VonSchwarz, A TI visionary with a fun vision!

Prev1
Maraxus
821 posts Member
edited August 2017
Its not everyday that someone in the game becomes unique.

Well as of today, @vonSchwarz was the first (and probably still the only one) to have a full G12 arena team, and a pretty good one that is.

ror4jcyq5zf3.jpg

His secret? a vision he has for a long time to hoard energy.

Some will say its stupid he missed a lot of refreshes, some will say its meaningless he is just a few weeks ahead...

The fact remain that its a pretty unique and funny event and for someone like him that had this long term goal, im really happy he finally sees it to completion...

Congrats to our TI guildmate! Congrats vonSchwarz!
Post edited by Maraxus on

Replies

• Dread
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Arena rank 2 lmfao

Edit: (internet jokingly sarcastic statement)
    Post edited by Dread on
  • Options
    Not in his shard, couldn’t care less.
  • Options
    Dread wrote: »
    Arena rank 2 lmfao

when you share a shard with you TI guild mates, at some point u share rank 1 ;)... you probably wouldn't know though right ;)
  • Options
    Looks cool. It seems like this is part of just spending money. Nothing wrong with that. I guess I just see it as an expensive vision. Not knocking it.
  • Options
    you cant save then more 2k regular energy so how he got all 5 to gear XII?
  • Options
    Dread wrote: »
    Arena rank 2 lmfao

Arena rank doent matter. Player only remember the World First.

Congrats Vonschwarz!
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    How do you save 2k energy? I can only have 144...
  • Options
    Nice dedication @vonSchwarz ! Proud to be your mate regardless but dang that was impressive
  • Options
    Well done! Normal energy caps at 2k only?
  • Options
    congrats @vonSchwarz , you sir are a living legend amongst us mere mortals
  • Options
    Congratulation, my friend!
  • Options
    Flamethrow wrote: »
    Well done! Normal energy caps at 2k only?

There is no hard cap. Just need more patience than any other person on the planet.
  • Options
    Very impressive my friend!
  • Options
    Gratz von Schwarz! Talk about dedication..
  • Options
    Amazing - grats von Schwarz!

ìN Ya son F'yehald
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Von, From WF LVL 85, to WF Arena G12 Team. Have fun in GW everybody!!
  • Options
    Discipline at it's finest! BTW- this was done with bonus energy only not crystal refreshes
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Olga wrote: »

Buying energy refreshes but not using the energy
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Not possible to do this by buying refreshes... u get blocked by a cap
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats vonSchwarz! Definitely an achievement!

I’m on a different shard, but I found that TI team to be a breeze when I faced it at g11. Can always count on 5-0 against that squad. Great on offense, but it falls apart fast on defense. Hopefully g12 changes that. Good luck with that!
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Maraxus wrote: »

What's the maximum number of energy you can stock?
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Congrats again. Its hilarious to see you being talked about everywhere for cheating or whaling out on gear. People are just clueless.
  • Options

That cap is 2000 I believe, correct? So here's some math, as best I can figure out, using that cap.

His team needs 7 pieces of new gear to get from g11 to g12: Ahsoka needs 1 piece, R2 1 piece, Leia 2 pieces, Old Ben 1 piece, Commander Luke 2 pieces.

Buying the hoth pack gives him 2 of those pieces. Therefore, he still needs 5. Each of those requires 50 salvage, so 250 salvage total. Assuming a 100% drop rate, on the 10 energy nodes where you get these, he could get to 250 salvage with only 2500 energy. But that's not reasonable. Assuming a (likely still high) 30% drop rate, he would need 8,334 energy, so we will round that down to the nearest 10, and say 8,330 (math: [250*10]/0.3). Assuming he caps at 2,000 energy from refreshes, the rest is from bonus energy. You get 135 bonus LS/DS energy a day. To accumulate 6,330 energy from bonus energy, you would have to save all your bonus energy, and not spend a single piece of LS/DS energy, for 46.67 days. That's after capping at the 2000, mind you. So that would be 46 days of not completing your daily activities, not getting the prize boxes, etc....

Assuming the refresh cap is 4,000, he'd still need to have saved for 32 days.

The announcement of farmable gear didn't come until the notes on August 28th, yet, by my calculations, he would have had to start saving his energy in mid-July. So either he had insider information, made an unreasonable gamble that happened to pay off, or something else is going on.

Please correct my math or the underlying assumptions (i.e., the energy cap) if it's wrong.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options

Oh so it's one of those threads /rolleyes.
  • Options

That cap is 2000 I believe, correct? So here's some math, as best I can figure out, using that cap.

His team needs 7 pieces of new gear to get from g11 to g12: Ahsoka needs 1 piece, R2 1 piece, Leia 2 pieces, Old Ben 1 piece, Commander Luke 2 pieces.

Buying the hoth pack gives him 2 of those pieces. Therefore, he still needs 5. Each of those requires 50 salvage, so 250 salvage total. Assuming a 100% drop rate, on the 10 energy nodes where you get these, he could get to 250 salvage with only 2500 energy. But that's not reasonable. Assuming a (likely still high) 30% drop rate, he would need 8,334 energy, so we will round that down to the nearest 10, and say 8,330 (math: [250*10]/0.3). Assuming he caps at 2,000 energy from refreshes, the rest is from bonus energy. You get 135 bonus LS/DS energy a day. To accumulate 6,330 energy from bonus energy, you would have to save all your bonus energy, and not spend a single piece of LS/DS energy, for 46.67 days. That's after capping at the 2000, mind you. So that would be 46 days of not completing your daily activities, not getting the prize boxes, etc....

Assuming the refresh cap is 4,000, he'd still need to have saved for 32 days.

The announcement of farmable gear didn't come until the notes on August 28th, yet, by my calculations, he would have had to start saving his energy in mid-July. So either he had insider information, made an unreasonable gamble that happened to pay off, or something else is going on.

Please correct my math or the underlying assumptions (i.e., the energy cap) if it's wrong.

He can still do his daily (just do the bare minimum per day and use some energy)
  • Options
    He can still do his dailies (just do the bare minimum per day and use some energy)

Assuming he does 5 hard nodes at 12 energy, and one normal node at 6 energy, that's 66 energy a day, meaning his net energy gain is 69 energy from the bonus energy. To accumulate 6,330 bonus energy at a rate of 69 per day, he would have been hoarding energy for approximately 3 months.
  • Options
    He s been at it for a while aparently :)) also i dont think 30% drop rate is accurate. Probably 15 max
  • Options
    He s been at it for a while aparently :)) also i dont think 30% drop rate is accurate. Probably 15 max

I'd like to hear how long he was at it. And I agree that the drop rate is probably lower than 30%, but then the numbers just get (more) ridiculous.