Why 24h is good for phase in TB

Prev1345678
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
edited September 2017
Please, don't merge this thread.

24h is a good timeframe for guild outside the top 100 of GP. The reason on top of all the reasons about working hours and family, is that a decent strategy, as of now, to optimize the collection of your guild is more or less the following:
1. Fill platoon mission to get the bonus on the actual territories. (This requires hell of organization).
2. All members do all the combat missions to optimize the TB points/toon ratio.
3. Deploy the rest of the collection of your guild by starting from the lowest star territory, if the two have the same stars fill the one the nearest to the next star.

Step 2 requires a lot of time and you can't really expect all players to do it in 12 hours so I hope it stays at 24h.

The reason this is a good strategy is that combat missions return much more points than the value of the teams that are sent into combat, so you want to maximize this dimension first for your all guild.

In the scenario you have already 3* a territory, you should not do any combat in this territory and send all toons in deployment in the other territory (leading to a waste).
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• i second this. we all have various commitments work or family or what have you. couple that with multinational guilds and you have people who will sleep through a whole phase.
  • Agree with many points except "its good for the top 100 of GP." That sort of thinking doesn't help.

24 hours is great because most guilds cover a lot of timezones, and 12 hours will limit participation of guild members when phases are off-hours for them or purely during work time. Not to mention the amount of strategy needed, even for guilds that aren't top 100 GP.
  • He doesn't mean in the top 100. He actually means OUTSIDE of (or below) the top 100. If you read the OP, you can tell his first language isn't English.
  • i agree that the 24hrs is better than a 12hrs. I don't see why this is a problem for CG. It's more CONTENT interaction for the player base. Why would you want to shorten event times that could be dragged out and milked to entertain people.

Unless CG plans to have 2-3 TB events a week. 6 days event is one a week. Which is a good pace. That's potentially 50 shards of ROLO.

Now if they plan to do 3 days (12hrs). then I expect to see 2 TB events running a week.
  • Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    2 days in the idea that someone thought 12 hr back to back phases at a weekend was ever a good idea shows the players QOL never entered that thought process and it was all about the activity metrics at weekends
  • I agree with this thread. Our clan is all over the world. Plus, most of us have jobs. And spouses. And pets. And a myriad list of other things more important than this game.

Also, beds that require me to be in them for 6-10 hours once every 24 hours.
  • This is a great thread and a great idea that the Devs should see.

We need 24hrs to get everyone in and organized.

If the initial idea was to hold one TB a week, then 12hrs to 24hrs per Phase doesn't really affect that overall time frame or the frequency of the reward payout.
  • Mef1428 wrote: »
    He doesn't mean in the top 100. He actually means OUTSIDE of (or below) the top 100. If you read the OP, you can tell his first language isn't English.

Sorry for my English. I should read books instead of forum posts :)
  • anonim
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm not up to date with all the TB stuff but the way I see it is

- 12h/phase; 3 days per TB; 2 TBs per week; more rewards for us - I for one like more rewards since they were so kind as to shaft us with both HRS/S, CHan and the 100 crystals per day pack
    - 24h/phase - ok but then rewards need to be x2

Knowing them they'll do things in a way to shaft us the most, so this ... well is pointless

p.s. forgot to add ships .... since we have so many to choose from i love the LS restriction on them considering how tfp fotp vader boba maul and sun fac are usually core pilots in any fleet, ty for that one as well <3
  • +100 for 24 hours - no way can a guild leader organise the platoons, strategy and get all members on board in 12 hour phases. If the platoons stayed the same for each phase going forward it might be manageable but i believe these are random each time, so cant co-ordinate this prior to phase is open. 12 hour phases for my multi-national guild aint too bad from speaking to members due to my time being GMT therefore central but if at weekends at 12 hours a go i wouldnt get a weekend or i dont bother with tb as much as we dont maximise stars. 24 hours is much much better, gives all members a chance to come in without worrying too much and having a life/job outside game.
    Please EA do the sensible thing for once :)
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    anonim wrote: »
    I'm not up to date with all the TB stuff but the way I see it is

- 12h/phase; 3 days per TB; 2 TBs per week; more rewards for us - I for one like more rewards since they were so kind as to shaft us with both HRS/S, CHan and the 100 crystals per day pack
    - 24h/phase - ok but then rewards need to be x2
    They're only doing one Territory Battle per week, regardless of if it's 12 hour or 24 hour phases.

Given that there wil only ever be one per week, I see no reason not to make the phases as long as possible... Keep things stress free for everyone involved.

EDIT: In some interview somewhere, a CG dev bragged that the average player spends 3 hours a day in game--often doing nothing more than looking at their character collection, going back and forth from character to character. If their goal is to increase player engagement, keeping phases long gives me yet another thing to check in on from time to time to see how my friends are advancing. I know I spent probably 20 minutes throughout yesterday checking in just to see how close we were to the 3rd star.

(Wound up 8.1 million shy of 3*, which is good considering it's our first time!)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I agree! Please stick to 24h.
  • i agree that the 24hrs is better than a 12hrs. I don't see why this is a problem for CG. It's more CONTENT interaction for the player base. Why would you want to shorten event times that could be dragged out and milked to entertain people.

Unless CG plans to have 2-3 TB events a week. 6 days event is one a week. Which is a good pace. That's potentially 50 shards of ROLO.

Now if they plan to do 3 days (12hrs). then I expect to see 2 TB events running a week.

It'd be so much better to have two TB running concurrently with 24hr windows, than to have 2 TB running individually over 6 days with 12 hr windows
  • So if they go to 12 hour window, phase 3 would be 9pm to 9am on the east coast?
  • I agree with the above post: better have 2 TB running concurrently than sequentially.
  • Family, job, QOL?? What are these things. Star wars is all that matters. Happy force friday!!
  • Not to mention, this mode is asking for a lot of our time even as regular members. Some days I can only put in 40 mins and that's in 10-15 min increments. I know guild members who play as part of their commute and for the most part, that's it. If we only have 12 hours many players are going to be asked to choose between their dailies/raids and Territory battles.
    This was presented as more cooperative than competitive but so many aspects of it are inherently divisive.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Family, job, QOL?? What are these things. Star wars is all that matters. Happy force friday!!

Contribution time is unaffected by 12 vs. 24 hour windows. You might lose family time on the weekend, but would gain it back on weekdays. Actually, 12 hours might force you to occasionally miss contributions, meaning more time with your family. This comment makes no sense. In fact, the only way to make sense of most the comments about TB timing would be to assume we live in a world where you absolutely must contribute fully to every facet of the game. If that's how your guild runs, good for you, but the decision to prioritize Star Wars over family or other things was made by you and your guild, not CG/EA.

If you are in a militant guild that boots you out if you don't hit 600 tickets every day, miss a phase in TB now and then, etc., then that is your problem. I say move it to 12. The current pacing is getting kind of boring. 10-15 minutes of contribution then sit and wait.

If EA does keep it at 24, they'll probably make it harder, because it was likely tuned to a certain level assuming a certain degree of participation. No one seems to acknowledge this.

Edit: I am assuming you were being negative with your comment, rather than playful/sarcastic. If not, I apologize for my snark....though still happily direct it at others in this thread.
  • Swordd wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Family, job, QOL?? What are these things. Star wars is all that matters. Happy force friday!!

Contribution time is unaffected by 12 vs. 24 hour windows. You might lose family time on the weekend, but would gain it back on weekdays. Actually, 12 hours might force you to occasionally miss contributions, meaning more time with your family. This comment makes no sense. In fact, the only way to make sense of most the comments about TB timing would be to assume we live in a world where you absolutely must contribute fully to every facet of the game. If that's how your guild runs, good for you, but the decision to prioritize Star Wars over family or other things was made by you and your guild, not CG/EA.

If you are in a militant guild that boots you out if you don't hit 600 tickets every day, miss a phase in TB now and then, etc., then that is your problem. I say move it to 12. The current pacing is getting kind of boring. 10-15 minutes of contribution then sit and wait.

If EA does keep it at 24, they'll probably make it harder, because it was likely tuned to a certain level assuming a certain degree of participation. No one seems to acknowledge this.

Edit: I am assuming you were being negative with your comment, rather than playful/sarcastic. If not, I apologize for my snark....though still happily direct it at others in this thread.

I was only half joking ; honestly 24hr seems a little slow.
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    +1 for keeping it 24 hours/phase. I'll miss half the phases due to my work schedule if it goes to 12 hours/phase. This doesn't seem fair to the guild that I helped bring to HAAT after blood, sweat and tears.
  • Or, they could just open the Territory Battle for every guild once a week and allow each guild to finish at their own pace.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I agree.
    And please also adjust the rewards.
    If we get 10k tokens, if we have 4x3 days TB per month, we should get 10k tokens as well for 2x6 days TB per month
  • I was thinking like:
    Divide the whole TB into two parts
    Then have 1-3 phase for 24h/phase on Friday, Saturday, Sunday
    After phase 3 get rewarded for the stars collected in phases 1-3.
    Then next week
    4-6 phase for 24h/phase
    Then get rewarded for the stars collected in only phases 4-6.

Currently I cant think better alternative.
  • As long as we all have the same rules, what difference does it make?
  • DarkReaper
    63 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Agree with both hands. 24h phases are perfect. Not forget there is Tank and Rancor somewhere in between and not all guilds finish it in 1h.

If we would have 12h slots and TB runs on weekend I would have to take this time from my family. During week I can play on the train.
  • Ehhh, I'm super glad they changed it to 24 hrs to start, but it's gonna get routine and repetitive where there's not gonna be that much coordination needed. Right now we're all learning it and trying really hard to figure out how to maximize our efforts. After a month, we'll all have it down.

Think about Haat, took so much planning and coordination to pull off, but as soon as you beat it a couple times, it's a cakewalk and super routine, takes zero coordination. Obviously TB is a bit more in depth, but I think after a month it won't be so bad. Only thing I'm worried about is some of my guilds less active members that they don't get in their troops and attacks on time.
  • TonyVisor wrote: »
    So if they go to 12 hour window, phase 3 would be 9pm to 9am on the east coast?
    Sort of. You got the times right, but the phase wrong. Assuming your guild founder is in the Pacific time zone, for you, on the East coast, phase 1 would be 9:00am to 9:00pm Friday, phase 2 would be 9:00pm to 9:00am Friday-Saturday, and phase 3 would be 9:00am to 9:00pm Saturday.

Territory Battles start at 6:00am in the time zone your guild's founder lives in. So if your guild founder was in the East coast with you, then everything would run on the 6:00s. If they're Pacific, everything would run on the 9:00s for you.
    theHejiN wrote: »
    I agree.
    And please also adjust the rewards.
    If we get 10k tokens, if we have 4x3 days TB per month, we should get 10k tokens as well for 2x6 days TB per month
    It looks like the plan is to have four 6-day Territory Battles per month, so there's no need to adjust rewards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • +1 For keeping 24 hour phases. Who ever had the crazy idea of six 12 hour phases does not live in the real world.
  • Sorry dont get it... you do a couple battles.. platoon a few more... deploy the rest

Whole thing takes 15mins... personally frustrated that after that i have to wait 24 hours to do anything more
  • @Saraleb
    If your guild is outside of top 100 GP leaderboard, and you want to maximize your rewards, your guild needs to maximize the number of combat battles succeeded.

As you sound really smart, you can think of cases when your guildmates would not be able to do their combat missions, thus not reaching their maximum point possible.