Territory Battles Reward Feedback [Mega]

15678911Next

Replies

• Options
    A feedback thread in general discussion?
    Is that in order to bring balance to the forum??
  • Options
    Just want to see how everyone did. TB required a lot of coordination and both of my guilds did an excellent job. It took multiple hours of work by the officers to coordinate platoon deployment but it also increased the level of excitement among the guildmates. I think this is an excellent feature. Guild event shop is shaping up to be one of the better shops so everyone is motivated to upgrade their roster. My 54-55M guild is now 56M+ guild .
  • Options
    Before TB : :smiley::smiley:
    Feels happy, upgrade unused toons, little touch here and there. Be prepare for TB, communication with guildmates more intense.

After TB : :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:
    U have been deceived, dark side toons is useless, u upgrade darkside toon more bcause u like darkside. U even feel more dissapointment after receive the reward.
  • Options
    25* guild and very happy with the rewards. I am glad the gear box was the high-end stuff. I don't need it all yet but I am close to my first g12 char and it will be nice to have that salvage accumulated. A lot of the blocking g11 pieces can be bought in the guild event shop.

I spent maybe 20 mins a day doing actual TB "work", and our guild leader was pretty hands off aside from general strategy. No one did a ton of work, and no one complained about the rewards.

We probably could have squeaked out another couple of stars with crazy time investment, but it didn't seem worth it.

We had a few folks beat the special missions for rolo shards and guild event currency. Next TB will be quicker since we know what we are doing, and the rewards will get better as we are better prepared for special missions. We are all pretty happy with the payout so far and the situation is only going to get better. Getting to the crystal payout was a nice surprise....we figured going in that it wouldn't happen.

I understand why it might be disappointing if you poured hours a day into TB. The simple solution is "don't do that." Also, given that 30-something stars are required just for a chance at fully crafted gear, what made you think you were going to get multiple fully crafted pieces by chasing an extra few stars? There is no way they could design the rewards to scale that fast without totally unbalancing this at the high end of the reward payouts.

Also, HAAT was a drag initially, too. I know this because my guild just took out HAAT for the first time a couple weeks ago. Folks still spend tons of time and frustration attacking and retreating with kylo in p1. P2 is where I attack 10 or 15 times with resistance to maximize RNG. And our guild leader spends a few hours minimum taking a huge bite out of p3. Comparing the HAAT that your guild has been beating on for months and spent months farming for to brand new end game content is silly. As a new HAAT guild, the HAAT is more painful to the top participants than TB.
  • Options
    Next time something like this needs to be tested with FIFTY people working to beat it and not just a few testers. What you have said this is is not what it is in practice for a guild and especially leaders and officers.

On the very first day of TB we already realized that we need the tracking tools to totally be reworked from what you have provided. Takes like half an hour just to assign platoons and hours for folks to find time to log-in and assign them before you can even start doing missions. And this is simplest part of TB and it's already widely longer than what you projected. Once again a simple test and run through would have foreseen all the problems we have with it.

Also I don't think you realize how unhappy people are now with the gear walls. In my case I have around 30 plus toons that need a carb to get past the wall at g6-8. G10 -12 should be a big gear wall, not g6-8 killing any progress in game. Then you throw more carbs, guns and cuffs at g10-12 delaying g6-8 even more.

Throw in lack of credits and leveling stuff and then give us these rewards for all that work in TB while we are still gear walled with majority of rosters and well you get angry irate players on forum. This eruption on forums and in guild chats for rewards after TB was totally easily to forsee happening.

Takes like a week to farm one carb so do I use it on arena team or on this silly PS that EA wants to force me to play with for rewards that are not worth the effort? Simple question here that should have been asked when designing TB requirements and rewards.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Next time something like this needs to be tested with FIFTY people working to beat it and not just a few testers. What you have said this is is not what it is in practice for a guild and especially leaders and officers.

On the very first day of TB we already realized that we need the tracking tools to totally be reworked from what you have provided. Takes like half an hour just to assign platoons and hours for folks to find time to log-in and assign them before you can even start doing missions. And this is simplest part of TB and it's already widely longer than what you projected. Once again a simple test and run through would have foreseen all the problems we have with it.

Also I don't think you realize how unhappy people are now with the gear walls. In my case I have around 30 plus toons that need a carb to get past the wall at g6-8. G10 -12 should be a big gear wall, not g6-8 killing any progress in game. Then you throw more carbs, guns and cuffs at g10-12 delaying g6-8 even more.

Throw in lack of credits and leveling stuff and then give us these rewards for all that work in TB while we are still gear walled with majority of rosters and well you get angry irate players on forum. This eruption on forums and in guild chats for rewards after TB was totally easily to forsee happening.

Takes like a week to farm one carb so do I use it on arena team or on this silly PS that EA wants to force me to play with for rewards that are not worth the effort? Simple question here that should have been asked when designing TB requirements and rewards.

I am pretty sure they are aware of the gear wall. New stun guns require stun guns which requires guns and carbs. No full stun gun drops in any rewards.
  • Options
    If you want to ruin your Friday. Go to a toon that needs carbs. Click on said carbs and then see how many toons need them. If you're still in that week end mood count the scrolls you have to don before you get to the last toon.
  • Options
    @Swordd agreed with the time investment. If nothing changes I'm sure everyone will be happy to do the minimum amount of work in the TB. Just another TerriBle chore and, unlike other game modes, it didn't even take multiple attempts. This one was clearly yet another chore immediately after finishing it.

Also Raids will always get faster and faster as they're set now. If you want to participate fully in TB you got 6 full logins and a growing number of battles to deal with. Your reward for having the extra toons and teams starred? MORE battles to knock through.

The game needs to get a scramble and come up with something else to freshen it up.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    @Swordd agreed with the time investment. If nothing changes I'm sure everyone will be happy to do the minimum amount of work in the TB. Just another TerriBle chore and, unlike other game modes, it didn't even take multiple attempts. This one was clearly yet another chore immediately after finishing it.

Also Raids will always get faster and faster as they're set now. If you want to participate fully in TB you got 6 full logins and a growing number of battles to deal with. Your reward for having the extra toons and teams starred? MORE battles to knock through.

The game needs to get a scramble and come up with something else to freshen it up.

Agreed.
    I love this game but my love for the Star Wars franchise will only get me playing to a certain point. The development team decisions these past few weeks have been questionable, to say the least.
    I mean, take a look at the gear cruch? They release a whole new gear level (GXII) without alleviating the gear crunch on Gears X and XI. Doesnt make any sense.
    Also, the game feels unbalanced and CLS is dominating the meta? No problem, lets just release a counter (out of nowhere, btw), so you either have the counter and compete or don't and get left behind.
    Territory Battles, as a new game mode, feels refreshing, sure, but after probably the 3rd one (if it is still Hoth) it will get boring and dull.
    I'm saying this because there is a clear point where mobile games such as this (with resource management) start going to waste, and I feel we are reaching that point.
    I played Marvel Ultimate Alliance (or something like that) for 2 years, spent cash on it, played everyday, etc, etc, etc, much like what I do in SWGOH. Then they release something like our mods, and then they released mods to mods and eventually the gear crunch was so high that you either had to dump great amount of cash or simply stay logged on all day not to miss refreshes and whatnot.
    Bottom line, this is a game, not a chore, and if people stop having fun, then they quit and the game dies, its a loss-loss situation for everybody.
    :'(
  • Options

Agreed.
    I love this game but my love for the Star Wars franchise will only get me playing to a certain point. The development team decisions these past few weeks have been questionable, to say the least.
    I mean, take a look at the gear cruch? They release a whole new gear level (GXII) without alleviating the gear crunch on Gears X and XI. Doesnt make any sense.
    Also, the game feels unbalanced and CLS is dominating the meta? No problem, lets just release a counter (out of nowhere, btw), so you either have the counter and compete or don't and get left behind.
    Territory Battles, as a new game mode, feels refreshing, sure, but after probably the 3rd one (if it is still Hoth) it will get boring and dull.
    I'm saying this because there is a clear point where mobile games such as this (with resource management) start going to waste, and I feel we are reaching that point.
    I played Marvel Ultimate Alliance (or something like that) for 2 years, spent cash on it, played everyday, etc, etc, etc, much like what I do in SWGOH. Then they release something like our mods, and then they released mods to mods and eventually the gear crunch was so high that you either had to dump great amount of cash or simply stay logged on all day not to miss refreshes and whatnot.
    Bottom line, this is a game, not a chore, and if people stop having fun, then they quit and the game dies, its a loss-loss situation for everybody.
    :'(

Gear crunch 8-10*

• Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Do all guild members receive exactly the same rewards ? Or each receive still different random items from the prize box ?
    You all get the same level of prize box. The contents of the box are randomized.

This is incorrect - all members of the guild receive the EXACT same contents - including the same salvage pieces. I actually hope that part is a bug, as that is fairly lame. I like getting all the same currency/crystals - but getting all 11 salvage of this, 9 salvage of this, 8 salvage of that...is quite disappointing. Especially after a 40-star effort. :/

Hahaha.. You saying that your hopes get destroyed because you can't get better rewards then your guldies... How dare are you?

No, that's not what I am saying. First off, if there is ever any high level gear donating allowed, having all guild members receive the same makes it a moot point, as they will all have (and thus, need) the same things. It's why almost no one ever requests carbantis in guild donation - everyone needs them, what's the point?

Second, if at least some of the guild (whether me or my guildies) got full drops, at least there is a sense that some of us got better fairly quickly. If we all get salvage, we're all just trudging along at the same pace.

Finally, it seems odd that the prize box for TB is the same across all 50 members of a guild - mainly because no other prize box in the game works that way. Prize boxes for raids, for level 85+ daily completion, for tournaments (back then) were all randomized per the individual.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Actually iam pretty unhappy and my willingness to spend goes to zero. Bad loot everywhere, it doesn't matter what you farm the drop chance is bad. So TB fits well to the other parts of the game.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Before TB : :smiley::smiley:
    Feels happy, upgrade unused toons, little touch here and there. Be prepare for TB, communication with guildmates more intense.

After TB : :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:
    U have been deceived, dark side toons is useless, u upgrade darkside toon more bcause u like darkside. U even feel more dissapointment after receive the reward.

Also the toons you felt were ready, obviously were not as 7* gear 10, omeg & zeta ability toons cant make it passed mission 6/6 of a 5* toon requirement!!!