Anyone else feel obligated to certain characters?

SfsJazz
36 posts Member
edited February 2016
When I first started this game I didn't know which characters to invest in and I didn't start browsing the forums until lately so I've invested into characters that arent as useful as most others, but with that being said I feel obligated to just go ahead and finish them. Anyone else have these kinda thoughts?


http://i.imgur.com/80TcjDs.png
http://i.imgur.com/Vts5dP3.png
http://i.imgur.com/MnI8z07.png

Replies

  • Options
    Jc lol. Could get lumi instead but its like.. Hes alrdy so high.. So why?
    And pikachu, but hes useful af.
  • Options
    Jc lol. Could get lumi instead but its like.. Hes alrdy so high.. So why?
    And pikachu, but hes useful af.

    Pika pika chuuuu
  • Options
    Well, I researched the game mechanic and character suggestions before I started (I didn't pick the game up at release, just started a few weeks ago). from the beginning I went for Dooku Lumi Sid GS and QGJ.

    But because I'm sentimental and a big Clone Wars series fan I'm also leveling Asoka and Asajj and trying to make them work. It's hard.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    Well, I researched the game mechanic and character suggestions before I started (I didn't pick the game up at release, just started a few weeks ago). from the beginning I went for Dooku Lumi Sid GS and QGJ.

    But because I'm sentimental and a big Clone Wars series fan I'm also leveling Asoka and Asajj and trying to make them work. It's hard.

    Clone wars the old good times
  • Options
    I bought a pack of chrons just for the chance to get Maul. He's my favorite obviously. And was stoked to actually get him. I geared him and leveled him and when I didn't win the lottery I realized I could go nowhere else with him. RIP Maul, don't get all.......broken up about it.............
  • Arube
    1026 posts Member
    Options
    I've just started my Greedo recently. He has too much potential not to be farmed after other priorities. If they fix the Thermal Detonator, that'll be even better.
    The significance of Critical-Utopian Socialism and Communism bears an inverse relation to historical development.
  • Options
    Arube wrote: »
    I've just started my Greedo recently. He has too much potential not to be farmed after other priorities. If they fix the Thermal Detonator, that'll be even better.

    Completely agree, especially when AI controlled they'll always throw it first. I just got Greedo to 5* and almost max gear and he's just below 5k power. When getting a double attack he can kill just about anyone
  • Arube
    1026 posts Member
    Options
    His crit damage is really awesome. I got interesting in him when I saw the life steal potential, and the critical chance rating. I feel that even removing the TD completely will make him 3x more viable. Nobody needs nor wants that skill - now that's a thread that should be made rather than these nerf ones.
    The significance of Critical-Utopian Socialism and Communism bears an inverse relation to historical development.
  • Options
    For sure. If Lando, Nute and Cad where easy to obtain a scoundrel team could be interesting if they where paird with Greedo and Boba.
  • Options
    USArmyAV wrote: »
    I bought a pack of chrons just for the chance to get Maul. He's my favorite obviously. And was stoked to actually get him. I geared him and leveled him and when I didn't win the lottery I realized I could go nowhere else with him. RIP Maul, don't get all.......broken up about it.............

    Yea that **** when i found that out as well. He would be good against all this Jedi hype
  • Arube
    1026 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe, if there was an upcoming event like yoda's for scoundrels to get Han (hint*)
    The significance of Critical-Utopian Socialism and Communism bears an inverse relation to historical development.
  • Options
    With a card pack to accompany it :D
  • Options
    I got Cad today off a bad decision single chrome buy. Hopefully he's actually farmable some day, cause I'm not buying more.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    I got Cad today off a bad decision single chrome buy. Hopefully he's actually farmable some day, cause I'm not buying more.
    His stun can be handy for certain challenges but that's about it. If only he were fast lol.
  • Options
    I leveled Talia chewy asajj and savage in the early goings. They were all mistakes. I farmed dooku phasma and sidious to 4* and stopped because I was tired of seeing them in every fight.
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I leveled Talia chewy asajj and savage in the early goings. They were all mistakes. I farmed dooku phasma and sidious to 4* and stopped because I was tired of seeing them in every fight.

    Talia and daka are needed, if you want to 3 star later dark side missions. Unlike Jedi Consular. There are no other reliable dark side healers, that i can think off.
    I don't regret my 6* star talia and i plan to 7* her eventually (a long way from now, after barriss, dooku are done, and sharing refreshes with mace and kylo).
    Also there's a long gap in cantina missions worth farming after tier 1 with luke and talia. So i spent most of my middle levels from 30-60 stuck with farming luke and talia in my cantina battles (i priotized talia over JC, because I wanted to reach dark side missions 5 to farm ima-gun di and barriss and i planned to replace JC with barriss/ lumi as healers).
  • oTradeMark
    393 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Level 60 is only half way to 70 when considering the total amount of XP required to reach 70. When they increase the level cap even further that will get worse.

    It will be a long time before you're able to max out all of your main characters for LS/DS/Arena/GW before considering an obligation to your extra characters.

    That's not considering major meta shifts caused by gameplay changes (speed leadership applying turn 1) or balancing (Poe nerf and speed mechanic change)
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I don't feel obligated to any toons, if the don't serve me I drop them down to the buttom of my upgrade list, however I my aim is to get as many toons upgraded as possible, but some of my toons is way out in the future, like chewie and royal guard, but if somthings change, like an event they are needed in they get back to the top
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    My 4* Maul still helps me in Arena and to cruise through the first half of GW. He's just plain deadly against Jedi, especially if called by QGJ as an assist. Plus his functioning life steal has helped me keep him alive longer.

    I have had him chain 4 kills in a row, and it is a thing of beauty.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I don't feel obligated to any toons, if the don't serve me I drop them down to the buttom of my upgrade list, however I my aim is to get as many toons upgraded as possible, but some of my toons is way out in the future, like chewie and royal guard, but if somthings change, like an event they are needed in they get back to the top

    This.
    Having a pokemon mentality, I want to get them all eventually, but I focus on what I'm using first. Chewbacca, Poe, Jawa and JC were all left behind at around lvl 50 (basically only luke survived to level 60).
    I only have 6 toons with me at level 68, and 5 of those are my dark side team (the other being luminara).
    Only those are maxed, i will worry about:
    1 - improving some tanks enough to ace the tank challenge, which right now i can only do at tier 2, having no tanks above lvl 53
    2 - getting a light side team (with 5 jedi) so i can get my yoda

    In te meantime, i still get occasional shards for desirable slow to level heroes, like ima-gun di, anakin and rey, but i dont gear them even when i do unlock them.
  • Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    I don't feel obligated to any toons, if the don't serve me I drop them down to the buttom of my upgrade list, however I my aim is to get as many toons upgraded as possible, but some of my toons is way out in the future, like chewie and royal guard, but if somthings change, like an event they are needed in they get back to the top

    This.
    Having a pokemon mentality, I want to get them all eventually, but I focus on what I'm using first. Chewbacca, Poe, Jawa and JC were all left behind at around lvl 50 (basically only luke survived to level 60).
    I only have 6 toons with me at level 68, and 5 of those are my dark side team (the other being luminara).
    Only those are maxed, i will worry about:
    1 - improving some tanks enough to ace the tank challenge, which right now i can only do at tier 2, having no tanks above lvl 53
    2 - getting a light side team (with 5 jedi) so i can get my yoda

    In te meantime, i still get occasional shards for desirable slow to level heroes, like ima-gun di, anakin and rey, but i dont gear them even when i do unlock them.
    It's funny as that's the exact opposite of what I did after level 60: speed leveling of JC. He's now 5* 70 max gear. :) Jawa is a stealth farm of mine to get him somewhere near viable when I have the spare credits/gear.

    1. the tank challenge gets much easier with Teebo (golden tip). You really only need 5 tanks including Teebo as a leader (obviously), mine is only level 40. Chewie and Royal Guard also have turn meter manipulation and Poe's taunt is golden, of course.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not obligated to any characters. For some reason though I keep trying to farm Old Ben. I was going to try for droids but for some reason I keep not finding the ones I'm looking for... :*
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    I'm not obligated to any characters. For some reason though I keep trying to farm Old Ben. I was going to try for droids but for some reason I keep not finding the ones I'm looking for... :*

    I see what you did there. Good man
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    I leveled Talia chewy asajj and savage in the early goings. They were all mistakes. I farmed dooku phasma and sidious to 4* and stopped because I was tired of seeing them in every fight.

    Talia and daka are needed, if you want to 3 star later dark side missions. .
    I 3* everything and didn't use Talia or Daka. Full damage mode with the droids and both Geonosian, and borrowed Sid
  • Options
    Arube wrote: »
    Maybe, if there was an upcoming event like yoda's for scoundrels to get Han (hint*)

    You shouldn't post stuff like this. The data mining done is not conclusive. They could very well end up either not require 5 scoundrels, or not give a unique character. They've said that not all events will follow the same structure as the Yoda event, as well.
  • Options
    Maul, funnest character in game. Just needs a but more love.
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    I got Cad today off a bad decision single chrome buy. Hopefully he's actually farmable some day, cause I'm not buying more.
    His stun can be handy for certain challenges but that's about it. If only he were fast lol.

    Heard that even that stun is unreliable. Haven't bothered to activate him at all. Can't waste the credits and I need to activate one other toon to get the achievement, so he's just lying there, breathing but not actually alive, lol.
  • Options
    Since day 1 I've been obligated to dark side characters Kylo, D maul, Dooku, Vader, Opress, FOTP, and of course Sid, now my fave is Daku love the revive ability especially for Maul or Kylo to return
  • Options
    Hk-47. He's been in my squad since I bought the droid pack. Because he is HK-47
  • Options
    Yarzahn wrote: »
    Talia and daka are needed, if you want to 3 star later dark side missions.

    I disagree. I finished all dark side missions and I never unlocked Daka.

    Character Name: Nofaultius
Sign In or Register to comment.