Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

191011121315Next

Replies

• gatormatt wrote: »
    Well if they're going to revert it has to be done today.

There is still time CG to do the right thing. The suits, (the executive producers), involved in making these last minute "business decisions" are eroding our trust in the direction of this game. Many have lost that trust a long time ago, hard to blame them.

Take some responsibility here. It's your game.

Hear that? It's the suits.

Exactly, not a sound. They're no changing anything. Look at Niko's post about this. That's what they're doing.

• First, I will say that since I already had a 6* Hoth Soldier and 7* Scout so I wasn't interested in the pack for the character shards. I was interested in it for the gear and omegas.

Others in my guild bought the pack and specifically gave the reason that they needed the shards .

I didn't buy the CHS pack nor do I intend to so I can't comment there.

That being said, I work in the mobile auto body business. (I will connect this in a moment).

We have had paint technicians repaint a bumper or door panel and have reactions or things they can't control which effectively messes up the car.

When that happens, there are two options:
    1. Give the customer a refund and they can take it somewhere else
    2. Try to repaint it again and make it right

We have had customers want a refund and want us to pay to send it to a body shop since we "messed it up".

That's not how it works. We make it right OR we give you a refund.

It seems like one of these two things needs to happen. Lower the requirement to 5* OR refund people who purchased the packs.

I imagine the latter would be harder to do since people bought the packs for different reasons. If that is the case, the most logical thing would be to lower the requirements.

When there is a miscommunication involved and there is money at stake, it behooves the responsible party to make it right, regardless of how this miscommunication occurred.

Even if the requirements are only lowered temporarily or order to give people time to farm up shards HSoldier and CHS that would still be a better solution than what is currently being offered, which is nothing at all.
  • First, I will say that since I already had a 6* Hoth Soldier and 7* Scout so I wasn't interested in the pack for the character shards. I was interested in it for the gear and omegas.

Others in my guild bought the pack and specifically gave the reason that they needed the shards .

I didn't buy the CHS pack nor do I intend to so I can't comment there.

That being said, I work in the mobile auto body business. (I will connect this in a moment).

We have had paint technicians repaint a bumper or door panel and have reactions or things they can't control which effectively messes up the car.

When that happens, there are two options:
    1. Give the customer a refund and they can take it somewhere else
    2. Try to repaint it again and make it right

We have had customers want a refund and want us to pay to send it to a body shop since we "messed it up".

That's not how it works. We make it right OR we give you a refund.

It seems like one of these two things needs to happen. Lower the requirement to 5* OR refund people who purchased the packs.

I imagine the latter would be harder to do since people bought the packs for different reasons. If that is the case, the most logical thing would be to lower the requirements.

When there is a miscommunication involved and there is money at stake, it behooves the responsible party to make it right, regardless of how this miscommunication occurred.

Even if the requirements are only lowered temporarily or order to give people time to farm up shards HSoldier and CHS that would still be a better solution than what is currently being offered, which is nothing at all.

• Thank you to the fans for speaking up and not just accepting a terrible situation, and thank you to the Devs for listening and doing what I think was the only truly right thing.

Kudos!
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1706 posts Member
    edited September 2017
  • Here's my issue. And ea probably won't care. They say i need 7 star han I paid 300 bucks in crystals and bought packs to 7 star captain solo. Now I want my refund of 300 bucks
  • Maybe I'm just getting cynical with this company but I'm thinking the only reason they reverted the change back is likely due to the massive number of refund requests that the google/apple app stores likely processed in the last couple of days after the bait/switch happened. Both app stores have a long standing policy to accept those refunds and my guess is that when the backlash hit CG in the wallet they decided to capitulate.
  • Closing as there is now a new update that addresses this issue. Details and discussion of the latest update can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/130464/hoth-rebel-soldier-territory-battle-requirements-update-9-1-17#latest
This discussion has been closed.