How you should probably invest for future chars

Hello fellow star wars players,

Seeing that the meta is changing from time to time, I have a theory that releasing the Emperor will be and event where you will need a Empire Team.. so if you want to invest in something and you don't know... my bet will be in the Empire Team which has now 6 chars: Vader, Royal Guard, Storm Trooper, Snow Trooper, Gen Veers and Grand Moff Tarkin... a guy who gives a lot of speed to allies.

What do you think? Will we see in the future a Moff Leader, a Royal Guard tank.. a StormTrooper Taunt and Vader DPS/Ability Blocker/DOT?
Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here

Replies

• Not near enough dps, royal guard is a joke and vader is so underpowered. That would be an easy team to beat in arena.
  • You really underestimate General Veers/Vader and Moff Tarkin... that will be your loss
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Not competitive yet. But they'll release an Imperial Tie Fighter, Empire First Officer, , Storm trooper Scout, etc. Sooner or later.
  • The Emperor man.. he's the missing puzzle piece
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Your missing the key element here. Vader cant be used in a yoda like event lmfao. Nonone has a legit 7* vader so hes worthless there which leaves a severly pathetic team. Unless they do a emperor event and make it excessivly easy to beat then its irrelevant an not worth the effort
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »
    Your missing the key element here. Vader cant be used in a yoda like event lmfao. Nonone has a legit 7* vader so hes worthless there which leaves a severly pathetic team. Unless they do a emperor event and make it excessivly easy to beat then its irrelevant an not worth the effort

That is assuming the event will be the same.

I feel Palpatine is going to be the shard shop exclusive char. (Sorry OP)
  • So you want everyone to farm some of the most useless heroes in the game for some event a few people have speculated will happen? Sure drink that koolaid everyone!
  • I don't want you or anybody to do nothing... I'm just saying it might be something similar with the Yoda event using Empire only.. and Vader/Veers/Tarkin are not so bad.. the thing is that everybody is using the same heroes, one day all of those heroes will become useless
  • eBitzu wrote: »
    You really underestimate General Veers/Vader and Moff Tarkin... that will be your loss
    eBitzu wrote: »
    You really underestimate General Veers/Vader and Moff Tarkin... that will be your loss

Well since moff tarkin is p2w and veers is hard to farm, even the p2w guys dont ever use them so i find it hard to believe that they are great. They will obviously be good but most characters in the game are good. It will be your loss if you get an empire team, sorry
  • We'll have to see that in the future ... I'm not saying for today..
  • Well even if all of this doesnt come true, Vader led Sid and stormtrooper are good with + offense when vader is 6+*. I think in all of these cases it is silly to make a pure team. I would pair them with Bariss/Lumi and someone else.
  • Due to lack of empire characters (in fact lack of of most squads such as droids, tusken, sith etc) compared to the amount of Jedi options I think the next event will be catogrised like the daily challenges. 5x tank or 5 attackers etc.
    that's just my thought on it, I could be completely wrong though lol
  • RogueXI wrote: »
    Due to lack of empire characters (in fact lack of of most squads such as droids, tusken, sith etc) compared to the amount of Jedi options I think the next event will be catogrised like the daily challenges. 5x tank or 5 attackers etc.
    that's just my thought on it, I could be completely wrong though lol

Respect man..
  • I'm not convinced it would be taken up much. We have Sidious already. I could possibly see something with droids though. Perhaps starting with winning a battle droid, then super battle droid, Droideka, and finally Grievous. He's a firm fan favorite that everyone wants, and with all the current focus on Jedi, a class act anti Jedi character could be good for the game.
  • I would want to see an Emperor with force lightning ... maybe throw them away in air :)
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Next is going to be Scoundrels only, and it's going to be a big bounty for Han solo that gives us credits, instead of a character.

Future to see can I
  • I was thinking something similar, but Rebels, Sisters, Scoubdrel and droid teams can actually be farmed to 7*. Empire cannot unless you're p2w, so I don't see that being the future event. I'm going to try and get some of the sisters and rebels unlocked for one of those. Then maybe I'll finish Bobba for the scoundrel event possibility
  • Notice that not all challenges have to be 5 guys to 7*. In fact, I think no other challenge would be like that. This challenge was so, because it was a grand master training class.

You might have challenges where you can only bring 3 chars. Other challeges will need just to beat a difficult boss, regardless of the number of stars. Others will not give us a new character as reward, but maybe credits, or purple gear, or raising stars to an existing toon, or whatever. Maybe sometimes you will need to defeat the opposite faction (so you have to bring rebels to free Palpatine, for example, or you need to bring clones to defeat, and get, General Grivious, or whatever)

Don't expect all challenges be "farm 5 guys to 7* and we give you a new 7* leader for those guys"
  • I like your line of thinking, man, but my bet isn't on the Emperor. At least not for a while. Don't get me wrong, we all want him. And General Calrissian, Scoundrel Han, Lightsaber Luke, etc. I'm thinking a rework of an existing character right now, this soon, would be kinda silly. So many other good SW characters to tap yet.

I'm going with eBitzu. The next event after Yoda will be a Char type. Attacker, Tank, or Support. And the prize will be a pre-existing chromium exclusive char or some of the really hard gear everybody is now screaming about. M6 blow dryer or M3 hand cuffs.

As for Grievous, my bet is him as the shard shop char. Think about it. Shard shop will be the hardest farm so you want someone super unique. Yoda, Rex, and Grievous are all in the top five requested chars in this forum. And it's a delayed, post patch release. Enough time to sculpt a new char frame and animations, perhaps?
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Next is going to be Scoundrels only, and it's going to be a big bounty for Han solo that gives us credits, instead of a character.

Future to see can I

Is this just a complete guess? That would be awesome, but i dont want to be disappointed.
  • Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Triqui wrote: »

Future to see can I

Is this just a complete guess? That would be awesome, but i dont want to be disappointed.

Not a guess.
    It's in the datamined info from the game files. Note that this doesn't mean it is sure, as things can and will change before the next patch. Other challenge could come first, that one could change, or get scratch.

But I can confidently said that, at the very least, somewhere in the past the Devs had a plan to add a challenge called "Bounty Hunting" which adds a big reward for the most sought after bounty of the Galaxy, Han Solo. And that it is a Scoundrels only challenge. How it works, what requirements it has, or what's the reward, I don't know.

My guess is that it's going to be the "credit source" and that the nerf to credit challenges is related to that. I suppose you could get lot of credits, depending on the stars of your scoundrels posible up to several millions
  • Im confused. The Emperor IS Darth Sidious. Why do people think they will make him again?
  • Zakhary wrote: »
    Im confused. The Emperor IS Darth Sidious. Why do people think they will make him again?

Because in the level 7 dark side battles a npc toon appears with name emperor palpatine who has force lightning. He's the return of the jedi palpatine.

Darth Sideous is more like the revenge of the sith palpatine.

Not the first time they've had distinct toons for the same character in different points in the timeline.

Jedi Knight Anakin / Darth Vader

Luke Skywalker / Rebel Luke (still npc)

• I have a fully maxed empire team. They are underwhelming right now. But I'm banking as you are. The question is how long do we wait.
  • Rebel Event!!! Unlock Rebel Luke (w/saber)!!!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Cythis wrote: »
    I have a fully maxed empire team. They are underwhelming right now. But I'm banking as you are. The question is how long do we wait.

I'm thinking that when the Emperor will come.. your team synergy will be so good Poe teams in Arena will melt.. just think how QGJ nerfed the hack out of Poe.. imagine other possible spell that The Emperor could have.

Think of a clone team.. if they have the speed to go first.. will take all of your turn meter from your SuperStar char... and he does 2 hits per game..

A droid event would be possible .. for General Grievous.

Regarding The Emperor.. just imagine making Darth Sidious an Empire char.. would you make a team with Moff/Veers/Vader/StormTrooper?

You really overestimate them.
    Veers is a joke, tarkin is amazingly weak and don't let me even start about royal guard.. Vader is not strong enough, his basic is so bad.
    Empire team will be extremly bad. FO/jedi/sith/droid team works much better and still that doesnt mean you need to do them. You can combine you know. If you want all to be 1 type, go anything but empire team (ewok team even works better).
    Whoever will do a empire team won't get to top 100 in strong server.
  • You really overestimate them.
    Veers is a joke, tarkin is amazingly weak and don't let me even start about royal guard.. Vader is not strong enough, his basic is so bad.
    Empire team will be extremly bad. FO/jedi/sith/droid team works much better and still that doesnt mean you need to do them. You can combine you know. If you want all to be 1 type, go anything but empire team (ewok team even works better).

How do you know? I use Vader in 4* and hits like a truck with his 2 abilities..

If the Emperor (future character) will have a skill that resets the teams cool downs when he is bellow a certain amount of health.. will you reconsider it?

If the Emperor (future character) will have a skill that resets the teams cool downs when he is bellow a certain amount of health.. will you reconsider it?

vader AI is bad. when you using it... well i dont know, i rather other toons to play who hits like an airplane (if vader hits like a truck)
    Darth vader have no room in my pvp team/arena team/dark side team. (i use only 10 toons, 5 dark 5 light, hes not in my top10)
    if palpatine released and will be very strong, i'll bring him in. but it won't bring vader in since hes still too weak. he have to get buffed to match his name, right now hes pathetic.
    and Empire team, absolutely no. even if 2 strong toons, it doesnt mean i should waste my resources on other 3 weak ones. i'll just combine, and you should do so too. you want vader ? you building on emperor? cool. upgrade them. and other 3 who are not empire. forcing yourself to invest in weak toons will cost you places in arena. Empire team won't work, because lack of strong empire toons.

vader AI is bad. when you using it... well i dont know, i rather other toons to play who hits like an airplane (if vader hits like a truck)
    Darth vader have no room in my pvp team/arena team/dark side team. (i use only 10 toons, 5 dark 5 light, hes not in my top10)
    if palpatine released and will be very strong, i'll bring him in. but it won't bring vader in since hes still too weak. he have to get buffed to match his name, right now hes pathetic.
    and Empire team, absolutely no. even if 2 strong toons, it doesnt mean i should waste my resources on other 3 weak ones. i'll just combine, and you should do so too. you want vader ? you building on emperor? cool. upgrade them. and other 3 who are not empire. forcing yourself to invest in weak toons will cost you places in arena. Empire team won't work, because lack of strong empire toons.

-_-#) unlocking and 7* isnt the biggest problem. imagine having to gear up weak toons

gel handcuffs and hair dryers for sub par damage/abilities >.<

i want yoda so bad but ashoka/JKG/eeth koth are kinda bad atm