Obi Wan Kenobi

Prev13
Dear Devs

Pls take your time to create Obi from SE ep III or Clone Wars. And pls pls dont screw him up. He should be the second best Jedi after Yoda. So pls take your time, watch the movies, the Clone Wars and make him right

Replies

• I couldnt agree more with this
  • JSithwalker
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    2nd best Jedi after Yoda? Strongly disagree. 4th at best.

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    3. Anakin (Unless you include Dooku)
    4. Obi Wan

......but i guess opinion plays a big part.
    Post edited by JSithwalker on
  • 2nd best Jedi after Yoda? Strongly disagree. 4th at best.

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    3. Akakin (Unless you include Dooku)
    4. Obi Wan

Whoa whoa...Anakin? LOL what? You had a typo....Anakin killed more Jedi than order 66 lol. How does he even make your list? I swear I'm not trolling but whaaaaaa lol.

My list would be:

Yoda
    Obi Wan
    Luke
    Mace
    QGJ

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

This guy obviously doesn't remember the high ground.
  • Dammag wrote: »

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

Lol!

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

Wait what? Anakin better than Obi Wan? You clearly forgot what happened on that volcano... :|
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Obi Wan is my favorite Jedi from the PT. Ewan Mcgregor nailed it while Hayden failed.

From the Clone Wars though, Anakin and Obi Wan are both cool but Anakin is incredible.

I think Mace gets too much love personally, but he does have a sweet lightsaber!

And Yoda is Yoda, so you kind of have to respect him!

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

Anakin?? Lol Obi Wan cuted him in pieces haha
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Dammag wrote: »

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

You underestimate his power!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Barrok wrote: »
    Obi Wan is my favorite Jedi from the PT. Ewan Mcgregor nailed it while Hayden failed.

From the Clone Wars though, Anakin and Obi Wan are both cool but Anakin is incredible.

I think Mace gets too much love personally, but he does have a sweet lightsaber!

And Yoda is Yoda, so you kind of have to respect him!

I only liked Mace because he was played by Sam Jackson
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    What I am thinking after this thread is that Mace still needs to be buffed. He should be an attacker and do some of the biggest damage in the game... Watch, they will make Obi Wan a tank...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    As far as Obi is considered, while mace and yoda were chillin, Obi had to run around the galaxy as the muscle of the Jedi. Yoda is still boss though
  • Phipps wrote: »
    As far as Obi is considered, while mace and yoda were chillin, Obi had to run around the galaxy as the muscle of the Jedi. Yoda is still boss though

Obi Wan is the OG of the Jedi. Obi Wan? He's a bad motha...shut yo mouth! Obi was killing sith and cutting people in half and slicing clones up and cutting limbs off best friends....he put in work while mace and yoda was sitting around on bean bags having meetings eating oreos.
  • Obi-Wan
    Wins: 3( General Grievous, Anakin, & Darth Maul)
    Losses: 2 (Count Dooku & Darth Vader)
    Draws: 1 (Jango Fett)

Anakin
    Wins: 1 (Count Dooku)
    Losses: 2 (Count Dooku & Obi-Wan)

Mace Windu
    Wins: 1 (Jango Fett)
    Losses: 1 (Darth Sidious)

Yoda
    Wins: 0
    Losses: 1 (Darth Sidious)
    Draws: 1 (Count Dooku)

Luke Skywalker
    Wins: 1 (Darth Vader)
    Losses: 1 (Darth Vader)

Honestly in my opinion it could easily be argued that Obi-wan was the greatest Jedi in all the Star Wars movies. He certainly has the best record.
  • Hard to debate.. Although, Mace had Sidious defeated and trusted Anakin too much which led to his demise. Had he known Anakin would come to the aid of Sid he may have defeated him and then Anakin afterward. Yoda struggled a bit when he battled Sidious 1v1 at the end of Episode III, but it's tough to deny Yoda the number one spot. As far as Anakin versus Obi is concerned, I believe at that time they were both about equally as strong. Anakin was just a bit too cocky and that's what cost him the battle at the end of Episode III. The person who had QGJ listed needs to remember that he was defeated by Darth Maul. I would probably rank them:

1. Yoda/Mace
    2. Anakin/Obi
    3. Luke (with the limited knowledge we have)
  • Is yoda really all that much better if a character then. Obi wan?

1. Yoda
    2. Mace
    4. Obi Wan

Wow really? Anakin? Not even close....

Obi Wan is way better. He definitely needs a new version in this game
  • Is yoda really that much better if a character then obi wan?
  • Strongest Jedi in canon
  • I mean Obi Wan really never lost in a lightsaber battle... He left himself against Vader, he gets forced pushed by dooku and drops a platofrm on him. Bur actual saber battles he never lost. Probably due to his defensive form 3. But he should probably have good health, above average damage, add counter if basic damage is average, and he should also be pretty quick. And should have a good leader ability
  • I mean, I just want "If You Strike Me Down" to have some sort of useful application. Right now, it's one of the most pointless skills in the game, hands down.

And I would put Obi-Wan as the most Jedi of the Jedi in both the movies and the non-canon universe. He strove for the least attachment, followed the Living Force most closely, and even his lightsaber mastery was the most in line with the Jedi view of not forcing your will on the Force, and allowing it to work through you. Soresu's strict focus on defense over attack is what made him strong in battle, and his reliance on the Force for defense, and not offense.
  • Salgado9 wrote: »
    I mean Obi Wan really never lost in a lightsaber battle... He left himself against Vader, he gets forced pushed by dooku and drops a platofrm on him. Bur actual saber battles he never lost. Probably due to his defensive form 3. But he should probably have good health, above average damage, add counter if basic damage is average, and he should also be pretty quick. And should have a good leader ability

Count Dooku definitely defeated Obi-Wan in Episode 2 in an actual saber battle.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Salgado9 wrote: »
    I mean Obi Wan really never lost in a lightsaber battle... He left himself against Vader, he gets forced pushed by dooku and drops a platofrm on him. Bur actual saber battles he never lost.

Uh, I think you missed the Dooku fight at the end of Episode 2. You know, where he got his butt handed to him in under a minute and spent the rest of the fight lying on the floor going "ow, my leg!". And would have been dead if Anakin had not saved him and then Yoda after that.

Also, I think "being tossed across the room like a rag doll and then crushed by a big object that the other guy moves with a wave of his hand" counts as a loss. :) Dooku had Obiwan's number.. bigtime.
    He's still probably my favorite character now, even above Luke from the OT. I hope they make him available for everyone to get, and that he's good.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I mean Obi Wan really never lost in a lightsaber battle... He left himself against Vader, he gets forced pushed by dooku and drops a platofrm on him. Bur actual saber battles he never lost.

Uh, I think you missed the Dooku fight at the end of Episode 2. You know, where he got his butt handed to him in under a minute and spent the rest of the fight lying on the floor going "ow, my leg!". And would have been dead if Anakin had not saved him and then Yoda after that.

Also, I think "being tossed across the room like a rag doll and then crushed by a big object that the other guy moves with a wave of his hand" counts as a loss. :) Dooku had Obiwan's number.. bigtime.
    He's still probably my favorite character now, even above Luke from the OT. I hope they make him available for everyone to get, and that he's good.

I agee, but Dooku was the only one in all the movies that had Obi-Wan's number. Probably because Obi-Wan was trained by Qui-Gon who was trained by Dooku. He probably knew all of Obi-Wan's tricks because he taught the same ones to Qui-Gon.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think Dooku was the only one who had Obi-Wan's number because Dooku basically had everyone's number. He certainly had no real problem with Yoda. (I haven't watched all of Clone Wars yet so maybe that's not true there but do me a favor and don't spoil it for me. :) ) Dooku was considered one of the true masters of the art, a former instructor of lightsaber technique with 50+ years of experience. Obi-Wan was a Jedi but still pretty green, so no big surprise that Dooku handled him.
    IMO Dooku only lost to Anakin because of Sidious's scheming.
    I think Dooku was the only one who had Obi-Wan's number because Dooku basically had everyone's number. He certainly had no real problem with Yoda. (I haven't watched all of Clone Wars yet so maybe that's not true there but do me a favor and don't spoil it for me. :) ) Dooku was considered one of the true masters of the art, a former instructor of lightsaber technique with 50+ years of experience. Obi-Wan was a Jedi but still pretty green, so no big surprise that Dooku handled him.
    IMO Dooku only lost to Anakin because of Sidious's scheming.

I've seen all the Clone Wars episodes, but honestly I can't recall if they ever had a rematch.

I agee, but Dooku was the only one in all the movies that had Obi-Wan's number. Probably because Obi-Wan was trained by Qui-Gon who was trained by Dooku. He probably knew all of Obi-Wan's tricks because he taught the same ones to Qui-Gon.

It's more about the styles they used; Dooku was a Makashi (Form II) master, which placed emphasis on footwork, strike placement, and penetrating the opponents defense. Soresu (Obi-Wan's) style was focused on deflecting the opponents blows, sometimes very close to the body, and using their momentum and the terrain against them. Against styles that swung hard, or fast, Soresu was excellent at turning back blows, but Makashi was meant more to get inside that defense.

I still think Obi-Wan could have beaten Dooku in a purely lightsaber based contest. But in terms of Force strength, Dooku was probably stronger than him.
  • Why do you guys like obi wan more then yoda?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I meant if he fought anyone else. In the movies it's only Dooku vs. Anakin/Obi-Wan twice. (I still hate that he and Windu only traded verbal jabs and not real ones.)
  • Dammag wrote: »

+1