Hoth Rebel Soldier Territory Battle Requirements - UPDATE 9/1/17

Replies

• Definitely a good call! To everyone who panic farmed to 7*... Sorry, you win some you lose some.

I love how they didn't use the word "back" in the announcement though. Change the requirements back to 5 stars.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Rest assured, that CG made the right call here. Thank you for doing that.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    :D

Plz line up to return shards n crystals here.... orderly fashion o:)

200.gif
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • shame on you EA!
  • Thank you devs! returning the requirements for ROLO to 5* is the right move, and very appreciated. Previously I had always thought the devs/mods here to be fair with changes and such, but this change to 7* stood out, and the response (or lack of response) really made me feel cheated.

This has now been handled excellently, and hopefully we have all learned something going forward.
  • Kelthuzad
    343 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Kudos Devs - confused about the requirements yesterday, had to vent my "anger", confused about you switching it back today - to be honest: i did not expect that. Thanks for listening to us! I know 95% Forum posts are complaints and it is not always easy having to read our more or less constructive opinions. Also i want to praise you for not just reading and hiding afterwards, but for reading and talking to us. Keep up the good work! I really enjoy having many new tasks now due to Territory Battles. Cheers Kel and the DeathStarDesigners Alliance

Alliance Leader and Leader of DeathStarVentDesigners - Discord App: Kelthuzad#5528

DeathStarVentDesigners | DeathStarPortDesigners | DeathStarDelinquents | DeathStarRebelWranglers | DeathStarDarkKnights | DeathStarReactorDesigners | DeathStarGermanOrder | DeathStarHumanResources | Aussie Battlers | Terra
  • So, is it 5* for both HRSoldier and Cap. Han, or is it 5* for the first and 7* for the latter?
    Im confused.
  • Thank you for making this change. Your communication and response (s) have been great. Thanks!!
  • So, is it 5* for both HRSoldier and Cap. Han, or is it 5* for the first and 7* for the latter?
    Im confused.

@Ben_Sunwalker 5* for both
  • Now people will complain that they got cheated because they stopped farming hrs thinking they couldn't get 7* in time, but could have gotten 5* had they known it would get changed back...lol
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    It's a nice step for sure, but there are still many aspects of the latest update that need to be looked at.

G12 needing 7* for no actual reason is one of them.

Not making gear below 12 more available despite constantly requiring new characters to be geared for new content is another.

I am grateful for the work and the understanding, but unfortunately it still doesn't take away all the flaws that were recently made.
  • praise the lord! hallelujah!
  • Thank you @CG_Carrie and all of the CG you are doing an amazing job bravo.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you. I mean it, lol
  • Thank you CG. You did the right thing.
  • Thank you for listening.
  • @CG_RyDiggs and @CG_Carrie In both the clarification thread and other places I have been quite adversarial and harsh. I apologize, as you have clearly heard the request for fair play and acted in good faith. I appreciate all your hard work and realize that the decisions made in the game are not entirely yours, and that you work with a team and with superiors and you are likely just baring much of the brunt of decisions that you did not make. Thank you for all your work on a game I dearly love and have played since 2015 (which is why I sometimes get a little overly passionate about it).

Thank you once again to and your team for ultimately doing what was fair and best for the game in the long run. My wallet is back open for business. My tone, moving forward, will be more...trusting. Have an excellent weekend.

May the force be with you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Im confused.

@Ben_Sunwalker 5* for both

Yeah, thanks. I reread the OP and it seems it's a 5* requirement for both (HRSoldier and Cap. Han).

I only have HRSoldier at 5*, and I havent even unlocked Captain, but I'm sad with this change.
    I like a challenge, and I felt 7* was reasonable.
    Well, it is what it is, the complainers had their way. I just wish that those same complainers would refund the 500 crystals and the 30 shards.
  • @CG_RyDiggs just a quick one, ion cannon level 3 is incorrectly stating it starts on cool down in the platoon.
  • Waez wrote: »
    It's a nice step for sure, but there are still many aspects of the latest update that need to be looked at.

G12 needing 7* for no actual reason is one of them.

Not making gear below 12 more available despite constantly requiring new characters to be geared for new content is another.

I am grateful for the work and the understanding, but unfortunately it still doesn't take away all the flaws that were recently made.

There remain many many issues that I think need to be worked on. As Scuba has said before there should have been some type of clarification as people were posting numerous times. Like I said great first step. But the journey is far from over. Really really hope we can continue and try to make this site much better.
  • @CG_Carrie I love you !

Even if you're just the messenger or not
  • Thank you for listening to the community, and most importantly communicating. There were a lot of harsh comments, but you guys kept responding. It's refreshing, and goes a long way towards establishing trust.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • I understand that gameplay that we saw might not have been final and like you said it wasn't really marked as "work in progress", but did you really think that changing requirement from 5 stars to 7 would make us happy.

Pro tip: Next time show us that we need 7 stars characters/ships in the beta material and the change to 5 stars or sometnig like that, you will look much better.
  • Very much appreciated. Thank you VERY much! :)
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • THANK YOU!!!!!

And those who complain about getting them to 7*. Guess what, your GP is higher and TB is a tiny bit easier with more 7* rebels. Stop asking for compensation. You have less things to farm/work on now.
  • Thank you for changing this back. I hope someone in the higher up admin chain calls each of the involved Gamechangers personally to apologize. They worked really hard to present this information, helping both CG and the players, and they didn't deserve that kind of treatment.

Also, I really feel one of the only saving graces was the fact that CG_Dan was interviewed by MobileGamer in his video. CG_Dan himself didn't even contradict comments on the ROLO requirements or even stress the "dev build" escape door they tried to just pull on us.

I think the Gamechangers should take note and make sure to ask the right questions in all future exclusive content to protect their reputations from any future defamation should something like this happen again.
  • And what of the LS only ship requirement?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    What I don't understand is after the release of video's there were tons of post specifically calling out what was needed for TB phases and battles many people made nice charts and spread sheets, asked for dev comments on this stuff.
    Not one time did anyone with the CG_xxxxx come out and say "things in the video could change and all those "requirements" could change. I think there were plenty of opportunities before the actual release to clear the air and I hope in future clarification to all the speculation is given sooner rather than later.
    I understand that details can't be given a head of time however with lack of information players will turn to what ever they can as an official source.

Just my thoughts on it.

scuba that's pretty much what they've said, am happy with that, you should be too. They've reverted to the advertised requirements.

I am neither happy nor mad about it.
    What they said and did has nothing to do with my comments or statement. I was giving advice on what they may consider doing in the future and that is stopping the rumors and speculation about specifics early on and not just letting it escalate like it did.
  • Wow thank you for listening to the community. It is much appreciated