Anti-revive abilities

Allenb60
2171 posts Member
edited August 2017
Instead of making it impossible to be revived from abilities like execute or annihilate would it be better to prevent the defeated opponent from being revived once or twice? I don't think revive mechanics are strong enough to need hard counters

Replies

• Isn't that the same thing
  • Isn't that the same thing

Same effect but not permanent
  • Disagree. There's like 3 characters that can prevent revives, and those abilities make up a significant part of their kits. No reason to change it.
  • No. this doesn't really matter. The no-revive skills don't matter enough to need a soft counter. these skills are both so rarely used in pvp that it doesn't matter,and in PVE you should never be in a position where the revive block matters (rancor being the narrow exception if he somehow resists tons of TM removal, but in that situation no revive makes perfect sense because he's eating someone).
  • Wassup wrote: »
    No. this doesn't really matter. The no-revive skills don't matter enough to need a soft counter. these skills are both so rarely used in pvp that it doesn't matter,and in PVE you should never be in a position where the revive block matters (rancor being the narrow exception if he somehow resists tons of TM removal, but in that situation no revive makes perfect sense because he's eating someone).

I know, but it stinks to see design space for future content limited
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Disagree. There's like 3 characters that can prevent revives, and those abilities make up a significant part of their kits. No reason to change it.

I concur.