order to keep pace, and not give F2P enough time to even catch up to the lvl 70 cap. They way the devs have been running this game, I don't see the cap staying at 70 past March 1st

Game developers know that spending goes down when there is no level race.

But I think they need to wait til at least April. In the case of this game, things are going to quickly, they need to slow it down and let people start to build teams.

Anyone focused on more than just PvP needs at least ten good heroes 5 for LS, 5 for DS.

Add to that you need probably another 6 to 10 for GW. It's impossible to keep up with current team while trying to build another. By the way this is why people hate nerfs so much, you spend about four million credits to level and star a toon, who then becomes useless/much less useful.

And I can't wait to see how many credits it takes to go from level 70-71 for each hero

Ya I agree, leveling was way easier than anything else, they had to slow it down, when you got pay to winners buying everything but credit packs then you need to make a change right? I think we can just consider ourselves lucky we got in as early as we did and got to enjoy extra credits for awhile, its one way to look at it. I don't find this change game breaking at all.
  • Options
    Yes it costs so much to go from level 60-70 that I'm struggling with credits.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Short answer: yes. Everyone is.

This is a restricted resource management and allocation game. And in such games, it is virtually always -- and certainly in this case -- better to concentrate resources rather than spread them around. You cannot, repeat cannot, level up everyone. Indeed, you cannot consistently keep more than 5-6 running at max and still maintain any sort of reasonable cushion. That's just the way it is. I keep 5 maxed in every way possible, one trailing by a little, 5+ mil in reserve for unexpected changes, and the rest can rot. (And I do not expect this to maintain north of 60, which I am just now crossing). Only once those 5 are capped one way or another will I change focus to anyone else. Full stop.

Again, it's all about staying ahead or even with the cadre of likely competition on your shard (I've found my comfortable sweet spot between 20-30 so far -- no real challenge, no refresh, natural groove based on my progression between rank 20 to 30 on my server). Focus, optimize, maximize, have a plan and STICK WITH THE PLAN. Or fall behind. This can certainly be a frustrating aspect of this type of game -- and this is one of the very deliberate vectors of frustration exploited in order to drive the engine of cash extraction -- but that's the game, no point in letting it get to you. And if it really does get to you, you might want to explore doing something else. Cause the business model aint gonna change.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    I have the same problem with credits and training droids. It gets very difficult to keep up with all your chars and keep your main ones caught up. This is especially true once you approach level 50. I have several chars that I have recently acquired and haven't even started to tinker with even though a couple will probably be more powerful than my originals.

Personally I try to keep enough chars close to my player level in order to keep up in LS, DS, Cantina, and GW. Then I spend a few resources on leveling a new char slowly or dropping back to catch up one that fell behind. It's difficult to say the least and this is coming from someone that will drop some cash here or there. I can't imagine how a completely f2p player does it.
  • Options
    I have double digit toons who have enough shards to star up, one even has enough shards to be starred up twice, but I don't have any where near enough money to do it.

Partially because of the Jedi event I have about 1 mil, but I need that to level JKG tomorrow when I get her to 6 and then for Yoda to get him from 5 to 6 if I can beat the 6* part of the event. And I don't have a single toon at my team level. And only one within two of my level.

I have Sid at 100 shards, but don't have the cash, two others at 85 but don't have the cash, and numerous ready to be moved to 5* and 6*. It would take me 3 million or more just to raise them.

I've been refusing to spend energy or crystals on credits as the return on investment is way too low. And lately I can't come close to finishing GW (which has lots of credits) but can't finish cause I don't have enough credits to level and star my character and I don't have enough credits cause I can't finish anymore. Is there any other way to make credits?

You have to be patient and give it time. I ran into the credit drought early on too. Pace your promotions. Focus on only a small handful of chars at a time. Do all the daily challenges. Do GW every day even if you can't beat it. You will soon enough. Don't buy credit packs.

I've been playing for a little over two months. I've spent only $15 on daily crystal packs so far. I have three 7* chars, three 5*, and a mess of 4*. I currently have over 4.5 mil credits and rarely drop below 2 mil.

I actually think the system favors F2P and spare change spenders in that we don't end up with a huge stable of chars that we feel obligated to max.
  • Options
    Mittens wrote: »
    I need just over 36 mil to star up everyone I currently have enough stars for. Assuming an average of 750k per 600 crystals, that's 29k crystals, or $200 USD. Plus another roughly 50 mil to level all to lv 70. So that's another $300. Not including the droids that will be needed also.

Holy cow! Might I be so forward as to ask how you got so many shards without getting credits?
  • Options
    Inggold wrote: »

Holy cow! Might I be so forward as to ask how you got so many shards without getting credits?

I'm in a similar spot, farming for gear and shards makes you no money whatsoever, ok that's a slight exaggeration, you make some money, but not enough to actually level characters
  • Options
    I have at least 10 heroes, several not leveled that are waiting on promotions including poggle who is waiting on his 6 and 7 star promotion. In hindsight I shouldn't have leveled yoda.
  • Options
    I really was one of those folks that actually thought you folks lvl60+ were full of it when I saw the amount of posts in regards to this problem. I now stand corrected.

I use to be 2mil strong with credits & never had the problems I read about on the forums, I thought I was the exception to the rule... But that's the thing, since hitting lvl60 myself as a F2P that always finishes top 15-50 in Arena & that has never hit any sort of credit problems or even spent a cent on credit packs. I now find my resources diminishing faster than I can save them.

Yes the Jedi situation is partly the problem to my lessening credits, but it's not the rump... I feel the problem sits with the "free credits" that are part of the "daily 5x bronzium" packs, I'm not sure who else have noticed but there will always be 1 credit pack at minimum you get or free... So... My suggestion is that instead of 500 credits, give 50 000 credits. Just add a 00 at the end of every "bronzium credits" that is received, that way you can attempt to at least keep up with your toon leveling & still give your whales the advantage.

A simple suggestion.
  • Options
    F2P and never had a problem with credits until I hit 70. I still have 5m but have several toons approaching 7* all of which will sap a million each.
  • Options
    Inggold wrote: »

Chromiums. And I've bought at least 20 credit packs before this.
  • Options

I'm not quite as well off as you, but I was hovering around a million but the event wiped that out. I'm broke now and yoda is about 10 levels behind my main 2 squads which are below my level cap by about 4 or 5 I think. I've got a couple of toons who could be starred but I can't afford to do that mat or credit wise right now.

My dark side squad and side took the biggest beating over the course of the event and prep so I'm trying to switch back over to them a bit. I will top yoda off as I go.

They starve us for the mats and credits and droids though it feels like. My main squad is just watching the level cap leave them behind lol.
  • Options
    My kingdom for credits. The old credit events are looking mighty good right about now. I have toons I could Star that I simply can't. Not to mention most aren't even level 70 yet.... And I've been lvl 70 for over a week. Add to all that the meta change.....
  • Options
    Just hit 70 and poor as a church mouse. I've got several toons coming due to star up and some I want to level but I can't. I come up a battle or two short in GW most of the time and I'm really missing that cash. Really disappointing.
  • Options
    You have to focus on one or two heroes at a time. You should be able to take a hero from 60-70 every two or three days. (Maybe 4) Then focus abilities. Get the ones that offer utility+damage first, and choose 1-2 leader abilities and then go down the list. You should have a solid roster.

Promotions will throw a wrench in the works but I try to plan for them and save up when I know they are coming.

When new heroes come out we have to really evaluate how much they will help in GW (biggest source of credits) in addition to arena. Once you have a solid GW roster you can build your best arena team and you'll keep credits coming.
  • YoYoYoda369
    181 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    http://imgur.com/a/PDIRG.png

I found enough credits.... you can too!
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    I too am starving for credits. The Jedi event was a distraction for me until I saw myself slipping above rank 50 in arena. At that point and now being able to see the full teams of my opponents I went into damage control; I Became concerned of falling into the 100's and above. So, Gear, gear,gear and full force on my arena team. I am actually higher now, below ten and hovering in 20's again. I can beat some teams 2000 points stronger if RNG doesn't take sides or goes in my favor slightly but loose the spots on defense. No big deal, I stopped worrying about getting QGJ, Ashoka, and Eeth to 5 stars but all that gear farming and spending to level and star up really put a hurting on my arena team. It also hurt me in GW because I had to leave JC and Phasma behind who I sub in or lead B squad.
  • Options
    ^Everyone is starving for credits, they want to force you into buying them.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    The un-affordability is real. Promoting a 6* to 7* cost 1M. I still have over 20 characters at lvl 1. Already spent thousands of crystals buying the nerfed credit mega packs.