Galaxy of Barrisses. Critical chance is a liability

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
edited August 2017
The growing Zarriss meta is killing a lot of potentially good toons since nothing will hold against them on defense. She's becoming the new Rex. It just took a bit longer to catch on. It seems like there are too many counters to critical chance in this game overall, not just those two, and not enough counters to the counters. Is there any point investing in toons that only shine with crits other than for raids?

So far the only real counter to anti-crit is a pure sith team with Nihilus lead, and that's been proven to be mediocre to bad overall since it's faction based and easily beaten. I'd like to see a toon that mirrors Nihilus lead through a leader ability or unique but applies to anyone on the team regardless of faction, or preferably make Zarriss and Rex's abilities apply only to Jedi or Clones. Such strong abilities should be faction based IMO and not apply to literally anyone you throw on the team.

As time goes on and the power creep grows, I have to believe that the goal is to have absolutely nothing hold on defense. When people with so-so mods can throw in a crutch and walk over the entire shard, it seems a little off.

Replies

• Options
    Nah.

I hope this post is meant to be sarcastic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    god forbid that crits aren't the only way to win anymore, lol.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

This has nothing to do with winning. How about being punished for speed also? I've yet to see that one. Anti-speed abilities would actually be good for the game since we could focus on other stats for a change. Why focus on only certain stats to be countered but not touch speed.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

This has nothing to do with winning.

if it's not about winning why do you feel there's no point in investing in toons that only shine with crits other than for raids? Seems to me you can lose just fine with crit toons.
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback/Arena.

@LeoRavus If you were looking for advice instead, tag me to move it to Arena & Character Strategy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

This has nothing to do with winning. How about being punished for speed also? I've yet to see that one. Anti-speed abilities would actually be good for the game since we could focus on other stats for a change. Why focus on only certain stats to be countered but not touch speed.

Why do you think Rex is/was so darn good? because he countered crits or because he turned crits into speed? Rex has been negating speed advantage for quite some time now.
  • Options
    Toons with leader or unique abilities that affect everyone are bad for the game and reduce diversity as team synergy is outweighed by a few OP abilities that fit on every team.

At a minimum ability bonuses should be restricted by LS/DS but ideally faction specific - barriss and rex are just the worst of a number of examples
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    Toons with leader or unique abilities that affect everyone are bad for the game and reduce diversity as team synergy is outweighed by a few OP abilities that fit on every team.

At a minimum ability bonuses should be restricted by LS/DS but ideally faction specific - barriss and rex are just the worst of a number of examples

This is a sandbox game
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

This is a sandbox game

Which means more toons and teams should be viable rather than everyone having to use the same few OP toons that have no faction synergy just to be competitive. Reducing the power of the all purpose toons that make up 90% of the meta would open up the sandbox for many more toons.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

This is a sandbox game

Which means more toons and teams should be viable rather than everyone having to use the same few OP toons that have no faction synergy just to be competitive. Reducing the power of the all purpose toons that make up 90% of the meta would open up the sandbox for many more toons.

or just limit the meta to 1 team with synergy that is superior to the other synergy teams. I personally don't think there can be multiple pure faction synergy teams equally powerfull in arena, even if they tried.
  • Options
    or just limit the meta to 1 team with synergy that is superior to the other synergy teams. I personally don't think there can be multiple pure faction synergy teams equally powerfull in arena, even if they tried.

With this dev team you may well be right ... but that's entirely down to their limitations rather than it not being possible