IG-88 = High Dodge?

I think it's high time this issue was addressed. IG-88 is described as "high dodge" in his description. Yet his dodge rating sits at 0.

He doesn't even come with any sort of evasion buff. This issue has been stagnant since launch, despite characters being introduced and going the full cycle of buff>nerf>buff. For heavens sake, a character that was more prevalent with higher innate survivability with no advertised dodge boost, was buffed to dodge more (Sidious).

Considering the recent unfair sucker punch droid teams have received with the unheralded Poe triple nerf, I think a fair act of compensation would be to simply allow IG-88 to dodge at a higher rate as he was advertised to do. Perhaps at the same rate as Sidious against Jedi, except against all toons (minus anti-droid characters like Jawas).

This would make droid teams somewhat viable in the high-level arena endgame, as we all know that in the current meta, IG-88 is taken out in the very first attack, and with it all hope of Droid teams mustering a semblance of a chance on defence.

What do you guys think? Someone hotlink EA_Jesse in here to see if this fix is in the works or not.

Replies

• I think the description should change and IG-88 should stay without any dodge ability. He is a droid after all. They can't move like Sidious can, besides the droids are already a menace as it is.
  • I think the description should change and IG-88 should stay without any dodge ability. He is a droid after all. They can't move like Sidious can, besides the droids are already a menace as it is.

Why a menace? hK is a joke and with a fast team (any combinarion of 17 chars that go before the Droids or Poe) IG-88 is without any doubt or chance dead. Once he is dead, there are only 2 droids and only 1 does damage and has no AoE.

With the right team, the droids have 100% chance to lose both on offense and defense.

Let me translate this: Droid teams ALWAYS LOSE versus a well equiped fast team. 100% of the time. Without exception.

Corolary: in a mature server (an every server gets there soon enough) LOSING to a Droids team is voluntary masochism.
  • He is basically a weaker and slower version of Geno, even after bonus from Lobot/Poggle lead. Still a strong character, don't get me wrong. Just no reason to have him over GS unless droid is your theme.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    I think it's high time this issue was addressed. IG-88 is described as "high dodge" in his description. Yet his dodge rating sits at 0.

He doesn't even come with any sort of evasion buff. This issue has been stagnant since launch, despite characters being introduced and going the full cycle of buff>nerf>buff. For heavens sake, a character that was more prevalent with higher innate survivability with no advertised dodge boost, was buffed to dodge more (Sidious).

Considering the recent unfair sucker punch droid teams have received with the unheralded Poe triple nerf, I think a fair act of compensation would be to simply allow IG-88 to dodge at a higher rate as he was advertised to do. Perhaps at the same rate as Sidious against Jedi, except against all toons (minus anti-droid characters like Jawas).

This would make droid teams somewhat viable in the high-level arena endgame, as we all know that in the current meta, IG-88 is taken out in the very first attack, and with it all hope of Droid teams mustering a semblance of a chance on defence.

What do you guys think? Someone hotlink EA_Jesse in here to see if this fix is in the works or not.

Just from reading your title you made me happy. The high dodge is the only thing that can make droids viable if only to at least have a chance on a lucky day.

Now that Poe can't help vs fast teams, his dodge is not just needed...it's the only thing that can save them.
  • He is basically a weaker and slower version of Geno, even after bonus from Lobot/Poggle lead. Still a strong character, don't get me wrong. Just no reason to have him over GS unless droid is your theme.

I think you got him mixed up with IG-86 friend.
  • Toolio wrote: »
    He is basically a weaker and slower version of Geno, even after bonus from Lobot/Poggle lead. Still a strong character, don't get me wrong. Just no reason to have him over GS unless droid is your theme.

I think you got him mixed up with IG-86 friend.

My B. I have assist on the brain.

• Abit off topic but has anyone ever seen how assassin droids can move, they're like ninjas they should have extreme evasion.

Why a menace? hK is a joke and with a fast team (any combinarion of 17 chars that go before the Droids or Poe) IG-88 is without any doubt or chance dead. Once he is dead, there are only 2 droids and only 1 does damage and has no AoE.

With the right team, the droids have 100% chance to lose both on offense and defense.

Let me translate this: Droid teams ALWAYS LOSE versus a well equiped fast team. 100% of the time. Without exception.

Corolary: in a mature server (an every server gets there soon enough) LOSING to a Droids team is voluntary masochism.

None of this is true. You are prone to overexaggeration. Droids lose on defense vs QGJ Lead teams, or Ackbar leaded teams. On offense, Droids act at speed 149.

What you can't do is to expect build a group of 5 guys, and keep them that way forever. The meta evolves and you have to evolve with the meta. Drop the Poggle-Poe-3 robots combo, and the droids are fine

• Bump so hopefully a dev notices this issue
  • Triqui wrote: »
    I think the description should change and IG-88 should stay without any dodge ability. He is a droid after all. They can't move like Sidious can, besides the droids are already a menace as it is.

None of this is true. You are prone to overexaggeration. Droids lose on defense vs QGJ Lead teams, or Ackbar leaded teams. On offense, Droids act at speed 149.

What you can't do is to expect build a group of 5 guys, and keep them that way forever. The meta evolves and you have to evolve with the meta. Drop the Poggle-Poe-3 robots combo, and the droids are fine

I'm curious where you got 149 from. Correct me if I'm wrong but even with Lobot lead they wouldn't be that fast. Unless you are talking about Geonosian Soldier. He has 149 speed.
  • As far as dodge goes all characters have zero

99.9%
  • bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Abit off topic but has anyone ever seen how assassin droids can move, they're like ninjas they should have extreme evasion.

Yeah. And ig88 should be even more ninja like as he is two models up and even was hired by Vader.
  • 88 SERIOUSLY needs his dodge ability. Otherwise he is just a worthless sitting target
  • I'm glad you brought this up as Ive been wondering about it since the game launch and when I bought the Droid pack.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    88 does not need any buff at all. He already hits for the biggest aoe in the entire game
    I think the description should change and IG-88 should stay without any dodge ability. He is a droid after all. They can't move like Sidious can, besides the droids are already a menace as it is.

They go same speed defense or offense, but AI a bit dumb. Agree they should not win all the time. I think 88 needs high dodge vs Jedis and a 15% damage nerf. Suggesting this is an invitation to further destroy him lol. iG-88 woukd be nice also with some ability tonstealth, even if 25%.

One of the things many mentioned is speed/assist and that on defense evryone loses is making the game a little boring/pointless

• Anyone stating Droids can maintain rank are not on a evolved server. We are being forced onto the qui gon train just like everyone else.
  • Noktarn wrote: »
    Anyone stating Droids can maintain rank are not on a evolved server. We are being forced onto the qui gon train just like everyone else.

+1...IG-88 is dead always vs QGJ speed teams

Anyone stating Droids can maintain rank are not on a evolved server. We are being forced onto the qui gon train just like everyone else.

Whats the QGJ speed team?

Whats the QGJ speed team?

QGJ Lead + Jedi

I'm curious where you got 149 from. Correct me if I'm wrong but even with Lobot lead they wouldn't be that fast. Unless you are talking about Geonosian Soldier. He has 149 speed.

Talking about Geonosian Soldier, yes. He acts, the guy he calls in assist also act if crit. That's a minimum of 2 moves at 149 speed. If the guy you called is IG86, he calls another guy, making it 3 guys. If the guy called is IG88 or HK47, they AOE, and hopefully get 3+ crits and act again. Not difficult at all make 3 moves at 149 speed, and that's what most teams hope for. A few teams purposelly built for speed, such as Jedi fast QGJ teams or Rebel teams can go faster, but it is not bad

All teams have a character dead vs QGJ speed teams. Losing a character is not an automatic defeat. It is, if you insist to live in January 2016 and use only 2 threats in a team, with HK, Poggle and Poe all using space. Then yes, they kill IG88 and you are toast. And that's when you defend, as when you attack QGJ will target randomly and might very well hit HK47 instead of 88..

Fortunately, it is possible to leave past behind, and try new things. Like adding GS or QGJ or both to your Droid team. Or adding Dooku to stun QGJ. We see teams now, having Dooku as a 6th man is a great plan.

The beauty of post-Poe meta, is tthat we are not locked into 5 man teams that you don't need to change, ever, no matter of what. It'll be a bit silly to develop a "gotta catch them all" game like this, and then make collecting different characters useless because Poe is the answer to every question, and you just need to focus on 3 droids, Poggle and Poe and never ever change anything in your team for the span of the game life.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    They go same speed defense or offense, but AI a bit dumb. Agree they should not win all the time. I think 88 needs high dodge vs Jedis and a 15% damage nerf. Suggesting this is an invitation to further destroy him lol. iG-88 woukd be nice also with some ability tonstealth, even if 25%.

One of the things many mentioned is speed/assist and that on defense evryone loses is making the game a little boring/pointless

Devs have stated that the current ability to defend positions is in a status they like. They don't want the AI to be too good, because that will lead to strong defending teams not losing the position much, and to stagnant Arena rankings. When I was leveling, we had a player paying a lot of crystals to stay ahead in levels and power, and he was pretty much unbeatable, hold the 1 spot from lvl 1 to 70. Then people started to catch him at lvl 70 because he couldn't keep ahead and now he is like 55 or so, and the top of the rank is much more flexible, with constant changes and different people trying to get it. The ability to defeat teams stronger than you when you control the chars make people to try and shoot for the #1 spot, or try to be top10 instead of top 20 or top 100 instead of top200 or whatever they place in the food chain is, and that's good for the game

Speed+assist probably need a balancing patch. But that will affect Droids as much as everyone else.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Let me translate this: Droid teams ALWAYS LOSE versus a well equiped fast team. 100% of the time.

Droid team is a trio of droids led by HK. It may be accompanied by two fast dps or 1 fast dps and Dooku (against QGJ teams)
  • Bostonmess
    176 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Good posts Triqui.
    I like the current status as well.
    There are counters to everything, just change the squad.
    Poe - Poggle - droids trouble? Bring a swift QGJ led team with Yoda, Rey ...
    Dooku and GS combined with AOEs (Sid, Ren, 88) is great against QGJ, Rey, Yoda teams.
    Counter teams with 5s, Dooku, and nowadays Opress are a great option against AOEs
    and so on ...
    Game becomes more and more the rock-paper-scissors, as it should be

I got like 15 out 20 using qui gon. The other 3 is hk and one poggle and Dooku as lead. The Droids stay at least on the top twenty. Wish I could look at there teams but I'm only top 200 as of late.
  • Phasma's ability was brought in line with the ability description, not the other way around. Why wouldn't it be the case with ig88? The description says high dodge. That wasn't an arbitrary description thrown in to take up space.

His HP allows 1-3 hit kill depending on the attacker. If her were able to evade occasionally he may survive the first wave of attacks to actually contribute to damage.

I think a lot of people wait for hk47 to meatbag before they use ig88s AOE anyway, which most of the time is too late because the enemy has already had 3 full turns.
  • Yeah IG88 NEEDS HIS DODGES!
  • It's not like we are asking for an unwarranted buff, just for him to do as he is advertised.

It will might make people think twice and strategise more when facing a droid squad instead of automatically HARMONIOUS STRIKE--->It's a critical hit!--->IG-88 has been vaporised.