Most anticipated update turned out to be pure garbage

Prev1
Deathstroke
48 posts Member
edited February 2016
February release notes post sure made it seem like we had a lot to look forward to but I'm officially convinced EA/CG is full of ****.

- Promised a variety of new characters, all we got was Rex (chromium exclusive) and Yoda
- Promised a viable solution to key card battles; completely screwed us over with that by making it even worse
- Withheld vital information relating to the decreasing of shard drop rate
- Galactic war has yet to receive some sort of balancing update, I shouldn't have to score low in arena matches just to increase my chances of being paired with a decent opponent in GW

Don't even get me started with other miscellaneous updates such as the shard exchange shop. For a company that claims to review player complaints consistently you are doing a pretty poor job
Post edited by Deathstroke on

Replies

• With the exception of the shard drop rate decrease (which I haven't experienced) I agree with what you said, especially their so called 'viable solution' to key card battles.

But I'm glad they didn't add any new characters. Of what use are they til they fix the credit problem. I already have 45ish toons that I want to level and make better, but no credits to do it. I don't need more level 1 characters that I can't use for anything

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Here's some sugar for the high horse of yours...

This is so old it makes dinosaurs look infantile.
  • From where I am standing, the update was pretty OK. Just putting it out there, we all perceive things differently.

Shard drop rate has been good for me, bad for my wife, par for the course.

GW looks to your best Arena position, not the current one, as per information available elsewhere on the forums. Me and wife have been clearing it regularly (70 and 64 tonight respectively).

If you're a whale, Rex is not enough. For the rest of us F2Ps and P2Ps, it's OK, we don't have to worry about too many exclusive toons :tongue!

Key card challenges and the infamous release notes don't need an answer, too much has already been said about them.

In the meantime, happy valentine's day to everyone. Little high and have to get back to the wife, enjoy every body.

• February release notes post sure made it seem like we had a lot to look forward to but I'm officially convinced EA/CG is full of ****.

- Promised a variety of new characters, all we got was Rex (chromium exclusive) and Yoda
    - Promised a viable solution to key card battles; completely screwed us over with that by making it even worse
    - Galactic war has yet to receive some sort of balancing update, I shouldn't have to score low in arena matches just to increase my chances of being paired with a decent opponent in GW

Don't even get me started with other miscellaneous updates such as the shard exchange shop. For a company that claims to review player complaints consistently you are doing a pretty poor job

I really agree, I'm sure the update suited a lot of people, but I was just expecting it to give me a much greater incentive to play. The improved layouts are nice but the new event system and shard shop just don't appeal to me
  • It's growing on me. Yoda'ing Poe everytime makes for easy matches, at least until people adjust and junk Poe. The new speed system is nice. I can form a strategy based upon who I am certain will go in what order. If they would stop being so stingey with credits and training droids, I could be a lot happier. I let my rage about Poe and Phasma nerfs go after I got my refund for the Force Awakens pack.

Shard shop is silly, and we need new characters released in GW and Arena. Gear drops seem worse, but character shards seem about the same for me. Probably a brief cold streak. Arena is just more fun in general now than it was before if you accept that speed is king and build that way.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    Yoda'ing Poe...

Meaning?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I just spent 160 squad arena energy and only got 1 shard. 16 battles! 1 Shard! Rediculous!!!
  • LSkywalkerr
    105 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Little high.

+1
  • Yoda always goes before Poe now. His third ability removes a 40% of Poe's turn meter 65% of the time. Pretty much always works for me. Yoda goes first, bumps Poe to last, then my team can wipe out their damage dealers with no interference. By the time Poe gets his turn, he's meaningless.
  • 1A36BE40-644A-4EE5-90F0-C34721F71C7E_zpsss8l90ed.jpg
  • I've been running Sid, Yoda, Kylo, Poe, and Phasma. My Poe works, his doesn't. I think Poe and Phasma will be replaced by QGJ and Lumi when I get them finished.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Yoda always goes before Poe now. His third ability removes a 40% of Poe's turn meter 65% of the time. Pretty much always works for me. Yoda goes first, bumps Poe to last, then my team can wipe out their damage dealers with no interference. By the time Poe gets his turn, he's meaningless.
    Thanks. That's not even the move I was thinking of, which was to just use Battle Meditation immediately so everyone on the team resists his turn meter manipulation (if that works?). Poor Poe, they sure did a number on him last week.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Yoda always goes before Poe now. His third ability removes a 40% of Poe's turn meter 65% of the time. Pretty much always works for me. Yoda goes first, bumps Poe to last, then my team can wipe out their damage dealers with no interference. By the time Poe gets his turn, he's meaningless.
    Thanks. That's not even the move I was thinking of, which was to just use Battle Meditation immediately so everyone on the team resists his turn meter manipulation (if that works?). Poor Poe, they sure did a number on him last week.

The AI does this too. I've been having success with Yoda by holding off on the Battle Meditation until Yoda has foresight. It's a match winner the moment it spreads.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Lol, you are in a bad RNG time, it is compleatly the opposit for me, the last couple of days have been the best shard giving ever for me, but they did say they would try to come up with a way to make it more even in drops, so the long "no drops" would not happen, also meaning that the good streak I'm in, also won't happen, it sounds easy to get the drops to feel even, but it's quite tricky(I think) with the way this game is running
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • With the exception of the shard drop rate decrease (which I haven't experienced) I agree with what you said, especially their so called 'viable solution' to key card battles.

But I'm glad they didn't add any new characters. Of what use are they til they fix the credit problem. I already have 45ish toons that I want to level and make better, but no credits to do it. I don't need more level 1 characters that I can't use for anything

You will experience the chard drop soon. I thought people were over complaining as usual, & then today... Or tonight, my chard drop was the lowest ever... Since November. Lame
  • Tardis1205 wrote: »
    I just spent 160 squad arena energy and only got 1 shard. 16 battles! 1 Shard! Rediculous!!!

I feel you; same here...
  • Where did they say a variety of characters?
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Poor Poe, they sure did a number on him last week.

+1. Lets find someone else everyone looks forward to getting and nerf them too after people spend a month farming it.

You have a mini list of ways to ruin the game for others right Qeltar?
  • Only one new character in a chrome pack at that is a complete and utter insult. I've been permanently dehyped for any future announcement. This game will never meet its potential when EA prioritizes milking buyers over anything
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Removing poe's turn meter is the most highly illogical thing to do with yoda.

Let's assume that you have 5 toons who are all faster than poe and the enemy team.All of your toons go first, then the opponent starts off with poe's taunt.The rest of the opponent's toons take their turns and now it is your toons' turn to go again.Assuming you have qgj, you're probably going to dispell taunt and apply offence up buff to the rest of your team.game over

Let's assume the same scenario, but this time, yoda removes poe's turn meter.After all of your toons complete their turn, the opponent's toons will move before poe, and then finally poe taunts.Now, depending on the speed of the opponent's toons, there is a chance that the opponent's toons will go before you for the second round.

• Qeltar wrote: »

Not in small part by your strong and persistent call to ritually murder the guy btw. Notnthat you had asked what they did either ...

• There have been three new heroes added to the game data. They will be the 'February heroes to be released' that we were promised. Check Reddit for details as I can't tell anyone here.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Tardis1205 wrote: »
    I just spent 160 squad arena energy and only got 1 shard. 16 battles! 1 Shard! Rediculous!!!

I got +1 more than you today, its RNG really, yesterday I got 8/16. today 2/16....
  • Is anyone still bothered by the spelling in the title?
  • Is anyone still bothered by the spelling in the title?

+1 lmao
  • Mr_Eel
    124 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Zekex wrote: »

Removing poe's turn meter is the most highly illogical thing to do with yoda.

Let's assume that you have 5 toons who are all faster than poe and the enemy team.All of your toons go first, then the opponent starts off with poe's taunt.The rest of the opponent's toons take their turns and now it is your toons' turn to go again.Assuming you have qgj, you're probably going to dispell taunt and apply offence up buff to the rest of your team.game over

Let's assume the same scenario, but this time, yoda removes poe's turn meter.After all of your toons complete their turn, the opponent's toons will move before poe, and then finally poe taunts.Now, depending on the speed of the opponent's toons, there is a chance that the opponent's toons will go before you for the second round.

My Yoda strategy is a bandaid for a lack of QGJ. With no taunt removal on my team, I have to nullify Poe quickly. Having Poe on my team too allows me to go first everytime in the second round. I can't really drop Poe from my team until others do for that reason. When my QGJ hits 6*, gear 8, I will put him in.

Generally speaking, I want to be using Yoda's basic attack first turn to make him hard to burn down and make it necessary to hit him with something. If I spread foresight, it's all over. It usually eats a Sid, Phasma, or Kylo AoE, which saves quite a bit of damage or trouble. I have found that using Battle Meditation first turn accomplishes very little, if anything. Resisting something 1/6 times isn't worth it alone in a three round battle.

When I do add QGJ as lead, I may have to try the same strategy of immediate turn meter reduction on Dooku teams to avoid the guaranteed stun on Yoda first thing. He's currently unplayable against Dooku without QGJ leading. The foresight from Ataru could take care of the stun if it wasn't for the counterattack eating it. I hate Dooku with a passion. Seeing him makes me dread a long, infuriating battle.
    Post edited by Mr_Eel on
  • Pure garbage is an exaggeration. They fixed a ton of bugs, modernized the menus, simplified the equipment chaos, basically gave Yoda away, & updated the graphics. The update was a success. Characters will come slowly and a tiny % of players have more than 1/2 of the heroes active. I personally don't have issues with GW. I have experienced lower drop rates though.
  • February release notes post sure made it seem like we had a lot to look forward to but I'm officially convinced EA/CG is full of ****.

Company: we have reviewed your every comment and identified through our most advanced state of the art processing computer, the best way to exploit most money from unwitting public. Without making them cold quit playing/paying. Thanks for your input. Although we have not improved the game you received, we have improved our money grabbing algorithm exponentially. And we appreciate your business. Our business your money
  • Only thing I really dislike is the lack of changes for armor and the unnecessary poe nerf when they were going to change the speed sustem, allow turn meter resist.

To add insult to injury they didn't update us on that in the patch notes.

Otherwise the game is fine.
  • There have been three new heroes added to the game data. They will be the 'February heroes to be released' that we were promised. Check Reddit for details as I can't tell anyone here.

I searched reddit and didn't find any clues to who the new character might be.