Late to the party question - CLS Solo HAAT P1

Our guild only recently began to do Heroic Tank Raid and I have never had a team that could do P1. Since getting CLS, I've been trying it out. However, at G11 with a zeta on Binds All Things, I'm only getting through about 30% of the phase.

What should I be doing that I'm not?

I start the phase by stunning the B2 droid and then use all my regular attacks on the center boss. I add protection and dispel buffs each time the special becomes available. But around 30% in, I get taken out in one shot even with protection.

I know this is old hat for you guys, but I would appreciate some help as a relative beginner to the HAAT.

Replies

• So from what I understand every 7th hit needs to be "use the force" special. This removes grievous's tm and keeps him from doing his laugh taunt move. It's key. I haven't done it yet myself as we are just about to start our first HAAT soon. But this is how it's done I think. Let me know if it works
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    im not sure that you can solo it using cls alone with just one run... you have to do it with kylo/savage's way, escaping
    if you want to do it in one run you have to add han zolo
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Yeah, I'd just do the Escape thing. With his Self-Healing special he cools down the escape timer pretty quickly. As for me, I can't even do this on NAAT even with GXI CLS and BAT Zeta'd. Does anyone know how high your speed needs to be for this?
  • Huh. So if you escape it resets his countdown timer? I didn't realize I needed to count hits. Again... new to the party - especially this phase.
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    im not sure that you can solo it using cls alone with just one run... you have to do it with kylo/savage's way, escaping
    if you want to do it in one run you have to add han zolo

@Fahrius - I actually did a test run with Han Zolo and CLS, but Han was taken out within 2-3 percent. Is there a guide somewhere on how to use the two of them for the phase?
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Mine is 248 speed and works fine. Even not counting for the 7th hit you'll have plenty of attempts to escape.
  • DRV wrote: »
    Mine is 248 speed and works fine. Even not counting for the 7th hit you'll have plenty of attempts to escape.

What is the strategy for escaping then? I just played straight until around 70% and then one hit and I was done even with protection remaining.

My speed is only 238 but it can be 244. I'm debating right now between an offense triangle mod with higher speed or a crit damage mod with lower speed to keep my CD at 216%
  • Go for speed and ya you can definitely do it the escape way too with just CLS. Watch how many turns grievous has left in top left corner. Once it's down around 3 I start my escape attempt. Now I'm only doing NAAT right now but still should work the same. I solo P1 on Naat no probelm with CLS alone. You can do it without escaping bit do need to count hits then. Otherwise ya escape when grievous is at 3 or 4 turns left. Should give you time to try another if it fails.
  • If u have zolo, it's possible to easily solo alongside Luke.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    If u have zolo, it's possible to easily solo alongside Luke.

I have Zolo G11 and he was dead 3% in on my joint attempt with CLS.
  • Go for speed and ya you can definitely do it the escape way too with just CLS. Watch how many turns grievous has left in top left corner. Once it's down around 3 I start my escape attempt. Now I'm only doing NAAT right now but still should work the same. I solo P1 on Naat no probelm with CLS alone. You can do it without escaping bit do need to count hits then. Otherwise ya escape when grievous is at 3 or 4 turns left. Should give you time to try another if it fails.

So I'm assuming if you escape his 7-turn thing resets when you come back in?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Napoli wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

Maybe you got a bad rng. I gave Han a potency at cross, so Grievous hardly resists him, because even with tenacity down it happens.

Usually i try to escape with Han by the end to use him at P4. And Never finish P1 so i don't screw my zader squad at P2.

On this run i went all the way to P2 and even got a topple at tank.

Solo_p1.jpg
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

Maybe you got a bad rng. I gave Han a potency at cross, so Grievous hardly resists him, because even with tenacity down it happens.

Usually i try to escape with Han by the end to use him at P4. And Never finish P1 so i don't screw my zader squad at P2.

On this run i went all the way to P2 and even got a topple at tank.

Solo_p1.jpg

Huh.... Maybe it was RNG. I have an offense cross on him though since I use him in arena. Even still, his stun is almost never resisted on his special. I'll try out a few more test runs on the next Raid to see if it was random.

Is there a strategy to follow with him? Do I attack on the center or use him for B2? Anyone?
  • Even without escaping or trying to escape CLS with IBaT zetad can do around 1.5mil by himself. I've done it a few times now and it's easier than the old Zylo days. Just hit grievous all the time and when his TM gets high strip it with the middle action and keep cleansing and healing yourself with his 3rd action. He'll eventually stun or take out the minions since he's leading and can counter. I'm running a hAAT tomorrow and am going to try using him with ZOLO to see what I can do.
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • I finally got my first entire solo with CLS and Zolo two raids ago. We had another one yesterday and I only completed 50% despite restarted it twice. It seems very dependent on RNG. You get a good feel for it within the first 10%.