Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    CamaroAMF wrote: »
    Same for Captain Han Solo, I assume?

@CG_Carrie

Yeah, Captain Han Solo is 7* required :)

Glad I stopped at $10 and didn't blow through a billion crystals. I never would've spent the $10 if I knew there would be a bait and switch though.

Fool me once shame on you. Lesson learned - don't spend money unless I come into a spare $1000 to buy a 7*.
  • Its very unfortunate this was handled so poorly. I had always stuck up for the devs making mistakes right in this game.
  • wow great in the long plan now forgotten to talk about han also need 7 stars...
    nice to tell this after all the people buyed the packs...
    at morning in pack opening videos people show there was 5 star inside the game, after crash it raised magicaly to 7 stars.

i know you from other games and was happy to read you now here in swgoh but sorry to say...that was a bad start and lost a lot reputation.
    many ppl got kicked in the face...

but hey, nice to get 30 shards free wen you raise the amount ppl need now 185 shards per char more then all weeks was shown...and in some videos also a dev confirmed the 5 stars.

im very sad.
    stupid...can't delete messageboard account.
  • Tigzie wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon if Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISCUSTING.

We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon of Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISGUSTING.
  • Pls make him really farmable. Mine have 25 shards left to 5*. It takes ages, and I think that most players are having trouble with this guy.
    Ps: I'm farming him for a long time, if at least the RGN have helped it would be a little better...
    Mále wrote: »
    You announce this AFTER Territory Battles have launched and we can no longer switch people in our guilds?

We realize this isn't ideal, and as noted, we will be even more expressive that pre-release feature footage is not final.

Thats not even close to an adequate response. You knew what you were doing. You blatantly manupilated thousands of people knowing full well this outcome would happen. Anyone got the good grace at yours company to admit that.
  • This is very lame to try to put blame on bloggers now. the change was made after TB start. And there is no way you could not be aware of peoples expectations, so now people have full right to see this move as intentional scam from you. A lot of of money were spent on fast-gearing 5* heroes and not it appeared total waste, because till you get heroes from 5* to 7* you will be able to farm all required gear for free. Several people rage-quit game after this change. Many other will hardly be inclined to spent any more real money in the next several months.
    Congratulation, you screwed your players in the best way possible to lose trust in you for long.

The fun part of this is that unlikely this change has any other "balance change" reason other than encourage people to waste more money to get chars from 5* to 7*. Nobody ever said it would be possible to complete ROLO mission with less then 7* heroes even if you could start it with 5*. So just buffing difficulty to require full 7* g11-g12 in order to complete the last phase of the mission could have the same "balancing" result but much much less frustration. But you chose different path. Good luck with that)
  • This is gross, the community was mislead, and you only come clean AFTER many have spent money. This was obviously pushed out before the fiscal year, it's been buggy, and even the developers seem confused about requirements. This is a horrible look
  • Talk about a pathetic attempt at bait and switch. But hey here's 5 crystals and a greedo shard for CG shoving up your backside whilst they laugh to the bank
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    My enthusiastic support is now gone and has turned into whatever the opposite of that is.

You advertised a couple of those videos as "gameplay footage".
    You did not advertise those as "sneak peeks"

Hey Warmonkey,

Future footage will be even more clear. Us having missed your expectation is noted.
    Could we possibly suspend the Forum Terms of Service for 24 hours to allow everyone a chance to vent their honest feelings about this?

Heya Male,

I concur, I'm here to answer what ever I can, however, we are here to still promote the game. Anything that would be detrimental to the game as a whole can't abide.

That said, let me know how this makes you feel. I'm listening.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Because that may not have been clear, we decided to include 30 Hoth Rebel Soldier Shards in the game wide 'Territory Battles Thank You' inbox gift provided on 8/31.
    So you're saying we get free stuff?

I like.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @CG_Kozispoon Since so many think that photo shopped meme was real you may as well own that baby now. I mean come on it was the most perfect response of all time.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Are we going to have to write you guys another letter? This time a little less friendly?
  • 789HardCase
    419 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon if Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISCUSTING.

We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.

Are you even listening to what you are typing now? If the terms of the forums have not changed, I'm pretty sure I would have adding a number of expletives by now. This isn't even close to a reply. You just practically blocked 99% of your base and looked after your whales. Guess you gotta feed the han (pun intended) that feeds you right? Guess what, wait till your 99% base goes and you can just communicate with the 1% of the base you care so much about
    You announce this AFTER Territory Battles have launched and we can no longer switch people in our guilds?

We realize this isn't ideal, and as noted, we will be even more expressive that pre-release feature footage is not final.

No you don't. Just need NOT to show "gameplay footage" that people make decisions from and answer one of the many many times the question was asked of the requirement.

You sent out adds to people to view "gameplay footage with a Cg dev". That IS NOT a pre release state.
  • Terrible decision, even worse response. Shameful!
  • They knew better, but this was pushed out in order to hit the fiscal year. Now that they have your money, they are sorry, whatever. They could have been honest in the almost two months it's been since TB's announcement, they chose not to.
  • Hamio wrote: »

Thats not even close to an adequate response. You knew what you were doing. You blatantly manupilated thousands of people knowing full well this outcome would happen. Anyone got the good grace at yours company to admit that.

Very similar to what happened with the addition of mods. Bait and switch, except this one didn't take as long.
    BlasterBabe aka Purple Dana aka The Countess aka DD
  • Bigchef
    43 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs next time you decide to release something like this can you please tell us the correct requirements before baiting everyone with a pack that is now worthless. Information like this needs to be released prior to speed packs coming out so that people like me don't feel absolutely conned. You released the stats the other week about playerbase with hrsoldier at 7* it was like 2%. On a single hard node why would you release a han pack that lasts for 15 days if we weren't to assume it was needed immediately. It made sense you releasing a pack for a 5star requirement because we had 3 days before phase 3 launched to get our Han up to scratch. Needing soldier at 7 completely voids the need for those packs for 98% of the playerbase yet I bet due to your terrible marketing scheme more than 2% purchased them and are now very frustrated. Actually I would love to know your turnover from this disgusting mess because when I bought the Han pack on release it took me 3 attempts due to server overload.
    On a more selfish note. This is the second time you guys have screwed me this week. Firstly a zeta goes missing and you refuse to replace it. Now I invest money in something fun and exciting like Territory battles only to find out my money is wasted.
  • Thank you for the update. Our guild has had a hard time figuring out the expectations. We really appreciate the rewards being even. We love working as a team.
  • MeshmeZ
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    warmonkey wrote: »
    My enthusiastic support is now gone and has turned into whatever the opposite of that is.

You advertised a couple of those videos as "gameplay footage".
    You did not advertise those as "sneak peeks"

Hey Warmonkey,

Future footage will be even more clear. Us having missed your expectation is noted.
    Could we possibly suspend the Forum Terms of Service for 24 hours to allow everyone a chance to vent their honest feelings about this?

Heya Male,

I concur, I'm here to answer what ever I can, however, we are here to still promote the game. Anything that would be detrimental to the game as a whole can't abide.

That said, let me know how this makes you feel. I'm listening.

This makes me feel scammed and cheated. I find it hard to believe it wasn't well known that the general message to us normal players was that 5* was needed. development build or not. I get that you arent going to confirm or deny all theories out there, but i feel a correction should have been made for information in videos approved by CG.

you say "Anything that would be detrimental to the game as a whole can't abide" yet i cant see any way that this whole thing is not detrimental to the game.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »
    so if i dont have them 7* yet i cant do the mission or just their slots will be empty?

so are we sol on p3 special mission if we dont have cpt han and officer leia or not?

The release literally said 5* HR soldier and Captain Han. Any expectation was set by CG before the "visual bug" and after you released packs. I didn't buy any of them because I always wait and see with you, and I am not surprised. But it appears, from an unbiased (didn't buy) view that CG pulled a fast one and got caught.

We know you're making a game to make money, we get it (as if we could ever forget with the gear crunch, credit crunch, power creep, paywall op toons), but stuff like this makes the players feel like your meal ticket.
  • we should stop talking here...its just a buffer for our anger and some other people have fun reading it.
    lets do some meme's, videos and spread the word at other places were negativ feedback will not be deleted.
    my trust in this company is totaly lost and i feel with all people who spend at morning so much money, now reading it was just to get fooled.

anyway, my respect to any spender here in the past.
    and my full respect to anyone not willed to do, as me, in the future.

stupid...can't delete messageboard account.
  • Glad I didn't spend money yet I would be furious. I understand stand trying to get people to spend money on worthless toons. But how many people would have rather bought crystals and farmed them over this 60$ pack and some paid 80$ what was that about. I have pics from some of the members in the guild. So I have spent a few 100$ in the game but packs I won't be buying anymore just crystals. I feel like I you guys took a play out of the dirty used car salesman book.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    CG_Kozispoon That was the best response ever! You are now the only person I like at CG.

Side Note: Don't let any info out at all about updates. Then people won't get mad if something changes.
  • Thanks for the gift and appreciate the clarification. Love the new modes and look forward to the later phases
  • This is absolutely absurd. I'm one of the guild leaders of a large community and this "clarification" goes directly against what one of the developers said in a game changer interview with mobile gamer. Why would anyone trust what is released "early" or frankly even on time anymore. The community is justified in being angry after the misleading and extensive work done to hype up territory battles and then selling a pack based on that information and expectation only to clarify what toons are actually needed after release.

Give me a break. I've spent plenty on this game and am so tired of being suckered like this. The team works hard at producing good content but this is just a disgrace. FTP it is for me now. I can't support these actions in good faith.
This discussion has been closed.