ATF in the shard shop. Is she worth it?

Waqui
8802 posts Member
Would it be worth it to try to get ATF to 5* through the shard shop? Also considering that she will probably soon be farmable — maybe from a single node. Is she viable at 5* or even 7* in the arena? Does anybody have any experiences to share?

Replies

• I've been hoarding for the next shard release but I'm passing on her. Probably won't be a game changing in Arena and not part of any awesome Raid teams. Unless you saved up more than what could get you 300 shards, I would wait. But that's me.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Oh! I only read the shard shop part.
  • At 7* and zeta'd (personally I think the zeta is almost mandatory if you want to run her in arena) she's excellent. I use her under a CLS lead. OG Han in there providing extra buffs too :)
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    At 7* and zeta'd (personally I think the zeta is almost mandatory if you want to run her in arena) she's excellent. I use her under a CLS lead. OG Han in there providing extra buffs too :)

^This
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thanx! Just the type of answer, I was hoping for :—).
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have here max'd out... minus the zeta and she is ok. I used her in arena under CMD Luke and it was underwhelming. I may try her instead of Nihulus behind a the 3x cleanse team if I ever zeta her, but I struggle finding a perfect fit for her at this time.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    ATF and Nihilus both have their advantages but if you have a good team to generate buffs, ATF can deal more damage overall. DN has good crowd control by adding cooldown but I've been able to finish battles easier with ATF.
    Current team is CLS, GK, R2, Han Solo, and ATF
  • @Varlie yeah, solid team! I have no zetas on any of those toons you're using so I can imagine the potential.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Obviously the higher level the better for an attacker, and I don't believe she's viable at 5*s in the arena right now. Too much damage left on the table. In my opinion, you want her to be at either 6 or 7 stars to use her in the arena.

As an exercise, I calculated how much would be required each step of the way. I have enough shard store tokens saved to get her to 5*s, so let's start by assuming you're at 0 character tokens into 5 stars:

400 (GW/Arena/Guild) tokens turn into 5 character shards turn in to 75 shard shop tokens
    1000 tokens = 5 character shards
    80 (required to get to 6*s) * 5 = 16 000 shards are required to go from 5 to 6 stars
    16 000 / 75 = 213.3 turns in of 7* characters from other shops
    213.3 * 400 = 85,333.33 total tokens required from other stores to go from 5 to 6 stars

I have 108k tokens from GW, Arena, Guild, and Cantina stores, so I could go allllllll in spend basically all my store credits to get her to 6 stars. That would be kind of depressing, but it's not like I'm spending the tokens anyway.

Anyway, to go from 6 to 7 stars, you would need 107k tokens from other stores to get the 100 character shards needed, meaning it would take 192k total tokens to go from 5 to 7 stars.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • That's about 10 gear pieces!
  • Unfortunately the update came after the reset for me, I've been waiting for her ever since she got released..
  • TCS
    34 posts Member
    I can confirm she is viable even at 4*. Mine is at G11 and I can place Top 50 in my shard (October 2016) with CLS (L), R2 7*, Baze 4*, and Chirrut 7*. Not ideal obviously but the Whirlwind Zeta covers up well for her being lower stars.
  • DarthGazza
    339 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I got the update and the locked TB and TB store but not ATF or captain Solo in cantina 7d

Also, is there a date set for TB?

Cheers
  • I have here max'd out... minus the zeta and she is ok. I used her in arena under CMD Luke and it was underwhelming. I may try her instead of Nihulus behind a the 3x cleanse team if I ever zeta her, but I struggle finding a perfect fit for her at this time.

Leia is a far better choice in arena (more damage, faster, she survives better too and buff your team).

Tano is a nice character but she works better alone design wise. She's not worth the investment for arena or raids. She may be really useful on GWs though. With a jedi tag she would have been way more useful but sadly she's not - Jedis are lacking pure damage, Rebels aren't. :)
  • You should at least unlock her...

Her zeta is about as necessary as bullets are to gun.

Atf is amazing in a team that can generate lots of buffs to get that immediate OHKO.

Even without a team that can immediately generate buffs she still has good speed, dmg and her basic giving herself and a random ally +40% protection is very very useful, especially in GW where it carries over to the next battle.

She is not a must have character... but she is most certainly not a bad one.
  • I maxed her out on day one and even though I used her in various scenarios .. here are my pros and cons

Pros:

- Potentially insane damage (keyword is POTENTIALLY)
    - Very fast
    - Her ability to constantly replenish protection (albeit small) is useful
    - She self generates buffs
    - Her attacks look really cool (which is just really for show)

Cons:

- Not viable in arena (or really elsewhere to a lesser degree) without her zeta
    - Her whirlwind is contingent on buffs so that impacts how you structure your squad, sometimes not in an ideal way
    - She's not hard to kill, esp with the current type of critical heavy meta toons led by CLS

I've used her with great success in various Rancor and HAAT squads. For instance she's great in a Wiggs P4 HAAT squad etc. However .. there are better toons in her spot. Recent reworks of Raid Han and Leia have made her even less essential and toons like Zarris really neuter her in arena. Given the number of killer damage dealers (especially on the rebel side) she's not really that essential. She's really a trophy toon in your squad IMO.

Honestly, if she didn't have the rebel tag but was a Jedi ... she'd be more useful IMO because the Jedi could always use another major damage dealer to go in sync with guys like Ezra, JKA etc. Unfortunately that doesn't fit her story canon ...

In the end, I'd say, if you could get Zolo or ZLeia first .. that's more useful with a rebel squad with CLS or others than ATF in the current meta.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    ATF and Nihilus both have their advantages but if you have a good team to generate buffs, ATF can deal more damage overall. DN has good crowd control by adding cooldown but I've been able to finish battles easier with ATF.
    Current team is CLS, GK, R2, Han Solo, and ATF

@Varlie
    Is that team better than my current one:
    CLS (It binds all Things)
    R2 (Number Crunch)
    Fulcrum (Whirlwind)
    Thrawn (Ebb and Flow)
    Leia

And do you have 2 zeta on r2?
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @theHejiN - the main benefit to my team over yours is the additional buffs you get from both GK and Han. I haven't used Thrawn much and I can't remember if he provides any buffs. So with your team, you are looking at Leia and R2 which will only give you stealth and CC Up. buffs. As Meditate only pulls unique buffs, she won't get the 5-7 buffs needed to really do the damage.

I have Zetas on Luke's Binds All Things, both of R2's zetas, and Fulcrum's Whirlwind
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Varlie wrote: »
    @theHejiN - the main benefit to my team over yours is the additional buffs you get from both GK and Han. I haven't used Thrawn much and I can't remember if he provides any buffs. So with your team, you are looking at Leia and R2 which will only give you stealth and CC Up. buffs. As Meditate only pulls unique buffs, she won't get the 5-7 buffs needed to really do the damage.

I have Zetas on Luke's Binds All Things, both of R2's zetas, and Fulcrum's Whirlwind

Thrawn gives speed up...
    to the other team
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Krayden_Phogg
    1685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    At 7* and zeta'd (personally I think the zeta is almost mandatory if you want to run her in arena) she's excellent. I use her under a CLS lead. OG Han in there providing extra buffs too :)

That's what I want to change too. I want to eventually replace Wiggs with ATF and Han Solo. She has high DPS, especially on basic, and can spread protection up on counters. I like Hans double tap, TMR, DPS and TMR. Plus he can spread some buffs that ATF can copy.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Would it be worth it to try to get ATF to 5* through the shard shop? Also considering that she will probably soon be farmable — maybe from a single node. Is she viable at 5* or even 7* in the arena? Does anybody have any experiences to share?

Hey, I think one of your guild mates is in my arena shard. Looking to get in touch @Waqui