PSA: HRS in Bronzium Packs

Prev1
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in a prior forum post but;

For those who have a lot of AP to spend, there is a chance to get HRS in the bronzium packs. He is listed under the "Possible Characters".

Good luck farming!

Replies

• He's in there but all I get is scout :'(
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I used up over 1m ally points on bronziums like a week ago in hopes of getting HRSoldier, I ended up with 49/50 didnt even get him unlocked lmao
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i think the probability to get him is just very low. i don't think i've even ever gotten his character, only 1 shard at a time... which i guess is... still mildly faster than just that single hard node?
  • Ouch, I managed to unlock him over the time I've played... I still have 1.1m AP, it's doubtful we can get 7* all through bronziums, but it may help for those getting close haha
  • Used 500 K got zero. Don't get your hopes up. But did find a lot of very useful stuff besides him.
  • Athusk wrote: »
    Ouch, I managed to unlock him over the time I've played... I still have 1.1m AP, it's doubtful we can get 7* all through bronziums, but it may help for those getting close haha

Thankfully you only need 5* now.
  • Went from 84/85 to 50/100 yesterday through 10.3k of bronzium. Yes, ten. Full toon and one shard. Luuuucky.
  • In the almost year that I've been playing I've gotten less than 5 shards of him from bronziums. About 10 scout. So yeah, don't get your hopes up.
  • Synric wrote: »
    In the almost year that I've been playing I've gotten less than 5 shards of him from bronziums. About 10 scout. So yeah, don't get your hopes up.

Yeah, fortunately we only need 5* now I suppose.
  • Funny story. When palpatine originally dropped. Both HRS were part of my 7s squad to max him (used lando lead, STH, and Leia along with them). The event was painfully difficult because of my decision to max and gear those two to gear 10. Now I'm kinda grateful for my sillyness.
  • I already had him 5* before there was any indication he might be important to TB, all from bronziums (I assume). I certainly never made any effort to farm him.
  • Funny story. When palpatine originally dropped. Both HRS were part of my 7s squad to max him (used lando lead, STH, and Leia along with them). The event was painfully difficult because of my decision to max and gear those two to gear 10. Now I'm kinda grateful for my sillyness.

Yeah, this is one of those games where almost everything will be useful at some point. (Although I think I'll die waiting on CUP's time to shine)
  • With absolutely no real data other then talking with 20 or so players... it feels like the game 'elects' certain toons in the Bronziums and becomes hell-bent on making sure you get them. I have Poggle, 2/100, Ewok scout at 66/100, Jedi Guardian @ 25/100, and a 7* Snow Trooper right now, all from Bronziums - never farmed.

Mean while I had all of 5 HRS shards before TB was announced.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • PSA: HRS is the acronym for more than 1 character. ;)
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Push2Stops wrote: »
    PSA: HRS is the acronym for more than 1 character. ;)
    PSA has 223 Acronyms - not least of which is Prostate Specific Antigen

tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • With absolutely no real data other then talking with 20 or so players... it feels like the game 'elects' certain toons in the Bronziums and becomes hell-bent on making sure you get them. I have Poggle, 2/100, Ewok scout at 66/100, Jedi Guardian @ 25/100, and a 7* Snow Trooper right now, all from Bronziums - never farmed.

Mean while I had all of 5 HRS shards before TB was announced.

I also have no real data, but I've noticed the complete characters I get most out of bronzium packs are the 1* and 2* characters (far more heavily-biased towards 1*s). When it comes to the 1 shard you get out packs, it seems about even.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I had a 5 star HRSo, all from Bronziums. He's 6 stars and climbing since then with the sole hard node.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Push2Stops wrote: »

tenor.gif
    Since you had to go there...

PSA is not an Acronym, it is an abbreviation.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.
  • Simply realize, there is no HRSo... I mean spoon.
  • Get real.
  • If theres a 'special' it will cost
  • I got a full unlock of Soldier about 2 weeks ago so he is definitely there but very uncommon
  • For some reason he's always been very common in there for me. I never even payed attention until I found out he was required for TB, and he was already sitting at ~70/85 six star, despite never having farmed him. It's this type of thing that just highlights how lazily the mechanics in the game are designed. Game design too hard, just slap some sort of RNG on the problem and call it a day.
  • O got him from there and thankfully he is 5* now :)
  • best of luck opening those packs
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Anything helps...

I did 400k and got 6 shards... (lots of other stuff though)
  • Greeboy
    36 posts Member
    edited September 2017

tenor.gif

1. All acronyms are abbreviations.
    2. If PSA stands for public service announcement... 1 letter from each word... it's an acronym, but if you refer to 1. It's technically an abbreviation too.
    3. Given the above he is correct and you are both correct (calling it an abbreviation) and incorrect (saying it's not an acronym).

• Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Greeboy wrote: »

tenor.gif

2. If PSA stands for public service announcement... 1 letter from each word... it's an acronym, but if you refer to 1. It's technically an abbreviation too.
    3. Given the above he is correct and you are both correct (calling it an abbreviation) and incorrect (saying it's not an acronym).

NATO, FUBAR, OPEC, ****, Chaze, Wiggs, etc. etc. are all acronyms. Acronyms are abbreviations that are pronounced together as a new word.

CNN, CBS, ESPN, CLS, HRS, GK are abreviations and do not make a new word.

HRS is an abbreviation, not an acronym.

edit: why is Islamic State of Iraq and Syria being filtered? Seriously, the filter, simma down now.
  • i have gotten a full toon hrs just a few days ago. used 100k ally points. now at 114/185
  • Push2Stops wrote: »

tenor.gif

All acronyms are abbreviations, not all abbreviations are acronyms.

It's possible you're thinking of anagrams, which are an entirely different thing but sound similar.
    Greeboy wrote: »

tenor.gif

NATO, FUBAR, OPEC, ****, Chaze, Wiggs, etc. etc. are all acronyms. Acronyms are abbreviations that are pronounced together as a new word.

CNN, CBS, ESPN, CLS, HRS, GK are abreviations and do not make a new word.

HRS is an abbreviation, not an acronym.

edit: why is Islamic State of Iraq and Syria being filtered? Seriously, the filter, simma down now.
    NATO FUBAR OPEC are acronyms, yes.
    Chaze and Wiggs are portmaneaus. (Or portmanteux if you want to be FANCY)
    CNN CBS CLS HRS GK are initialisms.
    HRS is an initialism.

All acronyms are abbreviations, not all abbreviations are acronyms.
    All acronyms are initialisms, not all initialisms are acronyms.

If you take the first letter of each word to make an abbreviation (GK) it is an initialism. If that initialism makes a word that's pronounceable in your language (OPEC) then that initialism is an acronym. But, strictly speaking, since an acronym is a word that's named for its initials, "Gee Kay" is an acronym, even if it looks like "GK" when you type it out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.