What jedi team did you beat tier 7 yoda with. ...

Prev1
For the past 3 days I've been reading thread on how frustrating(impossible) this yoda Events.....now it's not easy, which is a good thing , but it's far from impossible.
Took me about 30 mins to beat yoda, with barris and kit Fisto ar his side(after a few retreats with barris n other jedi, kit was by far the weakest jedi I was able to pair with barris. (Even seemed weaker then gaurdian jedi)).
From my small sample size of battles, you'll need all the evades you can get (was the same for me in tier 6) so here's my team,
Luminara (lead)
Qgj
Kit Fisto
Jc
Ahsoka

Wonder if anyone has beat it with barris in place of fisto. Also hoping to help others find there best possible team....my line ID is, trojanjoe1 if.you'd like to see the vid of my yoda battle

Replies

• Fighton wrote: »
    For the past 3 days I've been reading thread on how frustrating(impossible) this yoda Events.....now it's not easy, which is a good thing , but it's far from impossible.
    Took me about 30 mins to beat yoda, with barris and kit Fisto ar his side(after a few retreats with barris n other jedi, kit was by far the weakest jedi I was able to pair with barris. (Even seemed weaker then gaurdian jedi)).
    From my small sample size of battles, you'll need all the evades you can get (was the same for me in tier 6) so here's my team,
    Luminara (lead)
    Qgj
    Kit Fisto
    Jc
    Ahsoka

Wonder if anyone has beat it with barris in place of fisto. Also hoping to help others find there best possible team....my line ID is, trojanjoe1 if.you'd like to see the vid of my yoda battle

I won't have the luxury of mix and match Jedi. I'll have Lumi, QGJ, JC, Koth and Mace. I think Mace is the weak spot, since he'll possibly expose Yoda and trigger his tenacity leader trait. Think I'm screwed? I hope they tone it down by the next release or they're gonna have another community backlash when all the F2P people have a team like mine at 7*
  • So.... you used the AI Barriss exploit to win? Sure, everyone seems to be using the stupid AI to win, same as you, but do you really think that won't be fixed at some point?

Starring up a Jedi team for the sole purpose of beating 7* on this premise is really bad advice. If the devs fix this exploit your team won't work.

If Yoda is not capable of being exploited to half health it means the fight goes on at least twice as long, you cannot expect the dodge percentages to hold up for this amount of time.

The logical solution is Barriss as leader for the massive health buffer, but even then I'm not sure it'll be enough to beat this encounter straight-up.

Can this encounter be beaten without exploiting the AI with Barriss? That team would be worth listing.
  • Barriss (L) Ashoka JC Luminara QGJ. All max gear 8 but Ashoke gear 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRXLhr8raQ
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • I dont think Barris is s exploit. Using the bugged AI is s exploit, tho
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Barris (L). Lumi, JC, QGJ, Kit

All gear 8. Leader skill Max. Basic attacks min lev 5. Healing skills 4-5. Rest skills 3-4.

Took the Barris, Kit combo and the equalization helped a lot. I won at the 400th try....

NEVER USE Ben or Ayala - yoda gets krit and offense up when u use them and instakill your chars....
  • I do not have barriss at all and only have 2* fisto so will need to use EC in his place, will I still be able to beat it?
  • I am farming them up very quickly so will have them for next event but so far I have
    QGJ 3* 15/30
    Ahsoka 3* 5/30
    Luminara 5* 45/85
    JC 4* 50/65
    EC 3* 15/30
  • Lumi(L), QGJ, Mace, JC, Kit(MVP).
    Most abilities for Mace, JC at 3(save for JC heal). Faced Bariss/Ima with Yoda(didn't realize how much the forum hated on people using enemy bariss as a tactic). Spent longer than I'd care to admit on it.
  • i think i beat it when he had ima gun di and OB at his side. used Lumi lead, mace, qgj, aayala, Ob.
    focused down yoda as fast as i could, dispeled him when he used masterstroke to self buff, and got lucky that he nuked OB first. got lucky with alot of dodges and him attacking aayala to clear forsight. fight is lots and lots of RNG.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    People can be mad about the barris tactic all they want, its using the ability that's there, to your advantage. And I can't see the devs removing barris from the event. That would be a very bad move. That's one good thing about these forums, we find out lil tricks, methods , yes even true exploits and share them with the masses.

And like stated many above, being able to evade alot of those yoda attacks, are huge. If not for the rng gods, there no way I would of beat it....
  • I'm not sure what this "Barriss Exploit" is.. but if you're all talking about the strategy where you leverage her AI to use her balance heal to further weaken Yoda that's NO exploit. That's obvious strategy and anyone claiming it as an exploit doesn't know what their talking about. I still can't beat Yoda Tier 7 and I've been trying all weekend and I have 7, 7* Jedi.

I definitely have to agree with Fighton about the evades. I started the event with only 5 7* Jedi. My Barriss is still currently 5* I can't seem to get a single bit of luck getting Shards for her. Not from battles or cards. I've tried Lum in the front but after assessing I couldn't get enough damage dished out (I'm level 67, all purple gear almost full) I decided to switch tactics and pump up Mace to see if I could leverage his Vaapad to leader and use that 20% offense to my advantage. It works against the other Jedi paired with Yoda great... but Yoda himself is just a **** tank.

Currently I'm using Mace, Lum, Consular, Kit, and QGJ. Mace does some decent consistent damage as my lead at about 3500+ basic strike but because he's slow I can't get him to attack before Yoda has him buried in 2 turns. I have Aayla at 7* but I need to get her gear up. she's only VI. I'm highly disappointed in the amount of FAIL I get from QGJ's Humbling Blow to convert the positive effects to Offense Up. When Lum is my lead it works about 50% of the time, but anyone else and it fails consistently.

Ultimately, I think it really does come down to "lucky math". The closest I came to winning was having Yoda just in the red but then he pulled his famous "wipe out your party" **** because everyone I had was below half and we all know what happens when Yoda kills a team member he gets to attack again... and again...

In the end, my best party is going to be Lum (lead), Aayla, Kit, QGJ, Consular (If my Barriss was 7* I'd swap her in here) you need those heals and the evades. I've lasted longest with this party. I just wish I had threw in all the mats I had this weekend to max Lum lead instead of investing in Mace. Kit may be weak but with him and Aayla running counter, maybe I'll get some Lucky Math and they can dispell that foresight that keeps getting in the way of my heavy hitters (Lum and QGJ).
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • jordissim
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just beat Yoda in Tier 7 with Luminara (leader), Qui-Gon Jinn, Ashoka Tano, Kit Fisto and Barriss Offee. My Jedi were not that great, since I have systematically spent the Ability Mats I have obtained to try to make most of my players pretty rounded-up. So I fought Yoda with an average Mat ability of 4-5, in one case as low as 3 (not Luminara, maxed out in everything).

However, I believe Fighton's team should be much more reliable, so I would suggest to substitute Barriss Offee for the Jedi Consular. He presents more fighting opportunities, and in case Yoda's mass attack brings down most of your party's HP, Barriss Offee is not that useful. Luckily (and it was luck indeed), it took me more or less as long as it took him, fighting against Yoda, Aayla (who BTW almost managed to wreck havoc in my files with her counterattacks) and Barriss Offee, exploiting the AI's poor judgement with the later.

For those who might have not understood the so-called "Barriss Exploit" gambit, it's pretty simple indeed. It's nigh impossible to beat Yoda in Tier 7 except when Barriss is one of his side-kicks.
    Most people focus directly on Yoda (it would seem the most logical thing to do, after all: get rid as soon as possible of the strongest player in the field, and then wipe out the remaining two). Yet again, Yoda is almost invincible. After a few tries I only managed to get his HP to yellow a few times, and to red just once, yet by that time my team was so decimated I stood no chance whatsoever, and got wiped out.
    So the trick is to halve Yoda's HP by other means, although admittedly not very elegant (welcome to the Dark Side):
    • Forfeit any game in which Barriss is not present. Well, that is, unless you have masochistic tendencies. Trust me: you just can't win that way (or so I believe: if someone's managed to do it, please share).
      /Addendum: Comments posted after this one have proven me wrong, it seems that is far from impossible to beat 7* Yoda without using the "Barriss Exploit", and I'm glad for it; it proves that the EA guys have actually manufactured a game that is better than I initially gave them credit for./
    • If Barriss accompanies Yoda, then forget about him and divide your attacks more or less equally between her and the other Jedi in play.
    • Manage to get them both, just before one of Barriss Offee's attacks, in the red spectrum of their HP.
    • The AI acts very lamely here: Barriss will use her HP equalizer power, dramatically lowering Yoda's life.
    • Now it's the time to go "all in": attack Yoda with everything you have. Chances are, you will beat him fairly easily as long as you have managed to keep some balance over your own healing powers throughout the game, and have at least one character (be it Jedi Consular, Luminara, or Barriss) ready to boost the health of your remaining players.
    • Now that Yoda's gone, Barriss and her companion don't stand a chance. Go get them, and collect your 100 shards to raise Yoda to his full potential (and gear him up to Level IX, he's one of the two top players who can get there under the current restriction posed by a maximum 70th level). As a side-effect, you will also receive 5 very valuable shards for Darth Vader: they allowed me to bring him to Level 5 (still not much, but I hope we'll all eventually get to enjoy his skills as a Level 7 character).

A slight off-topic:

I feel obliged to admit that Yoda is a very good character, but not that good. It easily ranks among the top ten, but I still will choose Darth Sidious, First Order Tie Fighter, Princess Leia, Count Dooku and Poe Dameron every single time: they build a fearsome team in the Arena (I've been more often than not leading the ranks for the past month and a half or so, and you will see how the top 5 players use variants on this strategy). For the Galactic War, my advice is different: get all healers in, led by Luminara, plus FOTF. Weaken the enemy when they seem too strong with well built synergic teams in suicidal missions, and proceed to wipe out the remains with your base choice. It's been over two months since I was unable to finish a Galactic War, and the added bonus of 4-5 free daily Tier III Ability Mats is something worth taking into account.

I hope this helps, especially now that time is running extremely short with the whole Yoda Challenge! Remember: One day and a few hours to go!

P.S.: Forgive my poor English, it's not my native language, nor even my third. Trying to improve, though.
    Regards, fellow players!
    Post edited by jordissim on

Art is perfection. Perfection is e^(iπ)+1=0
  • @jordissim, may all english speaking humans be as bad at the language as you are. Very well written post, and thanks for the clear explanations.
  • I beat 7* Yoda with --
    Barris (lead), QGJ, Lumi, Fisto, Consular. I could have swapped Consular out but I felt like a 3 healer rotation worked best incase Yoda landed a crit. Fisto ended up working well even though he wasn't fully geared, his chance to counter often removed Yoda's foresight.
  • jordissim
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @kickn4fun
    Thanks a lot! I try to do my best, although I don't always succeed. I hope you're one of the lucky players who have managed to beat Tier VII. See you around!
    By the way, my (most unfortunate) nick in the game is Yord Valsey - an anagram on my real name, with just a few variations-, with the following Ally Code: 978-244-585. You're more than welcome to join in, just tell me your nick if you feel like it: I'm picky with received requests.
    Good luck, and again, thank you very much!
    Post edited by jordissim on

• HumbleSage
    65 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I ended up beating 7* Yoda with Lum (lead), Kit, Aayla, QGJ, Mace. I also did it while Yoda had QGJ and Ashoka. Turns out my luck was just 100% this battle I got lots of dodges on my side and ended up finishing with only Kit dead.

I definitely standby having Lum or Barriss as lead. You either get the dodges or get the extra HP. It's truly one of the only ways. Any other way is going to be rough and frustrating.
    - HumbleSage
    "To me, there is no light or dark side to The Force. There's just the Force and I'll wield it how I see fit."
  • Old_Tallen wrote: »
    So.... you used the AI Barriss exploit to win? Sure, everyone seems to be using the stupid AI to win, same as you, but do you really think that won't be fixed at some point?

Starring up a Jedi team for the sole purpose of beating 7* on this premise is really bad advice. If the devs fix this exploit your team won't work.

If Yoda is not capable of being exploited to half health it means the fight goes on at least twice as long, you cannot expect the dodge percentages to hold up for this amount of time.

The logical solution is Barriss as leader for the massive health buffer, but even then I'm not sure it'll be enough to beat this encounter straight-up.

Can this encounter be beaten without exploiting the AI with Barriss? That team would be worth listing.

I'm really confused as to why you keep attacking people on this point? This is in no way an exploit, it is simple strategy that has helped many beat something that is extremely hard. There is no 'single' team composition that can beat Yoda from a straight DPS stand point. Jedi are not built to do that; that is why the meta shifted so significantly once DPS characters rose up after the heal meta in the beginning. Since Yoda likes to use DPS as a regular tactic in his attacks; Jedi have to rely on healing and tanking to stay around long enough if RNG works towards making that happen. The reality here is that is very unlikely; so Bariss being considered in helping to lower Yoda's health when most Jedi attacks won't do that quick enough is a solid strategy to draw from. I cannot even begin to relay how many battles I went through killing Yoda first, but his DPS killed off two to three units of mine; so that when he was finally dead, the other two Jedi simply finished me off. For the F2P player base, using Barriss is their best bet, unless of course you subscribe to everyone spending thousands to have chromium only characters maxed out. That just doesn't seem logical. The developers did a great job in making this event accessible to all levels of play. Don't come here knocking how others have found a way to be successful. This is the hardest level within this game; people have the right to enjoy being able to pass it.
  • CrossXcalibur is absolutely correct about this. Even though I beat Yoda without him having Barriss I still agree. This is simple strategy. It's not an exploit. People need to stop making it out like it is. My observation is people that are claiming this are just upset they still can't beat him, even with that strategy. Most likely because they haven't put any money into the game and are just free riders. People really need to stop whining about it altogether.
    - HumbleSage
  • All I can say is: take a deep breath, this is but a game.
    No need to get aggressive. If one can beat Yoda, fine; how one does it is up to oneself. If one can't, it's frustrating, but it's no big deal.
    So keep calm and carry on playing. Isn't this supposed to be fun?

• I'm pretty sure we're all calm on this thread. It is very fun to play. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • @HumbleSage
    It's truly remarkable you managed to beat 7* Yoda without the Barriss Exploit! Congrats!

• Thanks. I have to admit though I was super lucky. I got to a point where I was trying to get the Barriss setup and got sick of even doing that so I started launching battles in Auto and attacking the weakest of the Jedi paired with Yoda. In this particular instance I thought, "maybe I should just try and kill Yoda first." I know this goes against all the strategies but it actually worked. I got tons of dodges though. Yoda was killed first then I killed the rest. Luck totally on my side.
    - HumbleSage
  • Vladironcross
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I just beat 7* Yoda, Luminara, Kit vs my 5506-Luminara 5629-Qui-Gon 5306-JC 5395-Aayla 5120-Ahsoka. Most my ability points on my Jedi are around level 4, except Qui-Gon and Luminara. I think i did about 200 attempts and all i did was burn Yoda down. By the time Yoda died i had Luminara, Qui-Gon, and Aayla about 5-10% JC and Ahsoka died. I was just able to get my second heal off from Luminara and was able to finish off kit and Luminara.
  • I did it after about 40 mins.
    i played against qgj, yoda, jc.
    My team was barris (l) gear 8, kit fisto gear 8 ahsoka gear 8, luminara gear 7, qgj gear 8.
    I have learned that you just have to time youre heals very well. I killed qgj first then yoda then jc.
  • Nice work Maxooo! I came close when I fought that party a couple times myself.
    - HumbleSage
  • I finally beat yoda this morning. used Barriss, Lumi, kit, JC, and QGJ. All gear 8. Took me more attempts than I can remember.
  • I beat it with your team op.

Luminara (L) lv 67, g8, max abi.
    Qgj lv 67, g8, max Abi.
    Jc lv 67, g8, max abi.
    Ashoka lv 67, g7, lv3-4 abi.
    Fisto lv 67, g7. Lv3-4 abi.

Took me tremendous ammount of attempts, but finally i had the luck on my side.
  • Hey hey! LlwllynZ! We hold the top spots on our server! :smile: You got a nice PvP team going there. Congrats on your Yoda, took me TONS of trys and luck too. :smile:
    - HumbleSage
  • jordissim
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    So, after getting your Level VII Yoda: what do you think about the character? Was all the massive effort devoted to obtain him worth it? And, in case your response is affirmative, how do you think he fits best in a team? No matter where I place him, he seems to weaken my various Dream Teams... And I would very much like to come with a strategy in which his strengths can be used to the benefit of an ensemble.

• Oh hey Humble, im pretty much playing around with teams, trying to put together something that would work on defense, but oh well ai ^_^, nice seeing you around ^_^