Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited September 2017
Please discuss the best time and strategy to deploy your troops
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• K331
    168 posts Member
    Why is this when you can't use them at all in battle on Hoth guild ,why count them on guild points if can't use the dark side?
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Deployment (EDIT: not really a mission)
    Ship pilots
    (Platoons unsure)
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Yea but can't use dark side. onlu rebels on missions so why count there points?
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    I can only send rebels in ,no dark side
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    So why count there points if you can't use them fully
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    I want to take over the galaxy just not with 1 part of game with rebels for 6 days..
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Ok deployment of all empire toons first phase,then phase 2 dark side ,then start with rebels? If all toons play why not start deployment with one's that only can be deployed then?
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Don't understand this part????
  • You can deploy DS characters, and use DS ships in a few battles. There is no combat or special mission that uses DS toons though
  • Rat boy detected!!
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    you want to deploy LAST. Characters used in combat missions and platoons auto deploy. The deploy section (with the 3 down arrows) are just for all the left over characters that you can't use in combat/plt

problem is the tut takes you into deploy and has you select all. unless you clear all and click elsewhere you are screwed.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    What are you guys on about? I deployed everything and then did both combat missions and deployed 10 dudes to Platoons just fine.

Are you saying don't do it when there are multiple territories? Because that might be what you mean, but it's not what you're saying.

Yes, that's what they mean. For some guilds, the first territory is all they'll achieve. But for the stronger guilds, tossing your entire roster into the deployment means you are now on the sidelines watching the rest of your guild as they move to another territory.
    Seems to be the best option is to place two teams (one for each battle) and then dump some weak fodder characters (low level and star) to help with total GP per territory. That leaves you with characters available to dump into the next territory when it's unlocked. My guild is experiencing the same problem as most of us rushed to toss our entire roster in right away.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    The deploy is deploying them in a territory. As there's only one territory in phase one it makes no difference.

When there are two or three territories per phase the problems will come when people deploy all toons in one territory and lock themselves out of the other.
    And then you can only use your rebels right? Like if you put all your rebels in one territory and all your sith in the other, you'll still be locked out of the one you put sith in?
  • You're right Mac. I initially thought this phase would unlock more territories, but it looks like there is only one territory today, so you can dump all today. My advice works when there are multiple territories in in one phase.

Still figuring this out :/
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    For the future phases that's true, when you have multiple options of territory to deploy in. But for this phase, you can deploy first if you want. Deployment does not keep you from using the characters in platoons or battles within that territory.

That's good to know as I wasn't aware of that. I'm just trying to get ppl in a good habit for after the first phase. :)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I know i shouldn't deploy my roster at the very beginning because then i wouldn't have any toons to use in the missions, but do i deploy them at the end of every phase or at the very end?
  • in the first phase you have only 1 terrotory to deploy, so you can deploy all troops. Next you can use the deployed troops in the missions.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    At the end of each phase
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • once phase 1 is completed, you get to deploy troops in 2 different territories. then you have to choose if you deploy everything in 1 place or split them.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I know i shouldn't deploy my roster at the very beginning because then i wouldn't have any toons to use in the missions, but do i deploy them at the end of every phase or at the very end?

At the end of every phase.. since your roster resets at the start of each new phase.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

You can use them for missions once you've deployed them. You can only use them for missions in THAT territory, though.

Hit Deploy All when you've contributed all you plan on contributing to platoons and combat missions in that phase.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • As our guild found out this morning, at the end of the TB tutorial, the game has you select all your toons and hit deploy. As one of our members found out, if you do this, then you don't have any units left for anything. It's kinda confusing, and a lot of guilds might be in trouble if they don't have any units to fight with.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Don't think that is right - Deployed units can be used for Battles after, but only in that deployed territory.

For Phase 1 only one territory so not a big deal. But subsequent phases that would be a mistake.

I was about to test if deployed can be put in platoon missions, but the game crashed
    942-122-371
  • AnTtKaJ.png

I'm confused about the "Deployed" number next to my name on the right.

Scrolling down, it mentions I get something like 291k Territory Points from one of the battles, I think. And looking at my score in the guild rankings, I have 1.9 Mil or so, which is my character GP of 1.3 Mil + combat missions. I deployed one small toon to a Platoon.

What does this 92,970 number have to do with anything? It's not the GP of my toons deployed... Is there something "extra" we get on deployment?
  • Can you deploy after you have used them though? I did combat, then platoons then deploy.. did I miss out on Deployment points because of the order I did it in?
  • sying wrote: »
    For those that haven’t played TB yet, when you go in and the tutorial tells you to deploy troops first, make sure you clear all and do not deploy them. Otherwise you won’t be able to do any of he missions.

Incorrect. Deployed toons can be used in combat OR in platoons. But only in the territory where you deployed. Phase 1 = 1 territory.

But yes you cannot use someone in a platoon mission and a combat mission
    942-122-371
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Using a toon in a mission automatically deploys them. You get the value for that squad at the same time you do the mission.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    It's the GP of the squad you sent on the combat mission prior to deploying the remaining members of your roster.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    Using a toon in a mission automatically deploys them. You get the value for that squad at the same time you do the mission.

Ok.. that clears up my question.. thanks
  • So if I deployed my entire roster at the beginning, like the tutorial said to do, am I locked out of the entire battle or just the first phase?