Leia's zeta - what is your experience?

Prev1
I'm giving serious thought to placing my next zeta on Leia since I can't keep up with everyone on the meta and it may give me an advantage. I currently have one zeta on CLS, two on R2, and one on Solo.

What have you noticed so far either having a zeta on Leia or playing against Leia with a zeta?

Replies

• She is good for GW and HAAT, I don't use her in Arena, but 5% Prot+Health regeneration wouldn't be enough to compensate for all the High damage dealing toons. A zeta would be much better on ATF, but if you stumble across Zarriss+GK combo it will be Game Over.
  • She is good for GW and HAAT, I don't use her in Arena, but 5% Prot+Health regeneration wouldn't be enough to compensate for all the High damage dealing toons. A zeta would be much better on ATF, but if you stumble across Zarriss+GK combo it will be Game Over.

I don't have ATF otherwise that would be a great option. I do run her in arena, however, as a team of CLS/Zolo/R2/Leia/OB.

I agree it wouldn't be too much of a protection against high damage toons. Even 90k protection on GK falls quickly when I attack with Zolo or Leia. What I'm hoping you guys tell me is that it's enough to keep her around with some Burn or Damage over Time on her, or possibly get one extra hit off a decent toon by climbing quickly. With her triple hits, it would be 15% bonus of health and protection. Granted, that's when she hits x3 but she definitely seems to hit twice or thrice now more than once.
  • Napoli wrote: »
    She is good for GW and HAAT, I don't use her in Arena, but 5% Prot+Health regeneration wouldn't be enough to compensate for all the High damage dealing toons. A zeta would be much better on ATF, but if you stumble across Zarriss+GK combo it will be Game Over.

I don't have ATF otherwise that would be a great option. I do run her in arena, however, as a team of CLS/Zolo/R2/Leia/OB.

I agree it wouldn't be too much of a protection against high damage toons. Even 90k protection on GK falls quickly when I attack with Zolo or Leia. What I'm hoping you guys tell me is that it's enough to keep her around with some Burn or Damage over Time on her, or possibly get one extra hit off a decent toon by climbing quickly. With her triple hits, it would be 15% bonus of health and protection. Granted, that's when she hits x3 but she definitely seems to hit twice or thrice now more than once.

What I am trying to say is that in Arena having a zeta on Leia makes no difference. She would either get completely destroyed by high burst damage or if you are able to play her out correctly, she will be under stealth 100% of the time, Burn won't help much, especially with double zeta on R2 that dispels on crit. So technically if you are able to keep her stealthed and protect her with a tank or two, you won't need that much prot/hp regen.
    She is good for GW and HAAT, I don't use her in Arena, but 5% Prot+Health regeneration wouldn't be enough to compensate for all the High damage dealing toons. A zeta would be much better on ATF, but if you stumble across Zarriss+GK combo it will be Game Over.

What I am trying to say is that in Arena having a zeta on Leia makes no difference. She would either get completely destroyed by high burst damage or if you are able to play her out correctly, she will be under stealth 100% of the time, Burn won't help much, especially with double zeta on R2 that dispels on crit. So technically if you are able to keep her stealthed and protect her with a tank or two, you won't need that much prot/hp regen.

I understood what you were saying. I probably wasn't clear in my response. What I am hoping is that it's enough to keep Leia around for an extra turn in two instances.

First, when she's near 0% health and R2 does his AoE burn and takes her out. In other words, if she has a turn before this and would normally get almost no gain but instead ends up with 15% more health and protection, will that give her a single extra turn.

Second, if she's mid-range on health or health/protection and lands a double or trip shot, should that be able to keep her around one extra turn unless hit with an enemies max special on the next turn.

If those two answers are yes, then for the team I run that would have an effect on arena I would be willing to invest in a zeta for. On the other hand, if neither one works I'll go somewhere else. But I see those two situations as being potentially beneficial in arena while I certainly see where you are coming from.
    Napoli wrote: »

First, when she's near 0% health and R2 does his AoE burn and takes her out. In other words, if she has a turn before this and would normally get almost no gain but instead ends up with 15% more health and protection, will that give her a single extra turn.

Second, if she's mid-range on health or health/protection and lands a double or trip shot, should that be able to keep her around one extra turn unless hit with an enemies max special on the next turn.

That's what I am saying, you mustn't let her get that low in terms of hp and protection. You've got Zolo - 2 attacks are easily 20k+ dmg. My Leia with double stealth deals 16k+ per attack on GK. She can easily take him out in like 2-3 turns? With Zolo and CLS on her side, GK mustn't last more than a turn, 2 at most. After that all you need to do is get rid of the rest of the enemy squad.

Yes. You can help her regain some hp and protection with the zeta, and it can save you from a couple of dots/burn if you double or triple tap. However if she is getting that low, then you're doing something wrong and you need to rethink your strategy.
    Napoli wrote: »

That's what I am saying, you mustn't let her get that low in terms of hp and protection. You've got Zolo - 2 attacks are easily 20k+ dmg. My Leia with double stealth deals 16k+ per attack on GK. She can easily take him out in like 2-3 turns? With Zolo and CLS on her side, GK mustn't last more than a turn, 2 at most. After that all you need to do is get rid of the rest of the enemy squad.

Yes. You can help her regain some hp and protection with the zeta, and it can save you from a couple of dots/burn if you double or triple tap. However if she is getting that low, then you're doing something wrong and you need to rethink your strategy.

My strategy with her is pretty solid. She's usually around until the end of the battle. But she'll get to those points I mentioned near the end of the battle. It seems like either she'll face those situations near the end or you'll never lose a match. Having her at low health near the end also seems to beat not having her around near the end. I don't know a strategy that enables her to stay beyond danger until the end of every match. What do you do?
  • I just G12'd my leia and zeta'd her this morning... this brought her hp to just over 20k and protection to just over 22k... like +30 phy atk i believe... so 2-3k boost on hp/protection each... g12 not worth it... although she is one of the easier ones to g12.

If you want her durability to go up then zeta her... it does make a difference, not huge but it certainly helps... i raised her tenacity to over 70% to hang in there i lil longer vs r2 on her last bit of steam and the zeta works...usually.

Now after g12+ stuff she will be right about 30k hp and gets 5% hpsteal which i think is gonna be the biggest difference since given she crits around 15-20k thats a potential 3k hp alone from hpsteal + the 5% hp heal from zeta on 30k hp is 4500hp so thats potentially 7500 hp in addition to the protection on a triple tap... so thats gonna be the diffrence maker on leia... that g12 mk12 armatek multitool... another piece adds ALOT of dmg too...

To recap...
    Zeta -yes
    g12- maybe later, not a diffrence maker in itself

Oh and yes the hp/protection gain on zeta works if she misses too, on like foresight...
  • Her zeta doesn't do much in arena. It's pretty good in TB and phase4 HAAT though
  • Helpful experience - thanks.

Would you guys put a second zeta (if so, which one) on CLS before Leia?
  • Tbh luke is great even when he is completly zeta-less. If you really like your team and want to continue running the new hope dream team, than I wouldn't think twice about zetaing leia. You'll do fine without the zetas on luke for the mean time
  • @Napoli if you have raid han he is far more deserving of the zeta...

Leias zeta is one i probably should have saved... it is useful in the GW & TB without question thoigh so im not regretting it, i just could have maybe used it after zetaing another first.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    @Napoli if you have raid han he is far more deserving of the zeta...

Leias zeta is one i probably should have saved... it is useful in the GW & TB without question thoigh so im not regretting it, i just could have maybe used it after zetaing another first.

I've got Han's zeta. I'd like to stick with my arena team of CLS/Han/R2/Leia/Old Ben.

Since I have one on CLS, both on R2, and Han's only zeta, then realistically I'm looking to do a second on CLS or a first on Leia.
  • I haven't zeta anything on CLS yet... so i cannot help there... but i can say with certainty that zhan better than zleia. I think getting a potential few extra turns via CLS is probably better overall for leia.
    I haven't zeta anything on CLS yet... so i cannot help there... but i can say with certainty that zhan better than zleia. I think getting a potential few extra turns via CLS is probably better overall for leia.

Extra turns via which CLS zeta? I've got his Binds All Things, so I'd be looking at Leia and Han both with zetas, or no Leia zeta but Han + 2x CLS.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Not worth it. My guild mate gave a zeta to her, used for a few days at arena and came to the same conclusion people already said here, that zeta is good for P4 raids only. Gain of 5% is too low when OG Han or Luke can crit 30k for example.

Besides, always need to count on good rng, u need at least double or triple attack all the time to be decent.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Not worth it. My guild mate gave a zeta to her, used for a few days at arena and came to the same conclusion people already said here, that zeta is good for P4 raids only. Gain of 5% is too low when OG Han or Luke can crit 30k for example.

Besides, always need to count on good rng, u need at least double or triple attack all the time to be decent.

True that. Funny how +50% in the description rarely seems to be +50% in reality. It's like the TFP ship supposedly placing target lock 70% of the time. Just doesn't happen.

How would you rank the order for these zetas:

CLS - Lead
    CLS - Learn Control
    Leia
    Old Ben - Devoted Protector
    Old Ben - If You Strike Me Down
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @Napoli tough decisions!!

I think CLS learn control is not that big deal, since we all try to play with call to action "activated" and AI too. The leadership is interesting ( i zeta it), so when R2 inflict burn against a full tenacity up squad, means +25% TM to all rebels. On other hand, Rex and Chirrut kind of disappeared at arena, at least on my shard.

A shard mate zetad old Ben if u strike me down, it's a good one, 2 or 3 hits and Ben trigger mind tricks, but i guess u need thrawn or Nihilus playing alongside for a more survivable team. Said that, since u don't have Kenobi yet, i sure would zeta devoted protector, so u get an extra taunt to keep squishy rebels more time alive.

I don't like to count on rng, that means your only protection after Ben taunt is over, is R2 smoke screen, and pray for a counter attacks almost always, so enemy don't kill u fast. If u have one zeta i would give to old Ben for more protection and second to Luke leadership. So far i like how your mods are set on toons with what u got now, speed must be more important.

• SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Napoli tough decisions!!

I think CLS learn control is not that big deal, since we all try to play with call to action "activated" and AI too. The leadership is interesting ( i zeta it), so when R2 inflict burn against a full tenacity up squad, means +25% TM to all rebels. On other hand, Rex and Chirrut kind of disappeared at arena, at least on my shard.

A shard mate zetad old Ben if u strike me down, it's a good one, 2 or 3 hits and Ben trigger mind tricks, but i guess u need thrawn or Nihilus playing alongside for a more survivable team. Said that, since u don't have Kenobi yet, i sure would zeta devoted protector, so u get an extra taunt to keep squishy rebels more time alive.

I don't like to count on rng, that means your only protection after Ben taunt is over, is R2 smoke screen, and pray for a counter attacks almost always, so enemy don't kill u fast. If u have one zeta i would give to old Ben for more protection and second to Luke leadership. So far i like how your mods are set on toons with what u got now, speed must be more important.

Probably the most solid advice I've received so far. Thanks!

Someone on another thread is recommending a switch to Pathfinder. I'm tempted. I just am really hesitant because of how low his speed is.

Ben has been up there in my considerations. He's just my weakest toon in arena. I'm more than a little surprised I hold as well as I do. If I end up switching, that will be a zeta I'll never really see use for again except in really isolated instances.

Tough....
  • Love the zeta on Leia and it is a big help in arena. She can 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 teams with it. I've 1 v 3 CLS, thrawn, and R2 with it. Remember, she also gains foresight on re-stealth so they will wiff a lot. If they do hit her under CLS lead, than she can counter with 2 hits. Also, it's not just prot regen - it's also health regen. And she gains TM on basic attacks. So if you're 2 v 1 with Leia, after a stealth, one will miss - if she's hit she may counter attack. Then it's her turn. Very possible that you get 4-5 attacks out of that, which is 20-25% prot regen and also 20-25% health. She's great with the zeta as a finisher.

Also, if you're running her with R2, typically it won't come down to her vs. Han as Han is squishy and an early target to kill.
  • Love the zeta on Leia and it is a big help in arena. She can 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 teams with it. I've 1 v 3 CLS, thrawn, and R2 with it. Remember, she also gains foresight on re-stealth so they will wiff a lot. If they do hit her under CLS lead, than she can counter with 2 hits. Also, it's not just prot regen - it's also health regen. And she gains TM on basic attacks. So if you're 2 v 1 with Leia, after a stealth, one will miss - if she's hit she may counter attack. Then it's her turn. Very possible that you get 4-5 attacks out of that, which is 20-25% prot regen and also 20-25% health. She's great with the zeta as a finisher.

Also, if you're running her with R2, typically it won't come down to her vs. Han as Han is squishy and an early target to kill.

This is a perspective from the positive side I was hoping to see. It does seem like if she gets to the end she'll get stronger (or healthier) as everyone else gets weaker. Problem is one special from CLS can take her out. You're right Han should usually be gone by then.

So someone else did a zeta on Leia and regretted it. Sounds like you're very much on board with a being a help in arena. Lots to think about.
  • Well, @SpeedRacer - I just tried out a battle with Pathfinder. The speed was a serious issue as he never got his taunt off between the Nihilus in this battle and just being darn slow. But the battle went about as well as it would with Old Ben - easy win.

I tried to pay attention on his basic shot for the TM bonus. I don't know if it was bias or not but it seemed like I was noticing a difference. I'm tempted to try it out a bit longer. I'm one stun gun away from G10. Thankfully I don't need them for anyone else. You know, like the 87 crafted guns needed to take the rest of my team to G12.
  • @Napoli i can't give u an opinion about that, really never saw a Scarif at arena. Yeah, I heard his basic works well to give TM, but aeo attacks are not good, at least against the current Luke counter attack meta. Old Ben inflict the same offense down plus ability block and don't use aeo attack, i think after his rework it's more close to the meta than Scarif and the old jedi TM gain unique helps to be way faster.

Looking to the other side, Scarif will use taunt first as Ben mind tricks. Even tough i would go with Obi-Wan.

Maybe run some tests until u reach a decision. Sure, these tank toons eat lots of carbatis at breakfast , lol!!
  • I've come to same conclusion with srp also, yours is couple gear pieces ahead of mine at g9 too... too slow but he can come back when buffed so idk maybe i need to gear him up since i use bistans ship anyway.

Ive thrown in old ben and K2 as tanks as well and neither really lasts long vs. Gk lead w zarris swarming... i almost prefer using atf as a tank since she recovers from status effects (if she lives that is) and counters and get that 40% protection for herself and a random ally. Using cls lead and /r2/leia im really having a hard time finding an arena viable tank since i don't have GK. I have used chaze up until now but baze don't cut it anymore. Incorporating leia is alot more difficult without GK or a zeta raid han.
    I've come to same conclusion with srp also, yours is couple gear pieces ahead of mine at g9 too... too slow but he can come back when buffed so idk maybe i need to gear him up since i use bistans ship anyway.

Ive thrown in old ben and K2 as tanks as well and neither really lasts long vs. Gk lead w zarris swarming... i almost prefer using atf as a tank since she recovers from status effects (if she lives that is) and counters and get that 40% protection for herself and a random ally. Using cls lead and /r2/leia im really having a hard time finding an arena viable tank since i don't have GK. I have used chaze up until now but baze don't cut it anymore. Incorporating leia is alot more difficult without GK or a zeta raid han.

Ouch. Man, whoever thought the day would come when you feel bad for someone for using Baze.

Believe it or not, Old Ben has done a tremendous job for me even at G9 (1 piece short of G10 and it will stay that way for a while). I had him at about 203 speed which is pretty good for him. When I'm able to stealth R2 and get a good stun off with Han, he almost always gets to use his TM-removal and buff block and I don't feel too bad when he dies because I get a strong bonus. His zeta would give a +25% TM upon his death and that might be enough to seal the deal for me. The drawback is that he has a worthless basic.

Thankfully I have a zeta on Han Solo and have him modded so I get three shots in a row after his opening bonus turn. It does a pretty good job and I can usually get a 5-4 advantage quick - as in 5 toons against 4, not merely 4 toons alive and 1 toon stunned.

I'll try out Pathfinder for at least half a day unless I drop too fast. I'm happy to share what I learn if you're interested at all. His gear is something I've had my eye on too because of his ship bonus when he reaches G10. But with all this gear needed to move CLS, R2, and Han to G12 it's really hard to justify - especially when Old Ben functions so well with low gear. In fact, in trying about 15 combinations when I moved to a CLS lead I almost didn't try Ben because it seemed so fruitless. But I put him in and instead of normally hanging around 30-50, I jumped to almost always Top 20 - and often Top 10. I even hit #1 at payout yesterday for the first time ever. And it's not a weak shard: Dec. 2015.

Let me know if you find anything interesting in your own experiments.
    Love the zeta on Leia and it is a big help in arena. She can 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 teams with it. I've 1 v 3 CLS, thrawn, and R2 with it. Remember, she also gains foresight on re-stealth so they will wiff a lot. If they do hit her under CLS lead, than she can counter with 2 hits. Also, it's not just prot regen - it's also health regen. And she gains TM on basic attacks. So if you're 2 v 1 with Leia, after a stealth, one will miss - if she's hit she may counter attack. Then it's her turn. Very possible that you get 4-5 attacks out of that, which is 20-25% prot regen and also 20-25% health. She's great with the zeta as a finisher.

This is a perspective from the positive side I was hoping to see. It does seem like if she gets to the end she'll get stronger (or healthier) as everyone else gets weaker. Problem is one special from CLS can take her out. You're right Han should usually be gone by then.

So someone else did a zeta on Leia and regretted it. Sounds like you're very much on board with a being a help in arena. Lots to think about.

Very deadly in arena - I'm on a soft-launch Nov '15 server with very strong players in the top 20. I'll have her g12 tomorrow. On non-CLS toons (that don't get the defense leader bonus from CLS) she's putting down 20-21k+ crits on the basic. Will be great once I get this last gear piece on her. The guaranteed heal + prot regen has won me more than my fair share of matches. Combined with the foresight gain, she's actually pretty durable - especially behind CLS lead and counter attacking.
  • @JohnnySteelAlpha it's interesting to hear another opinion about it, maybe on my shard people decided that Han shot first would be an advantage to stun enemy, since everybody is using him. Would u like to see how u modded her to reach that firepower, can u post your swog.gg like? Thanks!
    Love the zeta on Leia and it is a big help in arena. She can 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 teams with it. I've 1 v 3 CLS, thrawn, and R2 with it. Remember, she also gains foresight on re-stealth so they will wiff a lot. If they do hit her under CLS lead, than she can counter with 2 hits. Also, it's not just prot regen - it's also health regen. And she gains TM on basic attacks. So if you're 2 v 1 with Leia, after a stealth, one will miss - if she's hit she may counter attack. Then it's her turn. Very possible that you get 4-5 attacks out of that, which is 20-25% prot regen and also 20-25% health. She's great with the zeta as a finisher.

Very deadly in arena - I'm on a soft-launch Nov '15 server with very strong players in the top 20. I'll have her g12 tomorrow. On non-CLS toons (that don't get the defense leader bonus from CLS) she's putting down 20-21k+ crits on the basic. Will be great once I get this last gear piece on her. The guaranteed heal + prot regen has won me more than my fair share of matches. Combined with the foresight gain, she's actually pretty durable - especially behind CLS lead and counter attacking.

@JohnnySteelAlpha - So I'm on a Dec 2015 shard and I'm still having difficulty with the top tier Rex leads. I think I've narrowed my next zeta down to Luke lead for exactly that purpose - or Leia. The question comes down to what gets me more of a boost. Leia will help against CLS teams that come down to the wire. CLS lead helps against Rex leads.

Where do you think I'd find the most crossover benefits: Leia against Rex or CLS lead against CLS teams?
  • Oh well, this seems weird, lol

Tested Leia all day long on arena and i have to admite that was a good surprise! Even with bad rng, since she remains stealthed most of the time, probably will go for last, giving her more turns. Using raid Han against Rex lead the diferent was something to considerer, because it never goes well, since u shoot twice always giving initial enemy squad TM.

Mine is still g10, missing that 2 cuffs, now i'm thinking to equip and see if i can get more firepower. Her gear is similar to Han, lots of mk8, so might to decide between them.
  • I zeta'd Leia. November 2015 Shard. I run CLS (2 zetas), R2 (1 zeta), GK, DN (1 zeta) +....zKylo. I put Leia in for a bit, but she would either be the only one left at the end (which makes stealth useless) or is simply to squishy to handle the high burst damage from opponents' CLS, Raid Han or Thrawn.

She is great in GW and in TB for her ability to recoup over time - but in arena, it's just over too quick.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @Nikoms565 using Nihilus, but wouldn't Thrawn be a better option there? The sith must be very fast, otherwise won't have time to trigger anihilate.

I still struggle a bit against Rex squads with CLS lead, does zKylo on defense works better than raid Han or Leia? Sometimes i fell to use Rex, his squad TM gain can't be beaten.