Is Yoda worth giving up your normal farm for?

Prev1
For those of you who sacrificed other characters just to farm Jedis, do you think it was worth it or in hindsight, you would have just continued what you were doing

Replies

• Options
    I will answer if I get the rest of my mace shards in time to get yoda this time.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Nope
  • Options
    Although to be fair I was already working on 3 in Lumi JC and QGJ. But I did divert resources to Ahsoka and now to mace. So a slight change but I'm not regretting it
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Lot of people seem to be hating the little green dude but idk if that's just because they had un realistic expectations or he's actually bad.

I think people are just looking for the new Poe and disappointed they're not finding it although Poe was bad for the game and I don't know why they want that again.
  • Options
    SWHS wrote: »
    Lot of people seem to be hating the little green dude but idk if that's just because they had un realistic expectations or he's actually bad.

I think people are just looking for the new Poe and disappointed they're not finding it although Poe was bad for the game and I don't know why they want that again.

Because they have that toon lol. If they didn't have Poe they could see the bigger picture.
  • SWHS
    121 posts Member
    Options

Because they have that toon lol. If they didn't have Poe they could see the bigger picture.

I don't mean they're looking for Poe literally I mean they're looking for the next "super OP like Poe used to be toon".

I think people wanted Yoda to something you just slap on any team and its instantly 10x better just because he's there.
  • Options

I don't mean they're looking for Poe literally I mean they're looking for the next "super OP like Poe used to be toon".

I think people wanted Yoda to something you just slap on any team and its instantly 10x better just because he's there.

I agree with you.
  • Options
    I dunno but I am going for him anyways because he is Yoda lol.
  • Options
    I have i full gear / star Jedi team And yoda 7* And it worth the effort !!
  • Options
    No it's just another ploy to get ur money! Don't fall for it!
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My level 62 5* VII gear Yoda is the reason I beat GW today for the first time in around 10 days. He was the deciding factor that allowed one of my B team compositions win 2x matches against level 70 teams. He is fun as hell to play and has his uses. Just doesn't fit in the current arena meta due to not being good on defense.
  • Options
    No , because u was able to get 7* yoda, n already had a full maxed /geared pvp team.....
  • Options
    I started farming him because I didn't want to be left out if he ends up being super broken. Now we know he isn't I can leave my Jedi team at 5stars and go back to normal farming schedule.
  • Options
    How come some folks have a 5 star Yoda?

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    I wasted almost 1000 dollars on data cards trying to get my jedi characters which is all that's accepted for the challenge which us down right stupid to Elite 5 or more after acquiring Yoda Level 70 tier 7 gear he's useless and not worth the money spent if I could refund all I spent trying to get him I would he's not worth it...NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT A JOKE!
  • Options
    I want to 7* Barriss and JC just for GW, and QGJ for arena. and otherwise I already have Lumi 7* and Mace 4*, so really I only need to farm mace which would be out of the normal routine. Hopefully he gets buffed again and they stop treating him like a tank, it's just not fitting for him.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • Options

I agree.
  • Options
    How come some folks have a 5 star Yoda?

If you have five 5* Jedi and do the challenge you unlock Yoda at 5*. I don't have him but i'm pretty sure it is how it works. Of course if you have five 6*/7* Jedi you will promote him to 6*/7*
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    No
  • Options

This. And the devs know it.

I'm not going for him. GoH is so geared towards Speed/DPS that I've never really gone after Jedi, save for Lumi. I think most people fall into this bracket. Switching gears now just to get one toon who will most certainly be nerfed a few months from now in favor of the next "Toon-of-the-Month" is sheer folly.

For me - and sheer logic - the answer to the OP's question is an emphatic "No".
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I don't see why you can't do both unless you want him this go around. I managed to change gears and start working on Jedi while still keeping up my good team. It will probably take a second run to get the 5 star though and a third or fourth to get the 7 star. I want to unlock all the characters eventually.
  • Options
    I got him with what I already had, but I am not changing what I am doing now to get him to 6* and 7*.
  • Options
    I'm still on the fence about what to do about my 5th Jedi spot.

I'm happy with my Barriss, QGJ, Lumi, JC team. I'd like to get them all to 7* anyway.

But my 5th spot, spending 33 days of Arena tokens on Eeth Koth....sounds painful.
  • Options
    It should have been set up which would have been fair that you need at least ONE ELITE 7 STAR Jedi to compete in the tier 7 Yoda challenge and if your team is strong enough you can defeat him if your team is too weak you die simple as that who how many overall people and general players have 5 Elite 7 star Jedi characters that means most people will not be able to acquire him is that fair the Star Wars gaming community that 75 percent of players or more won't be able to complete the whole challenge....and they had to be very specific Jedi it's nothing but a ploy to gain a crap load of money to the owners and makers of this game...
  • Options
    Yes- because I wanted him

Already had 5 Jedi at 5 & 6* so wasn't to bad. I probably won't bother rushing to the 7*, I have several team builds I'm working first.
  • Options
    I was farming QGJ, Lumi, and JC before the event was announced. Only thing I did different was farm Mace and Eeth Koth so it didn't really hurt me. Plus I'm only going for 5* Yoda..not too worried about the 7*.

It's definitely not a ploy for my money since I haven't spent a dime trying for Yoda.
  • Options
    I have changed my mind about pushing more Jedi to 7*.

I slightly altered plans for the past week or so is it.

Luminara already at 7*; one of the easiest and best toons to max for f2p and p20.

Took GQJ from 3-5*: I'll keep taking him to 7* anyway.

Already had farmed Anakin to 5* and gave up on him as a lost cause. I have no plans to farm him further at this time.

Halted my farming of Barriss at 5* to take JC from 4-5*. Will resume Cantina farm of Barriss to 7*. Don't feel like I wasted on starring up JC, I just don't care to do it.

Poured arena winnings into Eeth Koth. Just enough to unlock him with some shards. I have changed my mind on this one and started unlocking another toon I'd rather max.

So I have a Yoda 5*; I'm sure he'd be awfully neat to have at 7* long term, but not at the expense of my preferred team building.
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    The problem I have with him is Jedi teams are still pretty weak, and I haven't found it worth it to run QGJ as leader for just himself and Yoda. I've spent a ton on this game but still don't have a 7* Aayla... might be okay with her, but none of the other Jedi are really good enough to sub in.