It's time to increase guild capacity.

Ever since raids came out The Pit and AAT had had 51+ members for rewards. With TB out I believe increasing guild size will not only help everyone out in general. It'll decrease guild hopping and screwing over smaller GP guilds. If we keep going the way that we are I believe all the small guilds will disband. I believe we should increase capacity by 10-25

Replies

• More poaching to fill the numbers of the bigger guilds - yay.
    More small guilds struggling to fill the numbers - they'll disband anyway.
    More big hitters not getting big rewards (rancor especially) - more crying on the forum to change raid reward structure.
    More fillers for coin gen, etc - more complaints about low level people getting rewards they don't deserve.
    More people in guild chat - making it scroll faster and losing info quicker.
  • 50 is fine. Draw the line somewhere.
  • usArmyJedi
    351 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    slugbahr wrote: »
    More poaching to fill the numbers of the bigger guilds - yay.
    More big hitters not getting big rewards (rancor especially) - more crying on the forum to change raid reward structure.
    More fillers for coin gen, etc - more complaints about low level people getting rewards they don't deserve.

Poaching has always been an issue but I think with more guild numbers there'll be more loyalty especially since I think there won't be as much pressure for individuals to carry guilds.

The smaller guilds will be able to pick from new members and disbanded super casual guilds.

Raid rewards are super trash! They absolutely do need a reworked reward system

At higher levels users will not complain about getting small rewards they don't really need anymore especially if they go to lower members who need them. Which is another point. Lower members will start seeing bigger better and faster improves.

If your guild converses in the in game chat function you're already struggling. Line, discord, Skype.
  • 25 may be too much but 10 is a solid number. Imagine recruiting 10 -1m GPs and watching them grow since we'll be boosting their rewards
  • Have people seen the amount of guilds in this game? People start new ones just because with no real purpose. Large guilds run alliances which allows them to move as needed to maximize rewards but even an independent guild of 50 is going to struggle and in order to grow and will need to replace members.

Increasing the guild size would reduce this and also allow smaller guilds to stay together as they could merge with the others of similar size. I think this is a great idea.
  • Dreislao
    380 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It's all well and good to increase guild size but consider the consquences of such huge guilds. TB has been balanced specifically for a guild size of 50 if we increase guild size thats a lot of work for the dev team to rebalance. Guild rewards too, theres already a lot of animosity towards guild with 20+ people able to solo the Pit and parts of the HAAT. A larger guild would dilute the prize pool and chance to get into the top even further. Then there is the logistics of it all. It's difficult enough to get 50 people pulling in one direction another 10-15 more would add to the chaos, and I think past 50 you would lose some of the communioty spirit found in guilds. Overall I think increasing would be a bad idea and not something that would benefit the game.
    I fight the good fight
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    slugbahr wrote: »
    More poaching to fill the numbers of the bigger guilds - yay.

Poaching has always been an issue but I think with more guild numbers there'll be more loyalty especially since I think there won't be as much pressure for individuals to carry guilds.

The smaller guilds will be able to pick from new members and disbanded super casual guilds.

Raid rewards are super trash! They absolutely do need a reworked reward system

At higher levels users will not complain about getting small rewards they don't really need anymore especially if they go to lower members who need them. Which is another point. Lower members will start seeing bigger better and faster improves.

If your guild converses in the in game chat function you're already struggling. Line, discord, Skype.

The bigger guilds are always wanting the best to fill their numbers. Everyone will still have to pull their weight. They'll poach from weaker lower guilds with strong players, further weakening those guilds

Smaller guilds are small for a reason. More numbers needed won't help.

True. Hasn't happened yet. We've seen what it takes to get real change in mechanics, etc of this game. Also, oople will never stop crying about not getting enough rewards that they think they are deserving of.

I mean the complaints of people who think 600 generators in other guilds are giving those people rewards faster than they deserve. People they come up against in arena, probably. Essentially.

I have accounts in two guilds. One uses discord, the other nothing. Both have hAAT on farm. The second one has about 10m higher GP. The real issue is that chat is pathetic and needs fixing.

;)

• Dreislao wrote: »
    It's all well and good to increase guild size but consider the consquences of such huge guilds. TB has been balanced specifically for a guild size of 50 if we increase guild size thats a lot of work for the dev team to rebalance. Guild rewards too, theres already a lot of animosity towards guild with 20+ people able to solo the Pit and parts of the HAAT. A larger guild would dilute the prize pool and chance to get into the top even further. Then there is the logistics of it all. It's difficult enough to get 50 people pulling in one direction another 10-15 more would add to the chaos, and I think past 50 you would lose some of the communioty spirit found in guilds. Overall I think increasing would be a bad idea and not something that would benefit the game.

I absolutely disagree. There's guilds with 140m GP that won't be able to 45/45. So no rebalance needed. As for raid rewards If the devs reworked the reward systems in raids like they should have for a long time there will be less animosity. There's already solos getting ranked 25 so we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there. As far as guild camaraderie and trying to get 60-65 people pulling in the same direction. That will be up to who you recruit and who you have I'm sure if you finally do find 60-65 tight knit group there'll be excellent camaraderie and even better coordination not to mention loyalty
  • wrote: »

You can't argue that the devs planned on increasing capacity at one point. If you go to the reward section of the raids there's a 51+ portion. Also there should be less smaller guilds anyways what's the point of having these guilds that have less than 40, 30 members? Help them help you you know? As for the poaching maybe give people and guild a bigger penalty for quitting like 72 hrs until you can participate in guild events.
  • Is this post seriously asking for TB to be easier before the first one is even over? It's meant to be hard. It's meant to make us upgrade our entire roster.

My issue with TB lies in the TB shop. I haven't seen any "rare" toons in there (save hermit yoda). They have all been unbelievably easy farms from other shops. I was really hoping I could supplement my baze farming.
  • Is this post seriously asking for TB to be easier before the first one is even over? It's meant to be hard. It's meant to make us upgrade our entire roster.

My issue with TB lies in the TB shop. I haven't seen any "rare" toons in there (save hermit yoda). They have all been unbelievably easy farms from other shops. I was really hoping I could supplement my baze farming.

Seen him 3 times so far, it's just rng
  • I'd love to increase guild size, make it different than any other game clan/ guild/group. When you add more members to the guild, fix the raid rewards so that it gives somewhat useful gear every time.
  • Then I have the worst luck.
  • Or maybe you guys can work up your rosters and become a "big" guild.
    Why do you think your guild should get the same rewards as a guild who has been playing together since April 2016. We have been playing together for 20 months now. Are great communication and pushing others to succeed is why we are 18/18 in TB today.
    You should try and build it up instead of asking for a roster boost. A roster boost would probably allow many guilds to 45/45 this first time around. No thank you. Work for success
  • usArmyJedi wrote: »
    wrote: »

You can't argue that the devs planned on increasing capacity at one point. If you go to the reward section of the raids there's a 51+ portion.

The devs have never planned on bigger guilds than 50 the 51+ portion is from before they had the restriction on being in a guild when a raid launches to take part.

It used to be that someone could leave a guild of 50 after damaging a raid and someone else could join the guild before it's over therefore having 51 players get prizes.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The main problem with this idea is that I believe both HAAT and TB were balanced for 50 players.

An increase in TB without an adjustment of the point structure would make it too easy, along with making platoons easier.

Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Personally I think it's a terrible idea. It's hard enough to get 50 sheep in line and going in the same direction. Adding more would mean there would be a rework in everything. Add the inevitable attrition to the mix and the only ones I see benefiting from this are the top tiered guilds who are invite only. No thank you.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Jup incresing size of guild by 10 sounds excelent and increasing chat history will be good too. Im all in.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    Or maybe you guys can work up your rosters and become a "big" guild.
    Why do you think your guild should get the same rewards as a guild who has been playing together since April 2016. We have been playing together for 20 months now. Are great communication and pushing others to succeed is why we are 18/18 in TB today.
    You should try and build it up instead of asking for a roster boost. A roster boost would probably allow many guilds to 45/45 this first time around. No thank you. Work for success

Well exactly this "elites only" apochach mean that new players have extremly hard time to find guild because on most of them they have lvl 60 or 80+ joining limit, and wothout guild you are bound to lvl up realy slow and be frustrated from game.
    So i think incresing limit by 10 is great way how to allow to hard old guild to recriut some realy new guys so they can have fun.