Funniest Star Wars Character and Moment

The_Light_Sider
208 posts Member
edited August 2017
There have been many comedic elements across the Star Wars films, from cowardly droids to daring ewoks, but who had you laughing? My personal favorites are the droids, who I find to add tasteful comedic relief. C-3PO, R2D2, HK47, Chopper, BB8, and K2S0 all added relevant and memorable comedy to the films.
While Star Wars has always struggled to find the proper balance of comedy and thematic elements/ character development (TPM and The Clone Wars TV show had too much distracting comedy while Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith could have used more), I feel that droids have stabilized the balance across the saga. Overall, I feel that the original trilogy had the best balance with the most comedic moment being Leia threatening to use a thermal detonator in the throne room of Jabba's palace. Other than droids, I find the most comedic characters to be Han, Leia, Hermit Yoda, and even Chewbacca at times. What had you laughing?
giphy.gif

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Easy: Yoda in Empire. I always forget how funny his scenes are. And whats truly impressive for me is how the same hilarious character is also capable of some of the most somber and deep scenes. Its all due to the phenomenal acting, writing, direction, and prop design (nothing that lucas contributed).

However, BB-8 is also worth an honorable mention. He has some great moments in TFA. He's easily the most expressive droid in the saga.
  • luke at that speed will you be able to pull out in time!?!
  • K2 was genuinely funny. Pretty cool addition to cannon.

Ventress and Kenobi flirting while trying to kill each other constantly through the Clone Wars was always worth a chuckle. Ventress as a whole is such a great character.
  • "laugh it up, fuzzball!"
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Raindragon wrote: »
    "laugh it up, fuzzball!"
    :D "somebody move this walking carpet!"
  • I like the humor created the by the gender assumptions I have as a guy. When Finn sees Rey being attacked, starts to run over but she beats them all up deftly. I laughed when he is taken aback & looks around like 'did...did anyone just see that?'.

I also thought it was funny when he's knocked unconscious by the Tie Fighter and she shakes him awake and he says:

tumblr_nzi1esjKyB1r5fenlo3_400.gif

Her face clearly says 'you just got blown up, why are you worried about me?' but she just says 'Yeah.' and holds out her hand.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I like the humor created the by the gender assumptions I have as a guy. When Finn sees Rey being attacked, starts to run over but she beats them all up deftly. I laughed when he is taken aback & looks around like 'did...did anyone just see that?'.

I also thought it was funny when he's knocked unconscious by the Tie Fighter and she shakes him awake and he says:

tumblr_nzi1esjKyB1r5fenlo3_400.gif

Her face clearly says 'you just got blown up, why are you worried about me?' but she just says 'Yeah.' and holds out her hand.

Agreed, TFA had a bit too much slapstick for me, but most of the humor, like what you described, is really good.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    K2SO.
  • K2SO's dry with and interjections had me in stitches.
    One that always got me was in RoTS when Grievous snatched the light saber out of the droids hands (after they brought him Obi Wan, Anakin, and Palpatine) and the droid sarcastically says "You're welcome" and walks away
  • K2SO's dry with and interjections had me in stitches.
    One that always got me was in RoTS when Grievous snatched the light saber out of the droids hands (after they brought him Obi Wan, Anakin, and Palpatine) and the droid sarcastically says "You're welcome" and walks away

Lol, Me too!
  • Many of Han's lines
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu