SWGoH: Territory Battles Hoth – Ultimate Guide

Everything you need for Territory Battles - links to the GameChangers videos & other tools, all of our articles covering the reward structure of TB, the characters needed, how to increase Galactic Power efficiently, and much more - is now live at Gaming-fans.com.

SWGoH: Territory Battles Hoth – Ultimate Guide

Replies

• No comments? Wow.
  • I, for one, appreciate you getting all of this info in one spot. I will be sharing it with my guild. Thanks.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks to all who contributed in making this guide, it looks like an enormous amount of work and it's fully appreciated. :)
  • ljcool110 wrote: »
    No comments? Wow.

With the (justified) complaints happening today, I didn't even notice this post. :S Thanks for bumping it so I can check it out.
  • Nice compilation of data and guides here!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    No comments? Wow.

Im not sure what you mean with this
  • Thanks bud :)
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    AT-ST in phase 6, just seen the video on twitter.
    Your team plus 1 AT-ST and 2 Snowtroopers either side.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • C L I C K B A I T
    I hate clickbait.
  • Oh yeah that will be sweet
  • Thanks for compiling the data and presenting it in a visually appealing manner.

Sorry for missing it, I just assumed anything actually useful would immediately be moved into one of the sub sub sub forums, which I have no intention of ever visiting. Glad I took a peek at this one.
  • Already shared it with my guild. Thanks!
  • Mentioned it for my guild too.. thanks for putting it together!
  • Anyone wanna summarise what's in it? Anything other than information already widely available?
  • I, for one, appreciate you getting all of this info in one spot. I will be sharing it with my guild. Thanks.

Thanks man - I appreciate it.
  • Does the guide have Phase 1 stuff?
  • Thank you for this!
  • Shared with the team...thanks so much!
  • I'm sorry for just now commenting, but I love your entire site at Gaming_fans.com. I started using your Mod Guide several weeks ago and it is exactly what I had been looking for. It is always current, it doesn't just say use these mods, it explains why these mods go with a character and even explains set bonuses.

Your Territory Battle Guide is AWESOME! Someone here asked what was in the guide, so here's a summary (probably missing a few things). The guide has a section that walks you through each phase of the battle; a section on the characters & ships you will need and tells you when & where you will need them; a section explaining the reward structure; how to calculate power, points, and increase stars; basic strategies & tips on success; and I'm sure more.

To the people that put this together thank you for your hard work! I have kept it open and referred to many times during while playing and I've recommended it to my guild mates.
  • I've noticed that there's something missing in this guide, so i decided to put effort in complementing it: I'm doing a spreadsheet phase by phase detailing each and every unit needed for all platoons both in ground and air missions, so as soon as i finish it this week, i will post it here!

With this update, guilds can preview which characters they will need to better plan their placements.

On our guild, we are using the swgoh website sync to also have an overview of all units we have on the guild.
    It becomes easier to see which characters your guild can't allocate and thus do not spens other useful characters on those platoon which your guild can't possibly complete, saving points for other stuff.
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    At the moment this guide looks like a rough draft, missing a lot of valuable information.

For instance, it should point out which platoons are important to do before you do combat missions. (Some platoons affect combat in the same phase - e.g. power generator).

There is a lot of structure to the platoons, which this guide totally misses. (Platoons seem to be fixed for a given TB, just increase in star requirements phase by phase. There is other structure which has implications for farming strategy.)
    [Edit: Removed for now. This structure may be a bug, so have to see what happens. Still worth covering platoon strategy.]

It should give summary of the opponents you are likely to face, their strengths and weaknesses (so far the fleet battles seem to always have same opponents. 3 Tie; 2 Tie 1 Tie advanced; 2 Tie 1 Gauntlet; ...). Which ones appear in which missions (if there is regularity in this).

Suggestions of which ones to attack first, maybe even suggestions of good chars/teams. (e.g. Rebel leaders: Wedge, Jyn, Ackbar)

Decent start, but not even penultimate at this point.

[Edit: Additional thoughts. These might be in there and I just missed them:

Should make it clear that there is no star requirement for deployment. (Some people didn't deploy in later phases because they thought it required 6 star ships.)

Should make clear what happens when you don't earn a star in a territory. (i.e. that you don't lose the TP accumulated, so can build on it next day. How it affects battles, platoons, etc.)
    ]
    Post edited by stohelit on
  • I finished my complete character/ship guide for the event, and i used a table made by 'Pyrefly' as an overview to help identify how much points to each star advancement you will need (thx internet).

The guide is an excel spreadsheet with several tabs, one for each mission and phase of the event, divided by platoons and also details about the missions/bonus/skills, also which character/stars you need to unlock them all.
    This is intended to help guilds to better visualize and prepare to get all the characters/ships in a more detailed fashion, platoon by platoon, so you don't miss any stars.
    It would be nice if the OP put this link in the first post as to complement the previous guide, which is also very nice, but as i said before, lack this kind of details.

Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9H2VcLw8dBwV2ZZdE1OOTN0SjA

Enjoy!
  • @brunobyof Nice start on a sheet.

Seems like would help if the platoons pulled the character counts from the relevant sheet (so platoon sheet needing 5* QJG should have next to it the number of 5* QGJ's you have.)
    Also each platoon should include a total of how many of each character required, flagging ones don't have enough of.
    Any platoon which is unachievable (don't have required character) should show a flag. (i.e. if have no 7* CUPs, then flag the whole platoon. If only have enough for 1 of 3 sheets, flag them differently.)
  • @stohelit Hi, nice suggestions! Feel free to download and make your own changes as you will.
    With the current state of the sheet me and my guild were able to determine which characters we need to farm, by comparing it with another sheet of the guild characters from the swgoh list (the sync list).

• brunobyof wrote: »
    I finished my complete character/ship guide for the event, and i used a table made by 'Pyrefly' as an overview to help identify how much points to each star advancement you will need (thx internet).

The guide is an excel spreadsheet with several tabs, one for each mission and phase of the event, divided by platoons and also details about the missions/bonus/skills, also which character/stars you need to unlock them all.
    This is intended to help guilds to better visualize and prepare to get all the characters/ships in a more detailed fashion, platoon by platoon, so you don't miss any stars.
    It would be nice if the OP put this link in the first post as to complement the previous guide, which is also very nice, but as i said before, lack this kind of details.

Here is the link:

Enjoy!

You've gone to a lot of work with that spreadsheet, can you clarify the numbers on the character sheet for me. Under each star e.g. 2* Bariss you have 4, what does this mean?
  • brunobyof
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    natharas wrote: »
    brunobyof wrote: »
    I finished my complete character/ship guide for the event, and i used a table made by 'Pyrefly' as an overview to help identify how much points to each star advancement you will need (thx internet).

Here is the link:

Enjoy!

You've gone to a lot of work with that spreadsheet, can you clarify the numbers on the character sheet for me. Under each star e.g. 2* Bariss you have 4, what does this mean?

It means the guild will need 4x Barris 2* to complete the platoons. Most of the platoons repeat for mission B and C, so in this case, Barris appears 4x in the phase 1, which requires 2* characters. She is on platoons 1,2,3 and 4, hence 4x Barris.
    When you see like 12x 'Character' it means the sum of all platoons in all missions, thus the total the guild will need to complete all platoons.
    In some cases, characters can appear in one mission like 3x, but only 2x in the other mission for the same phase, which means you will end up needing a total of 5x. But most characters are paired in both missions.

EDIT: Oh, and just to make it clear> in the sheet character, the numbers required are renewed for each star, so in the case of Barris,you only need 2x Barris 7*. but if you have 4x barris 7*, then you are all good through all phases, because the maximum number of required Barris is 4, in the phases 1,2,3 and 4. SO you don't need to sum 2* characters with 3* and so on.

EDIT: Sadly, since the latest patch, the platoons are now created with random characters, so the chart which tells you how many you need from each character is useless. However, the Other content still has it's use: you can see how many GP for each star in each phase, which bonus from each platoon mission and more.
    Post edited by brunobyof on
  • "Since the latest patch, the platoons are now created with random characters, so the chart which tells you how many you need from each character is useless"

Is this true?? if so that makes things a bit more difficult!!!