Bounty Hunters and Some Suggested Re-Tooling

VirtraThrad
444 posts Member
edited August 2017
I'm a bounty hunter fan, like i am certain many here are, and i do love some of the core concepts behind their gameplay, yet I have noticed they go largely unused in arena and other areas, which is a crime... and not the kind they would support.

First, a few thoughts: Boba Fett was reworked awhile back. It was something his character sorely needed, and it has made his toon largely more popular as he sees play with zader teams, and his leader skill boots crot chance and dmg for all toons nicely... but his leader skill offers a nifty little caveat for bounty hunter which speaks to how I believe their synergy should be retooled: thermal dets explode and give hunters tm. Another bounty hunter with similar mechanics? Zam Wessel. Greedo has thermal detonators in his arsenal... sonwe begin to see a pattern, but it stops. Why? Because there hasnt been a new bounty hunter since zam and dengar.

While I dont know if we will receive any new bounty hunter toons in the future (I would love too) what follows are a few simple kit adjustments to our current bounty hunters that synergize them toward the thermal detonators concept, yet also embrace their natures as hunters.

Cad Bane - the hunter who took the crown after Jango Fett was murdered by Mace Windy, Cad has a decent kit, but it lacks the flare and spectacle to represent an individual who sucessfully bombed the senate building on Coruscant, and made off with a high security prisoner. My suggestion for his kit is simple... add a skill, which follows:

They'll Never See It Coming: Cad Bane detonated all thermal detonators on the enemy team, dealing their damage . Buffed enemy's lose all buffs, while unbuffed enemy's receive speed down for 1-2 turns depending on skill level. This skill starts with a 2 turn cool down, and has a 4 turn cool down afterwards.

It gives Cad Bane some lethality, the skill hurts the enemy team and could potentially give hunters massive tm gain if used with a Boba Fett lead. I envision him hitting a remote detonation switch and chuckling much like he did in the clone wars.

Dengar: my retooling for him is simple. On his special that can stun enemy's, remove the stun chance and make it where he now attaches and explosive to the target enemy with a percentage to attach a second thermal detonator with an increasing percentage at each lvl. Also on his second special, give it an omega/zeta that has a chance to apply thermal detonators on critical hits.

IG-88: the droid who dishes out dmg like it's no one else's business. He gets a change to his leader skill and passive. His leader skill causes bounty hunters to have a 25-50% chance to apply thermal detonators on basic attack, depending on leader skill lvl. While his unique gets and omega/zeta which causes all exploding thermal detonators to be critical hits as long as IG-88 is active.

Greedo: a quality of life suggestion. Give his basic a retool where the omega makes him bonus attack 100% chance on a crit hit, rather than the evasion. As we all know, Greedo definitely didn't dodge very well in the movie, but he certainly did try and shoot.

Thoughts, opinions? I would love to hear feedback. (If you see typos, I apologize. Wrote this on my phone when i had the ideas)

Replies

• Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dengar needs to be faster.
    He is much faster than a normal human in lore.

Unique: What the Empire touches

He needs to have a unique that gives him +50% speed for the remainder of the encounter when he uses his AOE special. The caveat to this would be that he loses 2.5% health each turn thereafter.

Also, he has an insane hatred for Han Solo so I think he should have some sort of bonus against him.

Anytime an enemy Han uses his basic, Dengar has 50% chance to gain 50% TM.

With the prevalence of Han Zolo, I think this would be a useful addition to his kit.

Also, Dengar's basic should be increased to a 75% chance to call an assist rather than just 60% if the enemy is debuffed.

Zam Wessel should have added to the highest level of See What Sticks:

While Zam is active, Thermal Detonators cannot be cleansed,
  • Options
    All valid suggestions. I especially like the addition to zam. Nothing worse than having all your detonators wiped away.
  • Options
    All valid suggestions. I especially like the addition to zam. Nothing worse than having all your detonators wiped away.

Thanks. I ran Bounty Hunters right when zMaul, zQGJ and Triple Cleanse hit he scene so I know firsthand how much they struggle now.

Another helpful change would be to change the health bonus from Boba's lead to either a defense or protection bonus.

All the health bonus does now is make Bounty Hunters even more vulnerable to DOT's, %Health attacks, and R2's Burn.