Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• Bigchef wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs next time you decide to release something like this can you please tell us the correct requirements before baiting everyone with a pack that is now worthless. Information like this needs to be released prior to speed packs coming out so that people like me don't feel absolutely conned. You released the stats the other week about playerbase with hrsoldier at 7* it was like 2%. On a single hard node why would you release a han pack that lasts for 15 days if we weren't to assume it was needed immediately. It made sense you releasing a pack for a 5star requirement because we had 3 days before phase 3 launched to get our Han up to scratch. Needing soldier at 7 completely voids the need for those packs for 98% of the playerbase yet I bet due to your terrible marketing scheme more than 2% purchased them and are now very frustrated. Actually I would love to know your turnover from this disgusting mess because when I bought the Han pack on release it took me 3 attempts due to server overload.
    On a more selfish note. This is the second time you guys have screwed me this week. Firstly a zeta goes missing and you refuse to replace it. Now I invest money in something fun and exciting like Territory battles only to find out my money is wasted.

Preach on brother.
  • I was upset, but I feel this more than makes up for it. I wouldn't have bought the Han pack, but the HRS shards plus the crystals are certainly worth $10, so I feel I came out ahead in the end. Thanks for the compensation devs.
  • I was upset, but I feel this more than makes up for it. I wouldn't have bought the Han pack, but the HRS shards plus the crystals are certainly worth $10, so I feel I came out ahead in the end. Thanks for the compensation devs.

ya, but people who didnt buy the pack also got that stuff...
  • Robhar3187
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I was upset, but I feel this more than makes up for it. I wouldn't have bought the Han pack, but the HRS shards plus the crystals are certainly worth $10, so I feel I came out ahead in the end. Thanks for the compensation devs.

The crystals aren't even good enough for the down time and disappearing mods, let alone this scam
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    I believe I speak on behalf of all the F2P/casual players when I say that the latest content has been tuned almost exclusively to cater for whales.

- The late requirements announcements for Thrawn and CLS made lots of people buy packs to otherwise avoid being left behind. Those who could not afford it were deprived of powerful, impactful content for both PvE and PvP.

- The fact that CLS, UNLIKE ANY OTHER CHARACTER, only unlocks at 7* was a true slap in the face. Once again, you could have let people unlock him at 5*, but you chose to he greedy and forced players to panic-purchase shard packs. That was a rather low move.

- The star requirement for G12 is another weird, annoying constraint that should simply not exist. The goal is obviously to prevent F2P to compete with P2P users by using characters under 7* (Baze, Nihilus, Thrawn...). It DOES NOT MAKE Sense from a gameplay standpoint and doesn't bring anything to the table besides a(nother) random advantage for whales.
    Introducing the marquee events was a great way to offer content to everyone, but it looks like it wasn't bringing enough cash in, so I guess it got scrapped away for a more profitable, money-oriented game model. This is a shame.

- Territory Battles are OBVIOUSLY a whale game mode. Requiring 7* Hoth Rebel Soldier and Captain Han Solo is just icing on the middle finger raised towards the playerbase as a whole. Let me remind you that Hoth Rebel Soldier is available in 1 hard node only.
    It's 1.66 shard a day on average. It takes 330 shards to bring him to 7*. This is madness.

- The removal of the Crystal Booster Pack is a very disappointing, yet surprising move from you. Without any info on why it was removed and if it will be replaced, that's a huge crystal loss for low spenders and casuals.

Don't get me wrong: I'm happy to have new content.
    But Territory Battles are not the proper way to introduce said content because:

- It's very limited (LS only, Rebels only)
    - It has very little actual gameplay, and the gameplay isn't anything new or exciting.
    - The time schedule simply sucks. Phases should be much longer to accommodate for everyone.
    - The rewards DO NOT HELP US ALLEVIATE THE GEAR CRUNCH.

You keep adding layers of complexity to the game, without realizing that some core mechanics are broken and need fixing.

We still have no way to easily access some purple gear pieces such as Stun Guns or Stun Cuffs. Some pieces of gear we have 100s of, some we need 100s of.

WHY IS IT STILL HARD TO UPGRADE A CHARACTER PAST G8 WHEN WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FARMING G12?

Arena is a huge mess that keeps being frustrating and annoying due to specific time constraints.

GW is broken and boring. It's either too hard or too easy.

Raids are either impossible to compete for smaller guilds, or too easy for bigger guilds. People are fighting each other to get decent rewards, which is not what a guild should be.

Yes, territory battles are a good idea on paper.
    But it was executed poorly, with a profit-oriented mentality and without enough consideration as to what the playerbase wants.

So here's the only piece of advice I can give you:
    FIX YOUR GAME.

Listen to what players think. Play the game yourself. Create feedback programmes and gather information on what players want and need.

Stop avoiding recurring issues by creating more stuff that will bring more issues in.
    Take what we already have and MAKE IT AS AWESOME AS IT SHOULD BE.
    We deserve so, and you will be rewarded for it.

You have a game with infinite possibilities. One of the best, deepest and most amazing universe ever created.
    So don't half-**** things and move on like it was successful.
    Craft every experience with care. Make every moment unforgettable.

Stop wasting resources on trying to make complex things. Make the game shine in its simplicity. Give us fun and satisfying stuff to do.
    The AT-ST event was heckin' amazing, so get more stuff like this done! Hire more CapGasps to tell amazing stories through epic events! There's so much content out there, waiting to unveil, and you pick some short moments and build a gigantic thing around them. You don't need to do that!

Be creative. You have all the keys in your hands, just use them.
  • When has there ever been too much information too soon here? It's always too little too late. Unless u have $ to spend.
  • Yeah.... this is some Donkey Kong sized excrement.
  • Can we discuss why this change was made? I bought a pack last night for the Hoth duo thinking that my purchase would get me closer to ROLO. Come to find out that the ROLO mission requires both of them at 7* instead of 5*.
  • So wait you guys knew who got the sneak peaks. You controlled the messaging. But you're going to blame them for misleading people? You guys knew what was in the videos. You saw the forum conversations about what people expected and you STILL let people go right on thinking a 5* HRS was all that was required after those packs dropped but before people found the truth. I didn't spend on this so it doesn't affect me, but I find this entire thing shady and you guys trying to pass blame to the bloggers that YOU let see the previews completely unacceptable.
  • I love how they only mention the change to Hoth Rebel Solider and not Han when people spent so much on Han. When games start to lie and mislead it is time to quit.
  • Well, this just made me GO ftp from here on out. It will take a lot to get me to drop a dime on this game again.
  • Very poor reasoning, people are spending on your game deserve better treatment imo.

30 free shards is a step in the right direction but the difference between 5 and 7 star is huge when the toon is only available on a hard node.

A fair gesture would be make him farmable in another location, otherwise it continue looks like a cheap money grab so you can sell more packs.

If it's an innocent mistake then correct it fairly, otherwise it will look like bait and switch you openly and elegantly said it isn't.

Your actions EA will resolve the conflict.
  • Ah man and I just starting spending money on this game and this happens lol
  • Just wow. I understand a game that is based on a particular crunch to encourage spenders to spend - more money will always lead to more benefit. That's cool with me - have a $1000 pack for all I care, it won't hurt me.

But bait and switch, and hide/don't respond to posts all day for clarification while we all eat up the packs and crystals to prepare for P3.... that's just disgusting.
  • Well well well, can't say I'm surprised at any of this. Too long have I played this game and yet I still got suckered.

I bought the 10 buck pack last night. Was excited to at least get my guild earning a few Rolo shards right away, but what the heck?

This is disgraceful. It's an obvious bait and switch. There was a podcast with a Dev that explicitly stated 5* for Hoth soldier because they wanted to make it accessible. That's not a "dev client" issue. That's a Dev straight up lying to the public!

Save your reputation while you still can. Fix this requirement and put it back where it was. Stop these deceptive business practices.

• Your silence is deafening.
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Edison wrote: »
    Just wow. I understand a game that is based on a particular crunch to encourage spenders to spend - more money will always lead to more benefit. That's cool with me - have a $1000 pack for all I care, it won't hurt me.

But bait and switch, and hide/don't respond to posts all day for clarification while we all eat up the packs and crystals to prepare for P3.... that's just disgusting.

A LOT of people are going to be frustrated about this one. Not too cool on CG's part.

While I completely disagree with the way they did it, it should have been like this from the beginning. CG has been mind-numbingly slow with releasing new content. End-game content like this should be difficult and take a while to complete for even most high end guilds. If it takes 3ish months for the top 5% guilds to get 45*s, I think it's a good move. Again though, it was a bait and switch that was totally not cool.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Hate to disagree, but CHS has been dropping almost 50% for me. Like 14 of 30. As far as " We're surprised you didn't know 7* was required' ? Closed my eyes and saw it coming. This game isn't about fans, Star Wars or anything other than money.
    o7nd5kan9ezg.jpg
    Lørd' Ąngęłùs
    "Well begun is half done."
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    This is a ridiculous response. Even if it had been marked as developer build pre-release footage, you let us all believe that only 5* was needed. You KNEW the entire community thought those were the requirements, and you still went through with your bait and switch. Absolutely despicable.

I have changed my app rating to 1*, where it will stay this time, and I am officially F2P, if I decide I can continue to put up with this stuff some more.
  • Your dealing with EA, they don't care about their reputation as long as they keep having whales fill their pockets. That's why they continue to put out underdeveloped games with half hearted promises that don't live up to the hype then expect you to spend money to get what was promised to have at the beginning.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The debacle over CHS/HRsolider BOTH needing to be 7* is why several dev/forum positions were shifted around? Backroom politics? Blameshifting?

Honestly theres not much we can do about it beside voice our opinions. But as a player since game launch, I've yet to get a single shard of General Kenobi...
    A full year after HAAT has been out.

So my guild has been well organized in getting our stuff together up till now...

How do i break it to them?

What am i supposed to tell everyone who has been preping for the glimmer of hope that was so close?

So heres a couple things i guess you can tell your guildies... maybe they can help some of the other players that are as upset as i am.

1.)Be honest... okay EA/CG at least you admitted to market manipulation after the fact... better than bald face lying about it.
    Tell your guildies you should have instinctively known a kick in the gourds was coming when devs started getting positions shuffled around.

2.) On the bright side of things CHS/HRsolider are farmable... so getting them is only a matter of time...
    Definitely faster than getting GK is.

3.) EA/CG offical says that the 5* requirement from vids/youtube was "pre-release propaganda" beta-test" or some other fancy legal word that dissolves them of wrong-doing.

• Silky wrote: »
    Edison wrote: »
    Just wow. I understand a game that is based on a particular crunch to encourage spenders to spend - more money will always lead to more benefit. That's cool with me - have a $1000 pack for all I care, it won't hurt me.

A LOT of people are going to be frustrated about this one. Not too cool on CG's part.

While I completely disagree with the way they did it, it should have been like this from the beginning. CG has been mind-numbingly slow with releasing new content. End-game content like this should be difficult and take a while to complete for even most high end guilds. If it takes 3ish months for the top 5% guilds to get 45*s, I think it's a good move. Again though, it was a bait and switch that was totally not cool.

I'm right there with you. When I saw that it's going to take so much time to be able to get 45 stars for this Territory Battles I was pumped up! I joined a new guild and started farming HAAT with no effort and just log 0's half the time and was getting bored of it

This looks like such a great and challenging new addition to try to beat our old scores....

But what a horrendous start. If it was 7* from the beginning no one would have a problem, it's not like people are upset about endgame content that isn't available now. I'm okay with having goals that are a year of farming away... by y'all took our money first, knowing darn well what we believed we were paying for.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    You can come up with a better resolution than oops we forgot to mention that the game changer videos were on a dev server. The video with cg_dan...did you watch it?
  • MeshmeZ wrote: »
    I was upset, but I feel this more than makes up for it. I wouldn't have bought the Han pack, but the HRS shards plus the crystals are certainly worth $10, so I feel I came out ahead in the end. Thanks for the compensation devs.

ya, but people who didnt buy the pack also got that stuff...

I don't think it's realistic to sort through who got screwed and who didn't. The pack was the only thing I would have done differently (outside of the few hours or cantina energy I lost). Others lost a lot more cantina energy than I did. All in all though I think compensation was absolutely fair. They shouldn't have ever been in a position to hand it out, and I think quicker communication would have kept this from snowballing as bad as it did. But the actual compensation value was good IMO.
  • Gingerbreadman123
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Tigzie wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie on behalf of all of the FTP coaxed into paying due to your smoke and mirror tactics I'd like to say shame on you all.

And as for the earlier post of @CG_Kozispoon if Vader claiming to have changed the rules... yes it's real funny to laugh at people you have robbed.

I speak as a player that was ALWAYS going to buy han to 7* as I buy every toon however even I think your little tactics are DISCUSTING.

We're truly sorry to have missed your expectation. We did work to distribute HRS shards as a recognition that some players did not see the Development Build or understand subject to change.
    @CG_RyDiggs
    This is incredibly disingenuous.

You have a right to change the requirements as part of the development process. However you KNOW from the forum chatter, SWGOH.gg, the YouTube videos etc etc that 5* CHS and HRS were targets for masses of player focus. You had tons of time to say "these requirements are subject to change, take it easy" and it's fair for players to expect that there won't be much change in a week and a half, by which point a lot of playtesting and balancing should have already happened.

You could have said a week ago.
    You could have said when the packs released.

You didn't.

Please don't hide behind "it's your fault really, you're too thick to understand us" as a defense. Its actually insulting.

People made decisions in good faith with you and the info you released. Any Dev reading the forums who knew the score could have and should have seen this coming, but you decided not to do anything about it. From an exterior perspective that gives the impression that you're either incompetent or malicious.

Please understand, this is from the context of someone who generally looks at the hate fest that appears on this forum and feels bad for the unfair grief you developers get.

In this instance though, you did something wrong. Own it. Apologies don't include the phrase "if you'd..."

• This is bait and switch. Plain and simple.
  • Bettz
    29 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It is not about being mislead, as bad as that was. The requirement is absurd...its fine you need the 7 star rolo and han in the last phase...but changing it there is way too high of a bar.
  • I wish I could say I thought this was an honest mistake, but this was just some shady stuff.
    The worst part is this screws over players who aren't whales, these people are the ones you should be trying to get to spend so they have a monetary attachment to the game and keep spending for the next scam you pull.
    I hope you guys sold enough packs to make it worth the people who quit or who are never gonna spend on another pack. Even whales will probably just farm captain in cantina now and wait the few weeks it takes instead of buying the rng packs.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Good post. It sucks, but we have known for a while now that we should have been farming hoth soldier. I started farming him when the first rumors started about him possibly being required and the 30 free shards today put him to 7* (although I did also buy the hoth brothers pack last night). I don't like the way they bait and switched us, but I do think it should have been that way from the start. End game content imo shouldn't be something that more than the top 1% guilds can completely beat the first month. If the top 10% of guilds can get 40+*s in 3 months, I think that's about appropriate.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
This discussion has been closed.