Targeting in challenges changed?

Before the update, when on auto, my team would typically target the same adversary. And on the final battle they would always target the main opponent and not the droids. In the rare cases that didn't happen, I could tap the enemy once and all characters targeted it

Since the update, they bounce around, and even when I click the target I want it only ensures it for that one attack. Makes it difficult to be successful when on auto pilot

Has anyone found a way around this?

Replies

• This is definitely annoying. I can't understand why they made this change. I guess they want to discourage autoplay so you have to spend more time actually playing the game which makes the current content take longer to accomplish each day.

Way to drag out the current content devs versus actually giving us new content.
  • Dont auto? Mine does the same but hasn't failed yet so I am not upset, the battles do take longer though.
  • Well I don't auto for gw and arena of course, so I liked being able to auto the challenges and do something else while they were going. I still win with auto on tier two battles, but higher it's harder.
  • They don't do it every time. but they LOVE to do it in the mace challenge where targeting droids will get you killed.
  • Yes...Auto is still broken.
  • You will need to force targeting once during auto. Once you manually lock on, the target won't jump around anymore.
    When I auto some challenges, I let it do it's thing first two rounds. Then in boss round, I just force targeting on the boss (or droid, depending on challenge), and let auto play out. I have never seen it jump after manual targeting. This behavior was confirmed by dev on Reddit, if I'm not mistaken.
    it is annoying though.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    You will need to force targeting during auto. Once you manually lock on, the target won't jump around anymore.
    When I auto some challenges, I let it so it's thing first two rounds. Then in boss round, I just force targeting on the boss (or droid, depending on challenge), and let auto play out. I have never seen it jump after manual targeting. If you still have this problem then something is wrong. This behavior was confirmed by a dev on Reddit.
    it is annoying though.

From Reddit
    "
    If you tap the character you want your team to attack (either in auto or manual), tap it a second time to "lock" targeting. Once you see the targeting reticle, the team should focus that target without hopping around.
    The exception to this is, of course, if a character uses Taunt or anything else that affects targeting (stealth)."
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • But Jesse said they fixed it.
    Surely he must be telling the truth, right?
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • auto is broken as hell. it jumps toons CONSTANTLY and even seems to pick the opponent with thw most health now. it didnt feel this frustrating before the patch
  • Since when is Reddit the "Official Forum"? Devs should communicate here.

Right after the update, I recall Jesse was made aware of the issue. He reported that it had been fixed (yes changes were made), was informed that it's still broken, and he was going to look into it further. Coding errors in speed and hang ups became priority issues. Don't blame the messenger for having wrong info. I would not last a day in his shoes after an update.

The update added a change to the target recticle, which produces a new locking sound when tapped twice on a target. BUT... The targeting/auto function is still broken. There is no way to target/lock onto an enemy, and have the auto feature stay on the target following an attack. The AI takes over on auto and chooses who to attack based on the game code regardless of target input from the player.