edited September 2017
What is best current F2P Arena team?

What should I be using until then? I have these at 7*
Obi-Wan Kenobi (L)
Qui-Gon Jinn
Rey
Geonosian Soldier
Stormtrooper Han
That was my arena team when I last played. Oddly my rank only fell to about 800, its really hard to climb though. Very old shard...I started within a month of release.

Teebo
Royal Guard
Poe Dameron
Poggle the Lesser
Old Daka
Luminara Unduli
Mace Windu
Magmatrooper
Kylo Ren
Jedi Consular
IG-86 Sentinel Droid
IG-88
Hoth Rebel Scout
Grand Master Yoda
Greedo
CT-5555 "Fives"
Admiral Ackbar
Darth Sidious
Eeth Koth
Count Dooku
Captain Phasma
Biggs Darklighter

Replies

• My friend... you will probably want to just start over with a new account. I left the game for a year shortly after it began and it took more than a year to climb up to the top rankings (Dec. 2015 shard).
  • Yeah, I think that's your best option
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • I thought about that (starting over) but I made a second account once to play more and get a better arena payout time zone a few whales made it impossible to reach the top 10 and I got disinterested. I assume whales would have a larger effect now as they would reach higher levels much more quickly and then start getting mods and ships well before me.

I am very far behind on ships and mods but I have a healthy roster of 7* that would take like a year or more to duplicate. I am about 450 rank on my arena shard which is funny based on not playing for a long time or having a single mod in. I joined a random guild and we clear heroic rancor in like 3 hours and I got 10th place. I think I am not so bad off.

Regardless I would be asking the same question I am now. What should I be working on for a f2p arena team.

The other question would be how to reset your account that is linked to Google play account, if I go that route.
  • That becomes a pretty difficult question then. I guess if it's the same question as if you started over, you may want to build up a Phoenix squad. It's your fastest route to the multiple meta-building toons and it won't make much difference whether you rise a bit or fall a bit with where you're at in arena in the long run.
  • Whether you start new or beef your old one:

#1 - Scoundrels
    #2 - Rebels
    #3 - Empire

5 of each for a full squad. This will get you most of the great stuff in the game. In order to be proficient in every aspect of the game, you'll have to be a whale to some degree. That said, if you're F2P I would only focus on 12-15 toons from the 3 categories above (some can work in 2 categories). I have a video with more detail in the link below, but hopefully this makes enough sense. Good luck and welcome back.
  • Ansroff wrote: »
    Whether you start new or beef your old one:

#1 - Scoundrels
    #2 - Rebels
    #3 - Empire

5 of each for a full squad. This will get you most of the great stuff in the game. In order to be proficient in every aspect of the game, you'll have to be a whale to some degree. That said, if you're F2P I would only focus on 12-15 toons from the 3 categories above (some can work in 2 categories). I have a video with more detail in the link below, but hopefully this makes enough sense. Good luck and welcome back.

With the exception of empire I pretty much have those covered. If I could get EP and 60 more Vader shards and work on tarkin that would be done.
  • @Randall you have a few different routes that you could go.

The Quick - For this route, you actually have a fork in the road known as Resistance vs Rebels.

Resistance - zFinn(L), Poe, RT, Rey, and RP/R2

These guys are great because of their TM manipulation. It takes roughly two and a half months to max them to G11 and 7* which is relatively quick. They are one of the best teams for HAAT, the best for GW, do decent damage in Rancor, smash TB and can compete in top end arena (http://swgoh.gg/u/commodorecudz/).

Being a fast farm and a powerhouse, you can catch up much quicker with these guys than most squads. You need to join a guild that raids often to pick up RT and Rey shards in the guild shop (otherwise the farm is brutal). If you want R2, you need a full team of 7* empire at G7/G8 with decent mods.

Resistance will get a buff with the new movie as well. Good to keep in mind.

Rebels - CLS(L), R2, Wedge/Biggs/Leia/Raid Han/GK

These guys are good because they are pretty easy farms all around (except CLS). You will need to farm Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Leia and STHan all to 7* to unlock CLS. Not to mention that you also need to finish a 7* Empire squad to get R2 to 7* for CLS as well.

It seems like a rough farm, but they aren't too bad being Rebels. They are competitive in arena and can do well in HAAT, Rancor and TB. They aren't bad in GW either.

Rebels are always getting buffed. It's a lasting faction.

The Slow - Some people find this a lot more satisfying, until they realize it was a mistake.

Your Favorites - Sith, Jedi, Scoundrels, etc.

Some people choose to farm their favorite squads, or whatever is currently doing well in arena. I won't fault you for chasing down the next big thing in PvP, but it's not worth it in my opinion. If you only find enjoyment in gearing up and collecting heroes from your youth, that's up to you. Enjoyment is different for everyone when it comes to swgoh.

I will say this. Farming a faction that is proven to last through each meta, and can contribute to multiple areas of the game, will always be the fastest way to grow. There are many options out there that do well in a specific raid, or in the arena, but few can do it all.

It's time to choose. Best of luck on your journey. I hope you stick with it ;)
  • Poe, Rey, and RP are all 7* and in good shape for gear. I can work in RT and Finn. My RT is 4* but I ignored Finn.

Rebels would be more work as I only have Biggs 7* and they generally have lower gear levels. My empire toons are very weak but old Ben, Leia, and STH are all in good shape. Just need 25 more Leia shards for 7*.

I need so little for resistance I could work on them and extras that I need for some challenges and ships and empire. Mods are dicey as Finn needs cantina energy but I probably have that problem with every team. If resistance team can get me top 50 in arena assuming I can mod and gear them up this is probably the most logical choice as it let's me work on getting caught up elsewhere by maximizing my previous efforts.
  • Randall wrote: »
    Poe, Rey, and RP are all 7* and in good shape for gear. I can work in RT and Finn. My RT is 4* but I ignored Finn.

Rebels would be more work as I only have Biggs 7* and they generally have lower gear levels. My empire toons are very weak but old Ben, Leia, and STH are all in good shape. Just need 25 more Leia shards for 7*.

I need so little for resistance I could work on them and extras that I need for some challenges and ships and empire. Mods are dicey as Finn needs cantina energy but I probably have that problem with every team. If resistance team can get me top 50 in arena assuming I can mod and gear them up this is probably the most logical choice as it let's me work on getting caught up elsewhere by maximizing my previous efforts.

Top 50 is definitely achievable. Once you finish getting Finn to 7*, make sure you take a look at the mods on some of the top 50 guys in your leaderboard. Rule of thumb is to keep Poe and R2 faster than every enemy toon. It isn't too bad considering they have high base speed and Resistance unlocks speed mod sets.

Another big thing is that Finn needs a zeta to tie this squad together. You should start farming zeta mats now if you haven't already.
  • I just looked how to get zeta, apparently I need lots of 5* ships. That is a work in progress.
  • So now we have 4 han solos so you can make the han squad