Territory Battles: Tips, Questions, First Run Notes/Issues [mega]

Prev13456710
Vampire_X
1435 posts Moderator
edited September 2017
Greetings Holo Table Heroes, much like our academy posts.

Provide your day 1 tips and notes to help all the new hoth war heroes who have yet to enter the snowy battlefield!

Good references:

Tips:
Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Oorun
    40 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So each column in the map is a new phase ?

I tought that we have to do all map and then 24 hour later we will have a new map. but now i see the required numbers and it is obvious i was wrong
  • I think some don't remember that character pool is refreshed with every territory (phase)

And the option to deploy not all of them is valid for multiple territories combined in one phase - aka guild leader has to choose if the guild is spreading resources over multiple territories or focus all the toons on one of them.

With each phase toon pool is refreshed.
    Strongest toons go for combat missions etc.
    All the rest to platoons 1/2/3 etc
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    All right. I stand corrected then.
  • Could this new stuff possibly be anymore confusing?
  • Porkins33 wrote: »
    Could this new stuff possibly be anymore confusing?

The only confusing thing so far is why they made their tutorial the way they did. They're setting up a bunch of players for failure.
  • Watching Warrior's 1-hour long video helped me a lot before actually playing TB.

1st Phase:
    -fight to the death on both Combat Missions
    -fill in your 10 Bingo slots in the Platoon section
    -deploy the rest

2nd Phase and beyond:
    -check Platoon to see if any Toons are a requirement, fill them if you won't need to use him/her/it in Combat Missions
    -fight to the death in Special Missions then Combat Missions
    -fill in the rest of your Bingo slots in the Platoon section
    -deploy the rest
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Today's phase. Phase 1
  • So we noticed a couple of things that are different from what was said in the videos.
    First, all ship battles are only allowing light side ships. During the vids, we were told DS ships would be allowed in combat missions due to limited ship availability.
    Second, the requirements for the ROLO special mission are now 7* HR soldier and 7 star Captain solo. Should have been 5 star for each.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WAKn7

Unless we missed something, this will need to be fixed before we get to phase 3. Thank you devs for some new fun content! Looks great so far!
  • banjo1071 wrote: »
    1. Just use a weak, fitting unit.
    2. Dont waste your best Teams in fights. They bring more points in the last deployment of the phase. Use the best fitting team instead.
    Why not? Don't you want to use strong teams so you can beat all 6 waves and maximize the TB points?

Sure, but later in the game you cannot contribute them to a region of your choice. Use the teams that is needed for the 6 Waves, there is no need for more...
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Just 1st phase, after 24hs (12hs in previous tb) in the next phase it refresh all your toons (just like a non heroic raid) so you can use them again in that new phase
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Yeah that tutorial was trying to hussle me too. Kinda backwards how they have it set up
  • The TP gained from toons looks different than what was stated in the pre-launch videos. When you assign a toon to a Platoon or use them in a Combat mission, the corresponding GP from the toons is added into the TP contributed. The impact being you don't need to care what the GP is of the toons donated to the Platoons are, because it's the same as dumping them in Deployment.

Can anyone confirm?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    This question is relevant to know if the carriers of the guild should wait until the guild has 2* in the battles before fighting the harder battles.
  • No. The only thing that ramps up are the number of Territory Points needed for the next star.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Phipps wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon can you confirm whether 5* or 7* HRSo and Hoth Han are needed for Rolo shards or is that a visual bug and it's 5* like it was in the preview videos? Thanks!

+1 given many dumped money into getting hoth soldier and chs to 5*
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    That was always the case.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    If ROLO is in phase 3 it should be 4* toons.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    If ROLO is in phase 3 it should be 4* toons.

It's a Special Mission. Special implies it doesn't follow normal rules.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • There's no feedback for TB section in forum yet but why is it 24hrs between phases? That's awfully slow isn't?
  • Its a training wheel feature. They will adjust it back down to 12 hour once the player base understands the game mechanincs.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • It was originally 12 hours and people freaked out.
  • 12 hours won't seem like much in Phase 5 and 6 when we have a bunch of coordinating to do
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Because lots of people wanted it this way... But in the future TB each phase will only last for 12 hours
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    I know everyone is deep into Territory battles right now, but I am wondering if the new Galactic Power stat may be used as a gauge for being ready to tackle the HAAT raid. So my question is what is the total GP of your guild if it has completed a HAAT raid?

My guild currently sits around 45 million. Our last attempt was over a month ago and we only got a little past halfway through P2. It wasn't the most organized attempt since several people were making P1 runs while we had our Zylo's running. We can finish the regular tank in around 24 hours, but it has usually required starting before the refresh time, so we aren't not doing it with a single roster of toons. I would prefer not to waste the raid tickets if we are still a ways off, but we really want to start working on GK shards.
  • Also jobs tend to frown on things like playing your mobile game at work because u only have 12 hours to play
  • You should go through everyone's roster and tally up how many of each meta team you have. (Zody, Resistance, Rebels, etc.) Gear ten is the minimum you should accept in a working team. There are many factors hidden behind the power rating.
  • You cannot gauge in my opinion based on GP. There have been reports of Haat solo by a single player rooster. I doubt their GP exceed 3 million. So having 45-70 means nothing if you don't have right teams.
  • I doubt it. Reason being you can have a ton of GP into squads that aren't really that effective in HAAT. You need squads that can jump the humps of P2 and P3, with enough firepower left for P4. But at the end of the day it wouldn't be that hard to find a roster with just under 1 million gp (the average for your guild) that was clearly not haat ready.
  • Deploy all your units!

No units available for anything else!

Awesome.
    --Nud Stark--
  • I finished 11 of the 12 combat wave missions for phase 1 this morning. However, after I finished one of the combat missions an error popped up saying I needed to restart the game. After I went back in to the TB, it said I had completed both combat missions. But when I looked at the stats for contribution to Combat waves completed, it said I had only completed 6. Could this bug be fixed? Thanks.