New Guild Search, Promoting Dropouts?

WhoVille_Sheriff
263 posts Member
edited August 2017
I like the idea of a better guild search for players, but why did you make it so easy for them to jump ship? 1 big green button to join another guild?

I think it would have been way more effective to allow guilds to merge easier. I am also sad that you can't find players who are available. Others may disagree, but I was disappointed with the "improvement."
WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/

Replies

• Previously, I was asked to join another guild. I had friends over there and my current guild wasn't doing anything in chat and didn't seem to be growing or developing or to have any point to it at all. But there was a pair of raids going on. Still, the new guild completed more raids more quickly, and they were going to start a raid after the next payout in a few hours.

So I left my guild and tried to join the guild of my friend and ally. There was a level minimum I didn't meet (I was 76, the level minimum was 80). We were trying to get hold of the guild founder who was the only one who could reduce the min long enough for me to join. Couldn't do it. I decided to rejoin my old guild to finish the raid I'd started.

I rejoined & couldn't participate in the raid b/c it had started "before I joined the guild". Of course, that wasn't true. It was started before I rejoined the guild, but not before I joined. I was a member when the raid started.

So as a player I wasn't trying anything to cheat the system, get extra raids by guild-hopping, or anything else. What I was doing was perfectly reasonable, but because a guild officer didn't know what there own level minimum was and because the founder wasn't around at the exact moment needed, I was treated as if I was new to my old guild (24 hour pause on equipment sharing, etc.) and lost out on a raid in which I'd already done damage.

It was, in a phrase, grossly unfair. I should not have been penalized for rejoining my old guild. But there it was - I couldn't send an invite request while a member of one guild, and I couldn't even find out that I didn't meet the requirements for joining the other guild until I'd left mine.

Being able to see the requirements for a new guild before you leave your old one and being able to try to join a new guild directly from your current guild is exactly what stops people from ending up in the unfair purgatory I was in for 24 hours.

Now, it's only 24 hours, but I'm only 1 player. I'm sure it's happened to others. If it's unfair, and the devs can fix it, they should.

And they did.

I say thanks to the devs. This is a good thing. If you're having trouble retaining guild members, you should ask yourself why, not make it harder for players to leave.
  • I think they should make it easier to recruit. People leaving is a product of available and timing. It's very hard for smaller guilds to grow when it is so easy to jump ship now. That was my original point.

I see your side too, but nobody goes from a full guild to a half full guild. Seeing as mine is relatively new, these changed will more than likely slow down our progress and growth. Especially now since everyone wants to be in a guild with a high Galactic Power. This change only benefits the side you described.

Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
  • @WhoVille_Sheriff

Fair enough.

I do think it should be easier to recruit in-game. We hit 25k raid tickets today, and though that's a record for us, 21k is close to automatic and we have 2 days/week or so when we hit 23k. We're more active than most guilds and still carry some dead weight (the rest of the tickets that aren't earned are good members who go on vacation, get sick, that kind of thing). I think if we could advertise the good we're able to do for people by allowing people to raid regularly, etc., that we could get the last few spots filled with great folks and start hitting 25k-26k a couple times per week, and do better in TB as well.

:sigh:

If you have any ideas on how to make recruitment easier/better I'd love to hear them.
  • Unfortunately, I feel the best way is to advertise or blanket people with invites. That in and of itself poses a greater issue with spamming. I think they have exhausted some of their best options through the game. Another option is a lottery of sorts for auto placement on servers.

In terms of this new revision, I believe that a 1-click solution for changing guilds will cause a few accidental drop outs. Hopefully (since I am a leader and won't chance trying it), they have a confirmation dialogue box.

Either way, every guild struggles through recruiting, so perhaps I am being selfish by requesting an easier method. Those who put in the effort are already well established.

Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
  • Yes, i think that devs shoul implement
    Make guild search based on some criteria e.q. region/nation of leader/members, say if you are cz/pl/hun/rom player and want to join same languague guilds you have some problems since not all guilds have cz/pl/hun..etc in thier names
    Guild search for guild leader/officer for avaivable guild to merge, with bigger one absorbing smaller one
    Add ability zo koin new guild directly from old guild
    Add more filters/pisibilities to guild search like e.q. tb power 20/30/40..etc jump from 10 to 100 is very big,
    And combine it with 'adverstining" by guilds looking for new members, so that keader/officer can set we do heroic rancor/aat ( booth set in filter on/off)
    More later
  • @WhoVille_Sheriff

Fair enough.

I do think it should be easier to recruit in-game. We hit 25k raid tickets today, and though that's a record for us, 21k is close to automatic and we have 2 days/week or so when we hit 23k. We're more active than most guilds and still carry some dead weight (the rest of the tickets that aren't earned are good members who go on vacation, get sick, that kind of thing). I think if we could advertise the good we're able to do for people by allowing people to raid regularly, etc., that we could get the last few spots filled with great folks and start hitting 25k-26k a couple times per week, and do better in TB as well.

:sigh:

If you have any ideas on how to make recruitment easier/better I'd love to hear them.

Well if player can search guild by average amount of raids tickets produced by member..it will surely help small active guilds.