Should we upgrade leader ability for all of our characters if not using them as a leader?

Hello, I am wondering if it makes a difference to upgrade the leader ability in the attacks and abilities section. For example I don't use Daka as a leader, so should I use the credits to upgrade her leader ability or not?

Also on a related note, when you attack, should you focus on the leader first or the other characters who have less health? Trying to learn the order of attacking players. Learning especially that whoever attacks first has a big leg up

Replies

• Even if you kill the opposing teams leader, that ability stays with the others throughout the duration of the match. So focusing on the leader is not necessary to start a match off. Unless that character is your biggest threat and you need them gone ASAP.

Personally, if I know I'm not going to use a certain characters leader skill I will not upgrade it. For me the mats and credits are too important to waste. If after playing the game for quite some time I find I have the extra credits and mats I will go back and get everyone all skilled up. If it is not a pressing matter and you have other characters that need the resources do not waste them on unused leader skills.
  • I only upgrade the ones I use as leaders, and the ones with good abilities that I intend to try out.
  • I have upgraded everything to level 3, even chars that I have at lvl 40. Purple mats are the real roadblock
  • ok thanks guys
  • Don't do it! If you've no intention of using a char as a leader, DO NOT use ability mats to upgrade their leader ability. I made this mistake early on. Tier 3 purple mats are extremely scarce.

As for the second question. Even if you kill the leader, the leader ability continues to effect the opponent squad for the duration of the match. So say your opponent has Sid for a leader. You off him first, but the rest of his squad still has the crit bonus' he brings with his leader skill.

Who you want to attack first is a learning curve and a huge part of the strategy. Take out Sid before he heal blocks one of yours? Leia before she cloaks? Poe before he taunts? Old Daka or Ewok Elder so they can't revive dead allies? You get the idea. The longer you play, the better idea you have of who's more of a threat and who's got to go first!