G8 And G9 gear

Neo2551
1824 posts Member
edited September 2017
It would be time to ease the grind for carbantis, guns (mk5) and cuffs.

Over the midterm, every players will be gated by these and it is insultly frustrating to farm the same gear over and over. At this point they should just be defaulted to Rancor rewards for those who solo it, or find a solution, but I guess I am not the only one asking for this.

Post edited by Neo2551 on

Replies

• +1
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    If any Devs read this, please watch this short videos as well. Really the grind for these pieces is not fun, and I would gladly open my wallet for content (such as unlimited battles in a tourney like mode with no rewards).

https://youtu.be/dBIX_A1l1bM
  • +1
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm not in favour of linking it to rancor solo's. Horrible idea. I can solo the rancor and my guild runs the rancor at a very favourable time for me personally, but i can only assume this isn't the case for alot of players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @leef so what do you propose as of solution?

This was just a way to continue my idea that soloing Rancor should gives a reward. Otherwise, just bring back tourneys with only gear as reward.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    leef so what do you propose as of solution?

This was just a way to continue my idea that soloing Rancor should gives a reward. Otherwise, just bring back tourneys with only gear as reward.

i disagree with the idea that rancor solo's should have additional rewards, but lets not get into that in this thread.
    Tourneys can be an option, but there needs to be some adjusments in order for them not being such a timesink.
    I'm all for one or multiple of the next options.
    - challenges, update those to reward (more) g8/9 bottleneck gear
    - increase the refreshrate of normal energy
    - increase the droprate of purple gear
    - add purple gear to lower energy nodes
    - more rewards in general for raids (not just the solo's)
    - To add to the previous point, more guild currency as rewards and an updated guild store
    There are probably alot more options that i can't think of right this moment. The question remains whether the devs see any merit in such a request, but if they're willing there's most certainly a way.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Devs are burning their long-time players and this is clearly not healthy for their game. Usually in well designed games, the previous gear gate is made easier at each level of progression so that the overall time for maxing a character remains similar, but this is not the case for this game.

How long does it take to bring a toon from G1 to G12? How long did it take from G1 to G8 when level cap was at level 70? That was a fun time to play (outside precraft 1.0). Moreover the cost increased as well (guns at 2500 crystals vs holoprojectors at 300).

Players need to gather and voice our concerns, because otherwise Devs thinks:

- there is no problem with the cuff, carbantis and guns (see at several occasion on Reddit with @CG_CapGaSP)
    - Dark side are as meta as LS in arena (see @AhnaldT101 videos about TB)

Please @CG_Kozispoon, would it possible to at least mention this theme (and the Zetas) in the next state of the Galaxy?

I have over 40 G11 and seriously, I want to puke when I see I need to farm carbantis, guns and cuffs.
  • I completely agree with this. Right now there is a huge bottleneck around MK5 Stun Guns, MK3 Carbantis and MK3 Stun Cuffs, and their farm rate is basically forcing you to buy them with Crystals or wait weeks if you feel strong enough to grind for them.
  • Orba
    61 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yesterday I counted and I currently need 28 Stun Guns just to cover the characters that currently need them, and each of those requires a Carbantis. On top of that I need another 20 plain Carbantis. And all that is without stun cuffs and holoprojectors.

It really is crazy that while there is such a big gear bottleneck that they should make it that some of the G12 items require more of those bottleneck gear. Something major needs to be done with the lower tier gear as people should not be so seriously bottlenecked before they even reach the raid gear.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    Devs are burning their long-time players and this is clearly not healthy for their game. Usually in well designed games, the previous gear gate is made easier at each level of progression so that the overall time for maxing a character remains similar, but this is not the case for this game.

How long does it take to bring a toon from G1 to G12? How long did it take from G1 to G8 when level cap was at level 70? That was a fun time to play (outside precraft 1.0). Moreover the cost increased as well (guns at 2500 crystals vs holoprojectors at 300).

Players need to gather and voice our concerns, because otherwise Devs thinks:

- there is no problem with the cuff, carbantis and guns (see at several occasion on Reddit with @CG_CapGaSP)
    - Dark side are as meta as LS in arena (see @AhnaldT101 videos about TB)

Please @CG_Kozispoon, would it possible to at least mention this theme (and the Zetas) in the next state of the Galaxy?

I have over 40 G11 and seriously, I want to puke when I see I need to farm carbantis, guns and cuffs.

I absolutely couldn't agree more with this! Having BEEN a dolphin myself (I spent money on crystals when gear cap was level 8) I stopped spending about 8 months ago due to knowing the grind, not only ever ends, but gets drastically and overwhelmingly worse! Especially with G12 here I have no desire to spend money on the gear and if teams keep me from finishing GW then I'm done with this game. Ever since I started (Dec. 2015) I have bought a couple packs with Jedi, Boba Fett rework and Ship, Kylo Ren and Finn pack etc. but I just have no desire to spend any money now. Especially since everything lately has been Phoenix and Rebel. :/ Give us more Dark Side content!
  • Let's not forget holoprojectors as well.

They are cheaper to farm/gear than the gear already mentioned but they are still ridiculous.

Holoprojectors should be added back to guild shipments, simple as that.

I also think stun cuff/gun salvage should be added to the daily log in rewards.
  • I've got around 50 toons at gear 8 needing 2-3 more gear each. Now that gears 11 and 12 need, like 150-200 salvage pieces each, I certainly cannot level everyone up.
  • yet another top 1 player from my shard just quit.. this being one of the main reasons. Too much grind. They seem to be leaving at a decent rate. Does get me thinking I'll admit.
    I don't understand why they can;t alleviate the grind/change the model a little. There are other outfits who arn't so tight and are still a phenomenal success.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    aaaaaaand
    thread burried
  • Yeah I don't understand why they keep doing this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Yeah I don't understand why they keep doing this.

"arena and character strategy" O_o
  • leef wrote: »
    aaaaaaand
    thread burried

Its pretty pathetic, they didn't even bother to put it into the Feedback section, they threw it into a section it has nothing to do with. Stuff like this is the reason people are getting sick of the official boards.
  • @CG_Kozispoon can we at least have answer in GiF? :)
  • I read that Devs read all the post over the forums. Then I think they should also read Reddit because 50% of the threads speak about how the gear situation became out of hand.

This is clearly insulting that nothing changed since last year.

If you want a solution, just speak with the players about your expectations and what are ours.

For example, I expect that the total amount of time/energy/crystal cost should remain the identical with every gear increase: taking the example of G8 would be extrem as you can gear almost any G8 in a few days, but a G10 character is fairly reasonable (around 3 weeks). As for the crystal costs, it should have remained around 1500 crystals (10$) to insta level your toons from G1 To max gear (like it was for G8). Hence the price of gear pieces should be adapted at each level increase. You will not lose income, as everyone who to accelerate their improvement will usually buy the new gear priced at the same cost as the previous highest level, while making it easier for FTP/small spender to catch up.

In the end, many dolphins can control their buying impulse and they only have a limited budget for this game. Make this game great for those are willing to support the game.

Otherwise you are slowly killing it: it is impossible for a new players to have fun, as most content is intended for end-game players. TB made this even worse as progress is linear, only time (or a lot of monetary resources) is a deciding factor for success.