Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements [Clarification]

Replies

• CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hoth Rebel Soldier is required to be 7* to complete the Rebel Officer Leia Organa Special mission.

You all straight up lied to your community, you should be ashamed of yourself. This entire time you've all been trying to build up TB (you know, that thing you all royally jacked up this morning), it's been said to us that we need a 5* Han and 5* Hoth Soldier for Phase 3, and a 5* Hoth Soldier for Plase 4. You've all shared videos, had your insiders putting out their own videos and this has been what you've been telling your community. You've had devs on podcasts regurgitating this same information to us. That's not an issue of poor communication, that is a lie, pretty straight up. You have a community manager who's job is to make sure the correct information is out, to make sure the community isn't misinformed, but instead of doing that, she's trolling the community who she's failing with dumb Darth Vader memes. I feel awful for those people who picked up that $10 Han pack with the full belief that they'd be able to use him at 5*s as your community was lead to believe, you just totally did a bait and switch on them to take their $10 from them, knowing that they didn't have the right information. Or those who bought that $60 pack, thinking they'd 5* their Hoth Soldier and be a help to their guilds. I look forward to this getting picked up in the gaming community and getting the word out about how your lack of respect your gaming community, this is shameful. To those in the community who enjoy this game, and who support this game, you can still be **** off about being lied to about this, you have every right to call CG out on their failures, just like their successes. Don't be quiet in this if you feel you were lied to, make sure others know what's going on, do your part to inform the rest of the gaming community what's going on, if not, we will continue to deal with lies and mismanaged situations (I thought CLS was done poorly, then TB happened).
  • You got the shards because unlike pre released screenshots and Dev podcasts saying you only needed a 5* captain han to unlock the battle that rewards ROLO shards, you now need a 7* captain han.
  • It could be assumed that the youtube stuff was not final and changes still happen. That is normal
    in any game that releases prerelease videos.

But the youtube videos where "archived" in the media section, they contain "what to farm guides" including 5* HR Soldier and Captain Han Solo. The forum had several posts dealing with that the last days.

And nobody saw this, stepped it and did something like "guys, all information released was beta, requirements may change until the new mode is actually released"? That is community handling that can be improved.

Even that only the 7* HR solider is mentionend in the beginning of the posts and not Captain Han Solo makes me wonder a little bit.

And seeing stuff like this I sometimes wonder if other hot topics are really understood from the dev side or just get under in the sometimes difficulty amount of posts here.

+1. Good points, and you avoided the furious stomping around that has taken over this thread.

The new mode is great, and it is a shame that this is going to sour it for people.

If the preview videos just happened to show 5* han and hrsoldier, that would be one thing. However, those requirements were specifically called out in the aforementioned "what to farm guides" that EA sent us to. Really stinks.

On the other hand, 30 shards is a nice offering. Doesn't make up the 5*-7* gap, but it is appreciated. If I spent money on the packs, I would likely feel differently.

• On the topic of Han, anyone zeta him?

Does the second attack also remove tm if applicable? I figure it would, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!
  • wish theyd just come in and clarify it

They did
  • So an outright lie to your community and you think 30 I'm Sorry shards will fix it? Not even close. This has been handled extremely poorly and obviously angered a ton of your players. This is utterly ridiculous and very much an outrage to the entire player base.

Let's see what silly memes the devs can come up with to try to make this go away. Not a very professional form of communication by the way.
  • I dont care i "wasted" 10 bucks - what i care about is no Dev Update on all the content our youtubers showed us about TB gameplay. Or did it just came to your mind yesterday @Devs and you thought "let´s do a stealth change, but let´s trap all people first who thought we would let our testers and youtubers share correct content information". I know you watched their videos, too. And i guess you decided to change the requirements last week. So why didn´t we get informed about sudden 7* requirements? Did you also not even inform your youtubers about it? A little info "hey Ahnald, Warrior, McMole2,.... please inform your peeps about a few changes - your vids are not up to date anymore: 1.,2.,3."

We swapped members, others merged guilds for TB, just to find out everything will be pretty useless for a while. It will slow us down (yes, you achieved your goal), and of course it is our impatience trying to get a 5* CHS ready for P3 before official launch. But we were under the assumption of doing the right thing here - and i do understand everyones frustration now. Thank you for the Crystals, the Omega and the 30 Hoth Soldier shards - that´s a nice compensation for all the ones who spent 10 bucks on it. Communication on the inofficial forums is really good, communication here has improved a lot.... but come on, you can´t let people advertise things for you, let us "prepare" under wrong expectations, don´t lose a word about changes before official launch, and then say "oops". How about a second Hard Node for Hoth Rebel Soldier?
    Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    So an outright lie to your community and you think 30 I'm Sorry shards will fix it? Not even close. This has been handled extremely poorly and obviously angered a ton of your players. This is utterly ridiculous and very much an outrage to the entire player base.

Let's see what silly memes the devs can come up with to try to make this go away. Not a very professional form of communication by the way.

Alright. So I am 100% furious over this entire situation.

But to be at least a little fair, I think Kozi is mainly the community manager intended to communicate between the "devs" and us. Unless I'm mistaken, it's kind of like she's playing the hand she's given.

I for one love the memes and don't want everything to always be so professional in life. I play games to forget my professional side every now and then.

I have a bigger problem with the condescending sidestepping finger pointing tone that this post had more than memes intended to try to lighten a mood. Very well could just be me though.
  • I wonder if EA/CG was to back the game data up to befor update, and then refund all money peeps put out on pack and crystal if that would make everyone happy. Knowing befor you buy their packs that thies toons will be needed at 7☆.

Side Note: I'm sure if they did back the data up alot of peeps would rebuy thies packs anyways.

Side Note #2: EA/CG has already shown over and over that they are all about the $$$. They will probably keep doing stuff like this as longs as there are peeps still paying their bills.
  • I also play games to get away. But when something of this magnitude happens the last thing I want in response from a dev is a meme. If you hired a roofer who never showed up would you like to get a meme sent to you in response to asking for your money back?
  • @CleverWes yes it does
  • @Nastynas91 Thanks!
  • The funny thing is that I was actually planning on buying a vault to get Captain Han to 5* on Saturday to start doing Leias special mission.

Won't be doing it now!
  • Imagine you went to the store. Bought a game that had advertised as being released. Bought the shiny disc in the jewel case. Plopped it in your game machine of choice and got a screen saying thank you for your money. It'll be useful in 4 months? You'd be rather ruddy upset by George!
  • Not a popular reaction, but I'm a **** and plan in buying the packs for the gear when I can. I'm enjoying the event this far and look forward to getting my butt kicked in p3. With or without soldier.
  • Let's just call it what it is ... Hoth Rebel Soldier is a Paywall.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I know nobody is going to listen to reason, because outrage is (always) the order of the day. But try to hear me.

You need 330 shards to 7*. Maybe you bought the pack and got the 55 HR Soldier shards. CG has gifted another 30 shards ... 85 total. Now you "only" need 245 shards to 7*. You can farm for free using just 5 sims a day, or refresh his hard node once for 50 crystals and twice for 150 crystals, for 10 or 15 sims a day.
    • 5/day: 147 days to 7*
    • 10/day: 74 days to 7*
    • 15/day: 49 days to 7*

Considering you've already been farming HRS, it will take you longer to farm Captain Han up to 7* than it will HRS, if you spend 150 crystals/day on HRS. And CHS will cost more crystals, too.

Still ... seems CG was not content with shooting themselves in just one foot with the crystal booster removal. Had to go for the other one as well by letting the players believe that 5* would be enough. Mystifying.
  • I'm a whale, I would have spent to 7*. But yet,a release is launched with issues and not clear communication.

All the game change videos showed 5* requirements. Which the mobile gamer video had a developer on video talking about it. Second, this was a few weeks ago. The BETA should have already been switched over to production mode. Even on a developer's account view. It was promoted as game play footage. Next, this forum which is the official SWGOH forums has had videos and content shared over and over about everything in those videos. Yet no one, not one single person said...hey this changed.

In my opinion, really low and sneaky for CHS.
  • Craxane wrote: »
    Their responses are the worst part of this. You could at least act like you care. You don't even have to mean it just act like it

Heya Craxane,

I'm sorry our responses aren't meeting your expectations, and if I could make the tone even more understanding I would. There is a symbiotic relationship between Community and Game and we do our best to support both. Again, I want you to know you're heard and we are committed to improving.

I truly wish the text could express the sincerity, but I'll have to hope you can understand our intent and tone.

RT

Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • This is not OK. I have been defending the devs quite a bit lately from what I consider unfair criticism, and I stand by that. But anything negative anyone has to say about this situation is well deserved.

Members of my guild spent hundreds of dollars because it was explicitly stated in the official videos from the EA game changers that CHan was needed at 5*. That info is what they released to the public. That is what they have to go by. I'll be deeply disappointed in the devs if they chose to stick to this change after they have the money people spent on bad info they put out.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    I'm really torn on this:

As a whale, I wholeheartedly endorse any product and / or event that puts a gap between myself and f2p. I mean, that's what we pay for, isn't it? And before f2p starts griping / downvoting me, you know I am absolutely right when I say that you've been gifted a lot of things such as mod drops being upped to 100% and CLS. I know a ton of f2p that got Thrawn and a ton that got CLS. You caught up in gear, you caught up in mods, now it's time for the spenders to have the advantage again. That's just how it is.

HOWEVER, in all fairness, I bought the HR duo pack thinking my jump from 5* to 6* would be good enough. NOPE. I bought the CHS pack thinking, hey, I'm halfway to unlock, I can get that up to 5*, gear him and be ready for that phase. NOPE.

Your response to this is nowhere near adequate. You even had one of the devs sit IN on the video and explain what was going on and what was needed. This is pure bait and switch. The onus is not on the videomakers, it's on YOU for showing one thing and then releasing something else day AFTER the update when you started pushing the packs out.

This is not Phoenix, where you gave two weeks to farm them for Thrawn and had us all scurrying around panic farming. This is a beast of a different nature. This is you showed the playerbase one thing, had them buy the pack, had them farm to minimum 5* and then kicked them in the nether regions by saying "Oh, by the way, that's not going to be good enough".

Like I said, I bought the pack (both). I do not regret it. However, this is a faux pas on YOUR part, CG. This is going to go down as one of your largest gaffes yet unless you rectify it.

*Insert joke about failed launches, North Korea, and EA*

@pac0naut if anyone down votes this they're an animal. Good stuff. But the ewok meme is still making me weep with laughter. I'm using that at work.

• CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Craxane wrote: »
    Their responses are the worst part of this. You could at least act like you care. You don't even have to mean it just act like it

Heya Craxane,

I'm sorry our responses aren't meeting your expectations, and if I could make the tone even more understanding I would. There is a symbiotic relationship between Community and Game and we do our best to support both. Again, I want you to know you're heard and we are committed to improving.

I truly wish the text could express the sincerity, but I'll have to hope you can understand our intent and tone.

RT

Sorry but no. I don't want to get run over, the driver then gets out the car and say sorry, next time I'll pay attention to the road. And then pick up ten dollars that fell out of my pocket!
  • Unicorns and leprechauns!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    As always a very bad move by CG!! Deceive customers seems to be the target.

But the worst part is that they don't care, as always.... Because this game is designated to whales, and most of them bought endeless packs and got Han to 7* already. So, profit was made, they don't need to worry about FTP/small dolphins or if people like what they did. Unfortunately :(
  • Dabro
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs show some contrition and give us the same option you gave when the zeta Barris bug was discovered...

If you are sincere that this was miscommunicated then allow us to move back to a point where we can make an informed decision. If you were to do this the tone of your words would be irrelevant because your actions would dictate your intentions.
  • You said dictate
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    TB is great and this change is no big deal for me. It's probably mean that it will take as long to get ROLO as it took me to get Grievous, but that's all right. They are end game caracter (hopefully ROLO is better).

I also hope TB will be on a regular basis and not once per month or something like that. In any case, they are a lot of fun and looking forward to phase 2.

Keep on the great work and keep us addicted with great new features.

Az
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Craxane wrote: »

Heya Craxane,

RT

Just be honest.

Tell us you knew you were leading everyone on in hopes more people would purchase the packs before the switch was made/announced. It's obvious what was done and this fake reaction and cover story isn't helping the community at all.
    People respect honesty, they don't respect passing the blame onto people who were duped.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Money grab
This discussion has been closed.