Guild Search button

Why does it exist?

I'm quite glad the guild search functionality has been improved. The two times I had a minor attempt at using it, it was impossible to find any information about the guilds in the list, and I'm sure it's a vast improvement for people searching for a new guild.

However:
1. Its placement is awful. It's almost overlapping the guild exchange, guaranteeing it will be hit by accident rather often.
2. Why does our guild headquarters have a button encouraging guild hopping? I understand people don't want to leave their current guild before they search for one to land in, but couldn't this have been added to the "guild management" button? Just add a way to go from "my guild" to "search guilds" or something instead of adding a gigantic c3po advertising guild hopping.
3. Why can I only find guilds that are able to recruit? If this had some way of "ranking" or comparing guilds, it might have some use. See where we are, and for instance, how my guild compares to the guilds of my arena shardmates. This is currently very laborious, having to go to "advanced search" and type in each guild name from my shard, and then hope it finds it: the search is currently rather buggy.

Replies

• Couldn't agree more, absolutely hate it. Saying that our guild has filled up very quickly since it came out, probably because we have decent GP compared to others. But are we filling up with guild hoppers? Remains to be seen, still hate it though.
  • I completely agree. Initially I thought, "Oh great, I can find a small guild and invite them to merge with mine," to strengthen both. But then I realised its only use is to find a guild that you want to move to. It highlights how much better other guilds will be for my guild's members.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Its umm, when you get booted from yours for lack of GP ... Well u get the idea
    Thanks Obama