New G11 and G12 Gear Questions

Couple of questions that I may have missed seeing a post about.

I had assumed the G12 gear that was coming was to get us from G11 and to G12. But am confused with the release of the new G11 gear that according to the update notes seems to only be farmable on the three normal nodes.

1) Have we heard of that G11 gear being available anywhere else in any stores or is it truly farm only?
2) Is the new G11 gear what is actually going to be needed to get from G11 to G12, i.e replacing the current gear icons? (if not, whats it for?)
3) If it is, does that mean G12 gear is what we put on once we reach G12?
4) Or is this new gear a component needed in G12 gear to craft it?

Sorry if this has already been asked somewhere!

Replies

• We'll find out later today, but I think the G12 gear is mostly going to be stuff you add on after you upgrade your toon to Gear XII. Some combination of the new stuff will fill out existing "this gear will come in a later update" spots in your maxed toons, and presumably mostly G12 gear will fill in after that. But ultimately, we don't know the details, and won't till the content update is released which is likely in a few hours from now.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    E: nvm, you're right. They are mk4 bacta gels, not mk3. So definitely new stuff.
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Wait. Isn't the new G11 stuff just the stuff from hAAT, but added to nodes? The mk3 bacta gels, mk4 holos and so?

No its definitely gear that did not exist before (Mk4 Bacta, for example). So there's a good chance this stuff is component or G11-12 transition gear. It wouldn't appear on any currently existing character anywhere except the blocked slots at G11 - so it might appear in the gear progression for the three new toons.

It certainly sounds like this gear can currently only be farmed on the noted nodes.
  • Thanks for the responses, kind of inline with what was running through my head, guess I'll get myself ready for the new gear crunch! ;-)
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Actually over the past few months I've seen where I had a character with g11 and only one 'gear' placeholder icon slot open, and I was viewing a piece of g11 armor/salvage and it showed that character as 'needing it' but when I went to the character's gear screen, it was the placeholder gear icon.

If any of that made sense to you, then my logic is that the 'gear' is kind of a 'lock' keeping you from placing the g11 gear to upgrade you to the g12 gear set. But the gear needed within g12 set is all the new TB only pieces. I don't expect a g12 piece of gear/salvage being required to 'get to' g12.
  • Only issue is then, what is this all new G11 gear for? Only other thought is that its new gear for Hermit, ROLO, Hoth Han and other future characters.

My bet is still that this new G11 gear is the stuff needed to open G12, maybe what you saw is that gear is also needed in the G12 gear as a component.

Guess we'll find out soon enough! :smile:
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    I would think you are right... that and new toons will have it... could very well be mixed into the g12 gear as well.