Omega event

Hskull55
2263 posts Member
edited August 2017
What do you think this events are? I suppose they are events that give omega mats (obviously)... Maybe it's something similar to the credit Heist but with omegas?

Note: omega event=/=omega battles (Different name and they are not on weekends)
My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
Sorry for my English :]

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
  • Are you new? We have had omega battles for forever
  • Its the omega events that hapoen every other weekend... What are you talking about?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I hope they bring zetas as well xD
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Are you new? We have had omega battles for forever

No, I started on January 2016
    I thought this could be a new event because it has a different name, there are only 3 and they are not on weekends
  • I pointed it out in the megathread because I thought it was a typo for the same reasons you pointed out--not a weekend, doesn't say which battle it is.

They responded that it was what was entered in their spreadsheet, but they weren't certain. Guess we'll fibd out in two weeks!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I pointed it out in the megathread because I thought it was a typo for the same reasons you pointed out--not a weekend, doesn't say which battle it is.

They responded that it was what was entered in their spreadsheet, but they weren't certain. Guess we'll fibd out in two weeks!

I never look at the megathread, it's really confusing with all those posts merged
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I pointed it out in the megathread because I thought it was a typo for the same reasons you pointed out--not a weekend, doesn't say which battle it is.

I'm guessing we'll find out that this whole rushed release of TB (just so they could claim August) is a hot mess. First, it was day late. Second, you had game crashes and sever maintenance starting an hour after TB went live. Then, there are the issues/bugs(?)/changes surrounding LS ships, 5* vs. 7* requirements for special missions. Third, there are major bugs with guild chat, missing CHS shards, and gear crafting that doesn't work.

This is part of the reason I wish people wouldn't push so hard for timelines. I'd rather have a game that actually works then a release rushed out several days before it was ready.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

I'm guessing we'll find out that this whole rushed release of TB (just so they could claim August) is a hot mess. First, it was day late. Second, you had game crashes and sever maintenance starting an hour after TB went live. Then, there are the issues/bugs(?)/changes surrounding LS ships, 5* vs. 7* requirements for special missions. Third, there are major bugs with guild chat, missing CHS shards, and gear crafting that doesn't work.

This is part of the reason I wish people wouldn't push so hard for timelines. I'd rather have a game that actually works then a release rushed out several days before it was ready.

I was exactly the wrong age to get into pokemon. Had I been born a year later than I was, I'd probably be a big pokemon fan and have the poster with all 150 or so of them. I might even have gotten into digimon, yu-gi-oh, or zatch bell. There's a lot of fighting mons shows out there.

Now, I know what you're thinking--Why am I saying any of this? It's totally unrelated to anything in this thread.

I know you're thinking it because that's exactly what went through my head reading your post.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Event list for Sept is not that great tbh, but hey, they dropped TB. Not complaining, it may sound though
  • I assumed it's the same omega events we've been getting forever, but you make some compelling points. All I would comment is that it would be unusual for them to have an event that gives multiple omegas when they have limited time packs in the store with omegas. So I guess, we'll see.
  • usho1 wrote: »
    Event list for Sept is not that great tbh, but hey, they dropped TB. Not complaining, it may sound though
    Territory Battles are weekly events, or at least were intended as such. So that's four more events in September!
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    usho1 wrote: »
    Territory Battles are weekly events, or at least were intended as such. So that's four more events in September!

Ooh I see, couldnt find info in announcements section
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    The original plan was for TB to run Friday/Sunday.

Is it possible that omega were shifted to weekdays for this reason, to clear the weekends for TB?

Seems like normal omega battles to me.
  • @NicWester I just spilled my drink reading that lol, thanks
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    The original plan was for TB to run Friday/Sunday.

Is it possible that omega were shifted to weekdays for this reason, to clear the weekends for TB?

Seems like normal omega battles to me.

Could be. I was going to offer a rebuttal, but they changed the event calendar. It used to have two normal Omega Battles on a weekend and an "Omega Event" on Thursday, the 14th. But they've changed it to three "Omega Events" on the 14th, 20th, and 25th.

So I guess we'll all find out together. The only reason I think it might still be something different is that normally when it's an Omega Battle it'll specify which one--"Omega Battle: Dathomir," "Omega Battle: Jakku," etc. But what you're saying makes sense as a possibility.