Suggestion for GW balancing

Hey, devs. I've been pondering Galactic War, and I believe I've got an idea that will help up the difficulty for those who believe it's too easy, while simultaneously lowering the difficulty for those who struggle every day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the current system is based on matching by power. The problem, of course, is that power is an inaccurate tool, and can match (for instance) my team (zQGJ, Zarris, zzR2, Anakin, and Ahsoka) against a monster squad (zzzCLS, zzR2, zHan, Chirrut, Baze). Or vice versa. The power isn't that far off, but the actual battle is laughably one-sided.

What if, instead, Galactic War was balanced by the player base, as an aggregate, over time? Initially, match players in the hard nodes according to gear. It'll be horribly matched, because there's no further data to match on yet. In subsequent matches, factor in how far the player got in past Galactic Wars. Over time, this will match players against teams with similar gear levels who have similar difficulties in Galactic War.

While it wouldn't be fool-proof, it could result in more even matches for many. Teams with insane mods and gear will match with teams with insane mods and gear. Teams that have decent mods and barely scraped together gear 10-11 will match against teams in a similar predicament.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read this :)

Replies