Territory Battles Reward Feedback [Mega]

Replies

• I have suggested a few times that the rewards weren't awful. However, I will point out that if Hermit Yoda is indeed a requirement for Hero's Journey, then they need to make him available somewhere else as well, as farming his shards AND g12 gear salvage AND unfarmable ships shards based on those rewards would be close to impossible.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I have suggested a few times that the rewards weren't awful. However, I will point out that if Hermit Yoda is indeed a requirement for Hero's Journey, then they need to make him available somewhere else as well, as farming his shards AND g12 gear salvage AND unfarmable ships shards based on those rewards would be close to impossible.

Only reason why I'm farming him. Hopefully with yoda unlocking at 5* New Luke will too
  • The guild showing 2 pieces of "crafted" gear is actually just a single piece of salvage. This falls in line with the quality of the gear drops so far.

No it's not those are fully crafted you can see the glowing around the gear and you don't get that on salvage.

Cool - photoshop still works. 26 stars only grants a green box. Green boxes only grant salvage. No chance at full gear.

That's a relief. Didn't **** the rewards levels, and didn't recall what level rewards there were.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Thought the rewards were excellent personally.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    OAYcv86.jpg
    See the glowing? Those are full pieces.
  • I would have been more than happy with those rewards. In line with he time and effort put in.
  • And 23.9 millions of cristals :wink:

• Early Feedback:

Time
    Too much. Took about 30-45 mins a day to complete my chores per phase: P3 onwards, 4 combats at 8 mins a combat is 32 mins. Add some 5 mins to scratch my head looking at platoons, and then some more scratching at where to deploy, that's too much time, Dont suggest me to make a choice between family, job and game.

But I put more time on it. In addition to the above, I felt I had to help coordinate, send messages, shout in the chat, watch, time the battles, so overall, say one hour a day. My prerogative. Ona bright note, I expect it to be only 55 mins/day in the second go. No, really, somedays I will not have 20 mins for TB (and 60 for the rest). Please, not everyday. The flame burns.

Experience
    I loved it, it is awesome, and felt great. Brutal P6, but I expect no less (the Empire won Hoth - canon honored). Well done team.

Rewards
    They can always be better, but this is an infinite game (with finite players, beware). Yes, those could be worse, brace for rework.

Other notes
    --Guild focus is fresh, highlights who is rabidly engaged, and who cannot spare 3 mins to read chat/Line/Discord. My guild, Thrawns' Renegades, overperformed according to preliminary data, (We are 69GPM, 30* -- join us LineID:bobofeet).
    --Shorten it? Maybe.. Yes. All of it. It is too long, no time to accept or kick players.
    --Great backpedaling on the HRSo/CHOLO P3 mission star requirements. Kudos to devs/PMs that listen and concede.
    I have suggested a few times that the rewards weren't awful. However, I will point out that if Hermit Yoda is indeed a requirement for Hero's Journey, then they need to make him available somewhere else as well, as farming his shards AND g12 gear salvage AND unfarmable ships shards based on those rewards would be close to impossible.

You can be 100% that Hermit Yoda will be required. Also most likely Captain Han and ROLO.
    It's gonna be a heck of a grind.
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »
    OAYcv86.jpg
    See the glowing? Those are full pieces.

That's photoshop. 26 stars can't drop a full gear - let alone 2.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Rewards very weak. (We finished in 32*), although it provides motivation to improve, most guild members have seen pics from friends who got 38-42* and there rewards were hardly better.

The guildies will work to improve, but won't pay to improve roster as the improvement in rewards don't justifying paying.
  • Rewards are not scaled correctly at all. Please adjust moving forward
  • Rewards very weak. (We finished in 32*), although it provides motivation to improve, most guild members have seen pics from friends who got 38-42* and there rewards were hardly better.

The guildies will work to improve, but won't pay to improve roster as the improvement in rewards don't justifying paying.

Oh, this I agree with 100%. The difference in reward tiers for varying star levels is definitely not worth the effort. In fact, I can see a situation where several guilds will take a step back, as the time commitment to coordinate the effort for an extra star or two is simply not worth it.

It's too bad they created a good game mode, only to make the rewards not worth the effort to truly engage the content. :/

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    look even if you got the same piece, say the the mk 12 multitool, 12 pieces so you can do on every 3 weeks
    turns out 77 chars need it so itll take you 4 years to gear them all and thats if you always get the multitool.
    somethings gotta give.
  • Loved the battles, understand the toons being required part mess ups. Cannot forgive the prize boxes. How can guilds that finished with 37, 39, and even 44 stars get nothing but salvage and guilds with 26 get 2 full pieces and salvage..... not cool at all, very disappointed I wasted so much time and money gearing up for this.

http://swgoh.gg/u/dł_snoke/
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    So Hoda is 1350 per 5 shards, thats 270 per shard.
    330 shards is from 0 to 7*, divide 330 by 5 we have 66.
    1350 x 66 = 89100
    So we need 89100 guild event credits to get him to 7*

So lets say you get around 30** in a TB every week so 3500 (about) plus CLS mission with 250 bonus shards (half a guild can do it)
    thats 3750 per week.

89100 divided by 3750 = 23.76

So it would take about 23 weeks to get him 7*, thats about 5/6 months. Maybe 3 months to unlock

Although im not including achievement rewards in this at all so it could go down to 4 months if they keep coming.

Not sure if this is at all correct, just got bored and wanted to see how long it would take.
    Also it annoyed me a lil as in an early preview video we seen him at 900 per 5 shards...
    But we already got ROLO with lower requirements so might as well have one thats a super hard farm i guess.

Edit: im doing this at like your average guild level, if you get more ***'s and more for the special mission then its definitely reduced
  • I'm one of the officers of a group of guild of almost 500 player.
    I am astonished to read there are someone satisfied of TB's rewards, you could give zero reward for star earned so they can enjoy the wonderfull zero reward for 45 star.
    Seriouslt, you have to improve the rewards, TB are beutifull but really lot of time eater, you know that we can say "bye bye weekend". at least give some decent reward, this is really little more than nothing. We were expecting only fully crafted piece, not even far a little bit of shards, and a shard of yoda every five stars and 100.000 credits for every star, would be minimum requirements.
    Thanks for your work mates
  • We need a bit of communication: what is the expected future of TB? What is the pace? If we have 3 a week, I don't mind playing them less than optimally, just send teams and auto! It would be awesome. But if we can get a single shot to TB each week, than we have to play at full potential and the reward are really bad.
  • I enjoyed Territory Battles, they are fun and challenging.

Upon receiving my rewards and looking at other guilds rewards, they seemed a bit disproportionate to the amount of effort and time that the TB takes.

The guild events store also seems lacking with its options for gear and the amount of gear per cost. Maybe I'm not getting good resets but a lot of the pre G12 gear is easily obtainable elsewhere for cheaper if you consider the difficulty in obtaining the Guild Event currency.

One idea I had was adding random character shards in the final reward maybe based on the factions used.

Ultimately though, I had a good time and look forward to more TBs.
  • CirusCornwall
    13 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi all,
    the experience of the battles were exciting and made a lot of fun. The time needed was a lot each day 30 min for playing and much longer for guild communication in chats. (Outside game)
    The needed chars in platoons which are needed in that phase is not that intelligent.
    Also the need of chars like ewoks and ships like falcon which are non farmable is a bit annoying.
    The difficulty of the phases seems well balanced.

Now the problem: rewards that are kitten. CG could also say we give no rewards as we want to buy you all. No Omegas, Zetas or normal currency. If I do Arena rank one I get same amount of crystals and a credit heist of 1 minute gives me a greater galactic power push than such Raid rewards. (If can call it reward)
    These rewards are a big shot into the own knee of CG. Who the hell will buy up any further chars if you show us dark side battles. There is no further need to Spende money. I maxed ATF
    The first day after the promo videos and now the same false hype of TB.
    Maybe CG should try to make rewards great again.

If they don't push the rewards from the boxes mich more according to the stars they will see a big drop in in game buys at future releases.

Greets to all

Cirrus Cornwall
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I loved the TB's, however, given how long they were (6 days) and how many bugs I would have liked to see the rewards doubled or everyone got 1st place rewards
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    K I T T E N! :D:o:#:s

THE TB EXPERIENCE

TB was fun! A few surprises, decent challenges, especially in the last 2 phases, good job to give something different and fun to play!

TIME

12h is nuts. That would compell people to do some in-game stuff before going to bed and as soon as they wake up. Before going to work and as soon as the job is over. 2-3-4 times per day, that's without all the rest, dailys, GW, raids, etc... pretty much nonsense. We already have to be creative to avoid mass divorces in many cases... :p It has to remain on a 24h basis. On the long term, the day you release another TB (dark side or whatever), I don't want 2 separate TB running back to back on 3 days each on 12h phases for a whole week, and for such kitten rewards... The only smart way would be to run them both at the same time on 24h phases/6 days otherwise it's complete nonsense.

MANAGEMENT

We can see how many ppl attacked (let's say 22/50), but can't see who did....bad. Reallly really badddddd. I've nice officers but this week was crazy, it felt like I had 4 jobs and that I needed 2 secretaries, c'mon... Real time updates are cool, but we need more elaborate static update too, we have to be able to click on that "22/50" and exaclty see who did his fights in a specific phase when necessary.

REWARDS

W t kitten ... is that?!?! I'm all fine for the "everyone get the same Tier reward" but there's no way any serious gamer can appreciate the " we all get the same kitten" part... First, the end rewards are absolutely pretty bad for the time required. I mean you would double the amounts and that would still be laughable rewards! For the time it required just to play TB, the gear should be X2 (stacks of 15-20, not 7-9!!), the crystals should be x2-x3 (150 crystals for 33*?? C'mon, we get more than this daily with arena with 10x less effort... it's not like you have to dig for them before giving it to us, they are virtuals, do I need to remind you...).

And considering most ppl spent 20-30-40m$ to gear and level their useless toons for GP, you give absolutely no normal & ship currency? No training droids? At least the cash and training droids events should absolutely become weekly events on static days, no longer some 6-12 days random kitten. My main question would be, does the guy taking the decision for the rewards even play the game?? Doesn't looks like it honestly, otherwise that's all stuff he/she should have understand right away before launch...

I apologize for the ranting, but there's a need to do it... however, not everything is bad. The TB in general is fun and well thought, grats for that! There's definitely some good potential with this in the future. But you gotta face it, you give ppl such kitten rewards most of the time in pretty much all the aspect of the game, hoping that this way we are gonna spend more to acquire what we need, that you are hurting yourself, the community and your very own system... Your whole system design is so insanely flawed with stuff like completely useless gear challenges (I've all heroes unlocked, no one below lvl 53, mostly everyone is min G6-7 and I still have some kitten gear found in gear challenge over 2k time per piece... if a guy who already have them all doesn't need that kitten, guess what for people who don't have them at all (heroes).....completely useless!!!! Worst, you are putting these kitten in the raids rewards, just to be sure we feel like we don't get any reward at all... or do I need to talk about that stupid Carbanti (you put this one in gear challenge, fine, but you make it so freakingly omnipresent on every level of every heroes that it gets to the same point, in the end it's like if we don't get any in the challenges because we need too much of them, constantly. We did the math a few weeks ago, I think I need like one year and a half of gear challenge carbantis for the needs I have....completely ridiculous).

Well, the list of frustrating decisions of yours is sooooo long... you just can't give insulting rewards for a whole week event on top of all that, it's not helping anyone... The results aren't funny. The coordination was such a pit kitten that it turned off 2 good guildies that finally don't like TB because it gave them the feeling of not being available as much as it seems to require. They were regular and good players with us since the beginning... it sucks for them and it hurts us. Then the kitten rewards this morning, where I have 3 more good guildies who decided they are dropping, not only from the guild, but from the game! Because they found it insulting to the point they realized the rewards weren't anywhere near worth the real time it required...

So now if I understand, I've less than 24h to fill 5-6 spots of very good players (so far! maybe more...), when I'm pretty sure I won't find the same type of dedicated players in such a short time... compelling us to lose another week to get kitten rewards on the next TB because it's already 200% sure we can't do as good without these guys... Wadakitten...

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I didn't receive any rewards, even thogh the rest of my guild did. I participated in each phase, too. Sucks
  • I'm one of the officers of a group of guild of almost 500 player.
    I am astonished to read there are someone satisfied of TB's rewards, you could give zero reward for star earned so they can enjoy the wonderfull zero reward for 45 star.
    Seriouslt, you have to improve the rewards, TB are beutifull but really lot of time eater, you know that we can say "bye bye weekend". at least give some decent reward, this is really little more than nothing. We were expecting only fully crafted piece, not even far a little bit of shards, and a shard of yoda every five stars and 100.000 credits for every star, would be minimum requirements.
    Thanks for your work mates

Same opinion
  • As several people have observed, "Everyone gets the same reward based on amount of stars the guild earned."

And this is the very definition of communism.

• And your point is?
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • And your point is?

Yeah, I don't understand the point of this post. Can it be moved?

To the garbage?
  • This is also how all team activities work.