The Last Jedi

StitchagoFTW
150 posts Member
edited September 2017
There are a few characters I don't mind if you kill in TLJ but don't you dare lay a finger on:

R2
BB-8
Chewie
Phasma
C-3PO
Finn

I don't care if these get killed:

Luke (at least they won't have to make any more Lukes)
Leia (she's gonna die after Carrie Fishers death)

What do you guys think?
Post edited by StitchagoFTW on

Replies

• I hope they kill Chewie, there's no point to him anymore, he's a sidekick without a main attraction.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They aren't killing leia, according to john boyega.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    There are a few characters I don't mind if you kill in TLJ but don't you dare lag a finger on:

R2
    BB-8
    Chewie
    Phasma
    C-3PO
    Finn

I don't care if these get killed:

Luke (at least they won't have to make any more Lukes)
    Leia (she's gonna die after Carrie Fishers death)

What do you guys think?

They killed of Han. Carrie Fisher passed away, so Leia will also be killed somehow.

I don't think they should kill Luke, because if they do, it is too close a resemblance to the death of Old Ben or Qui Gon. Also that would mean that the ST would kill off the three main heroes of the original trilogy - and that might be a bit much. Fans may not like that.

If Luke is to die, I hope he does so in the last moments of Episode 9 - that may be the only acceptable way it could be done.

The one's to live, I believe are:

R2, 3P0, Chewie, Finn, Poe and Rey - everyone else is cannon fodder.

Perhaps Kylo may live too and become redeemed at the conclusion of the ST, but unlike Vader he lives.
  • I hope BB-8
  • I hope they kill Chewie, there's no point to him anymore, he's a sidekick without a main attraction.

I hate you

I hate you

So much Annie
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I hope they kill Chewie, there's no point to him anymore, he's a sidekick without a main attraction.

He seems like he's taken a liking to Rey going forward.
  • As long as R2D2 an
    I hope they kill Chewie, there's no point to him anymore, he's a sidekick without a main attraction.

The scene where Finn bandaged Chewbacca after he was shot on the Falcon implies (in my opinion) that Chewbacca would make an interesting sidekick for Finn. The dynamic would be interesting and cause tension as it seems that Finn is afraid of Chewbacca and Chewbacca resents him for it.
    In addition, people have grown up with many of the characters in the sequel trilogy (Leia, Luke, R2D2, Ackbar, C3PO, Chewbacca), so I hope that they do not kill too many of them. :'(

I hate you

You were my brother Anakin, I loved you!

I hate you

8YuhsWu.jpg
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I've heard in a recent interview that Rian Johnson has confirmed that the title of E8 - The Last Jedi was taken directly from the opening scroll of The Force Awakens:

"...Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi..."

So, Luke is the official last jedi - not he and Rey, being Jedi as plural, but singular in reference to Luke alone.

This will mean that Rey is not being trained as a Jedi but rather something else - especially as Luke has said in the trailer that "It is time for the Jedi to end."

I guess that also means that no matter what, Rey will not get a Jedi tag, when her next version toon gets its release in this game.