So thoughts on the new upvote/downvote forum feature?

I've been on many other forums with a similar rating/points system, it usually never ends well. Somebody downvotes another user, the other users begins thinking "who the f does he think he is" then proceeds to downvote/dislike/give bad reputation/give negative points or whatever it is to the guy who downvoted one of his comments/posts, then the guy decides to ask 10 of his friends on the forum to start disliking this dudes posts and so on. It's a fairly bad feature in any forum.

A better one is just leave a good reputation/points/votes system and let mods take them all away when you screw up or do something that goes against the rules of the forum.

Replies

• Yes, I don't like the down votes... Anyways, they are useless, I mean if you get downvoted nothing happens
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    I like to think of it like this:
    Vote Up = Chin-up head nod
    Vote Down = Chin-down with a raised eyebrow
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Just saw this thread. I made another one about the same thing. We had something similar on another game's website that I was a mod on and it turned into a big troll factory. People just surfed through downvoting everything they didn't like.

EDIT: Like the anakedjaywalker that's going through here and downvoting you guys...and probably me in a second lol.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info