Territory Battles Reward Feedback [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Did anyone else not recieve any rewards at all from TB ? I did not Get my ROLO shards on Saturday , and nothing today
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah. Looking at it this way, all little league kids are communists. You wanna be the one to yell at little Billy for being a backwards communist loving capitalist hating drone? Poor little Billy.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    I did not recieve anything :-(
  • Options
    I do not think they were good at all. No guild currency or credits? It is a guild event how can there be no guild currency? Credits should be included in any event. Then awards should be some daily in my opinion. That way you keep interest up throughout the event. Many people stopped trying as the days went on and there was less and less that you could do
  • Metroplex79
    834 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Peperlu wrote: »
    ........12h is nuts. That would compell people to do some in-game stuff before going to bed and as soon as they wake up. Before going to work and as soon as the job is over. 2-3-4 times per day, that's without all the rest, dailys, GW, raids, etc... pretty much nonsense. We already have to be creative to avoid mass divorces in many cases... :p It has to remain on a 24h basis. On the long term, the day you release another TB (dark side or whatever), I don't want 2 separate TB running back to back on 3 days each on 12h phases for a whole week, and for such kitten rewards... The only smart way would be to run them both at the same time on 24h phases/6 days otherwise it's complete nonsense..........
    First, sometimes long posts are fun to read.

Second in reference to what I bolded, with a sarcastic/jokey/tongue-in-cheek tone (do not get offended):
    Easier to not get married. You get to keep more of your real life resources, and spend more time getting in-game resources. Besides, aren't spouses meant to be a partner, and not a dependent? Everyone needs time for themselves. If this game makes you happy physically and mentally, and you're not hurting anyone, it's probably better than other vices the world has to offer.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    Rewards are crud. Gameplay is just a repackages Assault battle. Again this game has drastically increased build requirements (Phoenix, Rogue 1, HRS Bros, CHS, ROLO) with a less than commensurate increase in rewards. If drastic changes aren't made quickly, I suspect they will have pushed many long time players over the edge to quit with this new game mode.
  • Options
    Raids rewards are terrible.
    TB rewards are terrible.
    I don't see anything new here.
  • Options
    Sloa wrote: »
    I didn't receive any rewards, even thogh the rest of my guild did. I participated in each phase, too. Sucks

Neither did I , Did not Get ROLO shards on Saturday either. Thanks for hating me EA/CG
  • SunSoakedShadow
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Seems like gp is directly associated with potential star and thus rewards. The fact that the prize box roll is the same for everyone will be debated. The rewards themselves are not bad for the event store, and crystal rewards are also not bad. But, I think that the reality is that there are still bottlenecks for many of us to acquire simple pieces of gear. There still are no good ways to farm them effectively enough outside the possibility of them appearing in large quantities in the guild event store, but refreshes would still only net you a certain amount as often as you could purchase it with saved currency. I feel like giving rancor pieces, aat pieces, that are full pieces, should be a given when the reward phases pay out. Just add scaled prize boxes from the raids as additional prize boxes. This way people can actually get to the point where the actual farm is for those gear 12 pieces.
  • Sapient2k7
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hi guys, just post your TB rewards down below.

Main account : 40 stars : 102M guild : https://ibb.co/iQqroa
    Alt account : 27 stars : 55 M guild : https://ibb.co/nq5fgv
    Post edited by Sapient2k7 on
  • OldBjo
    18 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    K I T T E N! :D:o:#:s

THE TB EXPERIENCE

TB was fun! A few surprises, decent challenges, especially in the last 2 phases, good job to give something different and fun to play!

TIME

12h is nuts. That would compell people to do some in-game stuff before going to bed and as soon as they wake up. Before going to work and as soon as the job is over. 2-3-4 times per day, that's without all the rest, dailys, GW, raids, etc... pretty much nonsense. We already have to be creative to avoid mass divorces in many cases... :p It has to remain on a 24h basis. On the long term, the day you release another TB (dark side or whatever), I don't want 2 separate TB running back to back on 3 days each on 12h phases for a whole week, and for such kitten rewards... The only smart way would be to run them both at the same time on 24h phases/6 days otherwise it's complete nonsense.

MANAGEMENT

We can see how many ppl attacked (let's say 22/50), but can't see who did....bad. Reallly really badddddd. I've nice officers but this week was crazy, it felt like I had 4 jobs and that I needed 2 secretaries, c'mon... Real time updates are cool, but we need more elaborate static update too, we have to be able to click on that "22/50" and exaclty see who did his fights in a specific phase when necessary.

REWARDS

W T kitten... is that?!?! I'm all fine for the "everyone get the same Tier reward" but there's no way any serious gamer can appreciate the " we all get the same kitten" part... First, the end rewards are absolutely pretty bad for the time required. I mean you would double the amounts and that would still be laughable rewards! For the time it required just to play TB, the gear should be X2 (stacks of 15-20, not 7-9!!), the crystals should be x2-x3 (150 crystals for 33*?? C'mon, we get more than this daily with arena with 10x less effort... it's not like you have to dig for them before giving it to us, they are virtuals, do I need to remind you...).

And considering most ppl spent 20-30-40m$ to gear and level their useless toons for GP, you give absolutely no normal & ship currency? No training droids? At least the cash and training droids events should absolutely become weekly events on static days, no longer some 6-12 days random kitten. My main question would be, does the guy taking the decision for the rewards even play the game?? Doesn't looks like it honestly, otherwise that's all stuff he/she should have understand right away before launch...

I apologize for the ranting, but there's a need to do it... however, not everything is bad. The TB in general is fun and well thought, grats for that! There's definitely some good potential with this in the future. But you gotta face it, you give ppl such kitten rewards most of the time in pretty much all the aspect of the game, hoping that this way we are gonna spend more to acquire what we need, that you are hurting yourself, the community and your very own system... Your whole system design is so insanely flawed with stuff like completely useless gear challenges (I've all heroes unlocked, no one below lvl 53, mostly everyone is min G6-7 and I still have some kitten gear found in gear challenge over 2k time per piece... if a guy who already have them all doesn't need that kitten, guess what for people who don't have them at all (heroes).....completely useless!!!! Worst, you are putting these craps in the raids rewards, just to be sure we feel like we don't get any reward at all... or do I need to talk about that kitten Carbanti (you put this one in gear challenge, fine, but you make it so freakingly omnipresent on every level of every heroes that it gets to the same point, in the end it's like if we don't get any in the challenges because we need too much of them, constantly. We did the math a few weeks ago, I think I need like one year and a half of gear challenge carbantis for the needs I have....completely ridiculous).

Well, the list of frustrating decisions of yours is sooooo long... you just can't give insulting rewards for a whole week event on top of all that, it's not helping anyone... The results aren't funny. The coordination was such a pita that it turned off 2 good guildies that finally don't like TB because it gave them the feeling of not being available as much as it seems to require. They were regular and good players with us since the beginning... it sucks for them and it hurts us. Then the kitten rewards this morning, where I have 3 more good guildies who decided they are dropping, not only from the guild, but from the game! Because they found it insulting to the point they realized the rewards weren't anywhere near worth the real time it required...

So now if I understand, I've less than 24h to fill 5-6 spots of very good players (so far! maybe more...), when I'm pretty sure I won't find the same type of dedicated players in such a short time... compelling us to lose another week to get kitten rewards on the next TB because it's already 200% sure we can't do as good without these guys... Wadakitten...

Probably the best post I've read on this forum I agree to all of this and hope you get your men back as the rewards are not really worth fighting and organizing for. Think we're better off just letting our hair down and say well just do your best who cares to organize for this and let your teammates concentrate on what really matters the Haat/Hpit & arena that provide you with the best currency in game.

To CG Fix challenges so gear is equal to the 100+ plus characters you push every month , fix ally points to reflect what you need gear/credit etc, fix ticket counter and get your developer to actually play the game on a real account with limited credits & crystals. Oh and while your at it maybe fix the rewards to this new game mode so it reflects on the resources put in to achieving anything.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Liamtbqh wrote: »
    So Hoda is 1350 per 5 shards, thats 270 per shard.
    330 shards is from 0 to 7*, divide 330 by 5 we have 66.
    1350 x 66 = 89100
    So we need 89100 guild event credits to get him to 7*

So lets say you get around 30** in a TB every week so 3500 (about) plus CLS mission with 250 bonus shards (half a guild can do it)
    thats 3750 per week.

89100 divided by 3750 = 23.76

So it would take about 23 weeks to get him 7*, thats about 5/6 months. Maybe 3 months to unlock

Although im not including achievement rewards in this at all so it could go down to 4 months if they keep coming.

Not sure if this is at all correct, just got bored and wanted to see how long it would take.
    Also it annoyed me a lil as in an early preview video we seen him at 900 per 5 shards...
    But we already got ROLO with lower requirements so might as well have one thats a super hard farm i guess.

Edit: im doing this at like your average guild level, if you get more ***'s and more for the special mission then its definitely reduced

Oh wow, I hadn't noticed prices went up on Hermit shards. Oh no.
    I only unlocked GK last month, and the prospect of having to wait 6 more months to get 7* is disheartning, to say the least. I just hope the event for RoTJ Luke comes in a year, then.
  • Options
    Personally, it was not worth the time invested... The time it took to coordinate everything... for these rewards. Sorry guys.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    God, what a total cluster. Between day 1 players not getting CLS just because they missed one of Luke's friends (sue me for choosing to go Dukes over Ben in dodge meta 1) to the start of TB debacle, loss of chat, to the HR Soldier bait and switch, to rewards totally out of line from time spent, change in Yoda prices. I got a bunch of people (~50) wondering what the point of TB even was.

So much for Taking Back August.

So, I guess T.B.A. is To Be Announced. Next August it is.

EDIT - typo
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    K I T T E N! :D:o:#:s

THE TB EXPERIENCE

TB was fun! A few surprises, decent challenges, especially in the last 2 phases, good job to give something different and fun to play!

TIME

12h is nuts. That would compell people to do some in-game stuff before going to bed and as soon as they wake up. Before going to work and as soon as the job is over. 2-3-4 times per day, that's without all the rest, dailys, GW, raids, etc... pretty much nonsense. We already have to be creative to avoid mass divorces in many cases... :p It has to remain on a 24h basis. On the long term, the day you release another TB (dark side or whatever), I don't want 2 separate TB running back to back on 3 days each on 12h phases for a whole week, and for such kitten rewards... The only smart way would be to run them both at the same time on 24h phases/6 days otherwise it's complete nonsense.

MANAGEMENT

We can see how many ppl attacked (let's say 22/50), but can't see who did....bad. Reallly really badddddd. I've nice officers but this week was crazy, it felt like I had 4 jobs and that I needed 2 secretaries, c'mon... Real time updates are cool, but we need more elaborate static update too, we have to be able to click on that "22/50" and exaclty see who did his fights in a specific phase when necessary.

REWARDS

W t kitten ... is that?!?! I'm all fine for the "everyone get the same Tier reward" but there's no way any serious gamer can appreciate the " we all get the same kitten" part... First, the end rewards are absolutely pretty bad for the time required. I mean you would double the amounts and that would still be laughable rewards! For the time it required just to play TB, the gear should be X2 (stacks of 15-20, not 7-9!!), the crystals should be x2-x3 (150 crystals for 33*?? C'mon, we get more than this daily with arena with 10x less effort... it's not like you have to dig for them before giving it to us, they are virtuals, do I need to remind you...).

And considering most ppl spent 20-30-40m$ to gear and level their useless toons for GP, you give absolutely no normal & ship currency? No training droids? At least the cash and training droids events should absolutely become weekly events on static days, no longer some 6-12 days random kitten. My main question would be, does the guy taking the decision for the rewards even play the game?? Doesn't looks like it honestly, otherwise that's all stuff he/she should have understand right away before launch...

I apologize for the ranting, but there's a need to do it... however, not everything is bad. The TB in general is fun and well thought, grats for that! There's definitely some good potential with this in the future. But you gotta face it, you give ppl such kitten rewards most of the time in pretty much all the aspect of the game, hoping that this way we are gonna spend more to acquire what we need, that you are hurting yourself, the community and your very own system... Your whole system design is so insanely flawed with stuff like completely useless gear challenges (I've all heroes unlocked, no one below lvl 53, mostly everyone is min G6-7 and I still have some kitten gear found in gear challenge over 2k time per piece... if a guy who already have them all doesn't need that kitten, guess what for people who don't have them at all (heroes).....completely useless!!!! Worst, you are putting these kitten in the raids rewards, just to be sure we feel like we don't get any reward at all... or do I need to talk about that **** Carbanti (you put this one in gear challenge, fine, but you make it so freakingly omnipresent on every level of every heroes that it gets to the same point, in the end it's like if we don't get any in the challenges because we need too much of them, constantly. We did the math a few weeks ago, I think I need like one year and a half of gear challenge carbantis for the needs I have....completely ridiculous).

Well, the list of frustrating decisions of yours is sooooo long... you just can't give insulting rewards for a whole week event on top of all that, it's not helping anyone... The results aren't funny. The coordination was such a pita that it turned off 2 good guildies that finally don't like TB because it gave them the feeling of not being available as much as it seems to require. They were regular and good players with us since the beginning... it sucks for them and it hurts us. Then the kitten rewards this morning, where I have 3 more good guildies who decided they are dropping, not only from the guild, but from the game! Because they found it insulting to the point they realized the rewards weren't anywhere near worth the real time it required...

So now if I understand, I've less than 24h to fill 5-6 spots of very good players (so far! maybe more...), when I'm pretty sure I won't find the same type of dedicated players in such a short time... compelling us to lose another week to get kitten rewards on the next TB because it's already 200% sure we can't do as good without these guys... Wadakitten...

Awesome response and echos my own feedback.

Too bad it got ****-kittened by "Post edited by Sunnie1978 at 12:21PM"
  • Peperlu
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OldBjo wrote: »
    Probably the best post I've read on this forum I agree to all of this and hope you get your men back as the rewards are not really worth fighting and organizing for. Think we're better off just letting our hair down and say well just do your best who cares to organize for this and let your teammates concentrate on what really matters the Haat/Hpit & arena that provide you with the best currency in game.

To CG Fix challenges so gear is equal to the 100+ plus characters you push every month , fix ally points to reflect what you need gear/credit etc, fix ticket counter and get your developer to actually play the game on a real account with limited credits & crystals. Oh and while your at it maybe fix the rewards to this new game mode so it reflects on the resources put in to achieving anything.

Well tx ;) I did the best to explain myself as clearly as possible, even if I haven't said all I wanted... but mmmmm... that earned me a warning, too many kitten here and there :p
    Post edited by Peperlu on
  • Options
    Whaled to get ready for TB, have been telling myself spend less.
    I would imagine the cash influx just before TB was excellent, I bet it falls off a cliff now?
    Ty CG, no more $s from me.
  • Options
    What happens when you receive NOTHING. I participated, I was top ten in my guild every day, I received no reward upon completion.
  • Options
    I'd like to add that making the event only LS and requiring very specific teams for some battles (Rogue One, Phoenix, HRSoldier) and some very highly-starred useless characters required (There were a total of 8 Lobots required at 7* in phase 6 platoons) that a decent number of credits for modding, remodding, moving mods, as well as starring up otherwise useless toons, etc. should have been included.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    On second thought, the rewards weren't that bad. Gear 12 pieces only need like 20 or 30 salvage to craft a full gear. So technically, by getting ~10 pieces, the gear is half crafted. Which isn't bad all things considering.
  • Options
    Honestly if they included a substantial amount credits, how HAAT does, I'd be happy
  • Options
    The rewards are not worth the effort.

I have a good guild, good folks. We collaborated well on raids. I thought we would do well on TB. We have about 44-45M GP, which when I search for guilds seems pretty average, though if you consider only the most active guilds, we may be significantly less than average: it's just impossible to know. EA doesn't share this data so we don't know how many guilds there are or what the median and mean GP are.

But this was supposed to reward cooperation. I worked my hind off doing coordination, and leaving out that a great deal of effort was sabotaged by the guild chat fiasco (I know, if they could predict bugs, they wouldn't be there so I'm not mad about it, but it did hurt the effort), we coordinated surprisingly well until the final day where inexplicably people weren't listening about the necessity of putting all TP in the bottom instead of splitting efforts.

We left that one star that we could have gotten, and there are probably 1-3 stars more that we might be able to get with better in-game chat, more communication over discord, and better group understanding of how TB operates and where effort is rewarded.

That's it. Getting more than 4 stars more than we got this time (21) is going to be a long time coming, and if this weekend is any indicator, it will take actual work every single time to ensure that we get up to 25 stars.

In the meantime, our 3 highest power members are all publicly thinking about leaving because we can't get HAAT done. The truth is that this wouldn't cost the guild too much in terms of pure production - it would take a lot longer to kill off nAAT, but Heroic Rancor would still go fast, and nAAT wouldn't be so slow we can't keep up with ticket production - probably 48 hours, using 2 refreshes.

But ... those players are now friends, and active players get the rewards, so they are ones with the experience and the knowledge of how toons work at higher tiers to provide good advice to lower-tier players. They help a ton.

So will TB help keep us together and increase friendship in the guild? Sadly, no.

That was the part I repeatedly praised as TB was approaching, and I still think same rewards across guild members is a great idea with a lot of potential.

But Hermit Yoda is 10 months away at 22-25 stars per TB, and that **only if** you put literally everything you get from TB into Hermit Yoda. You can't use the rewards to ease the gear crunch. You can't use the rewards to get someone to gear 12. You get nothing except Hermit Yoda shards which are useless for 5 months until HY is unlocked.

We put in a ton of effort, and now the people that play a generous, mentoring role in our guild are looking at the rewards and are reasonably expecting that staying with our guild means a complete inability to get the next Luke. We all know that HY will be required. We all know that means no rewards for almost a year **except** HY shards. And most of us expect that now that EA has the Hero's Journey formula put together, that they will not be waiting a year to put out the next Luke.

I'm sorry, I'm not willing to play the coordinator/mentor/uniter role for literally 8 hours a week for shards that are of no use to me for 5 months.

With HAAT, you get GK shards, but you ALSO get a bunch of cash, much better gear rewards, and the Tokens you earn are up to you to spend. The shards are **extra**, not a way to soak up every single other reward you might have gotten from the raid.

Imagine if you finished HAAT and got no GK shards, but 5 million credits and 2000 guild tokens. And then they told you that for 1800 tokens and 4.5 million credits you could buy 5 GK shards. And then they told you that you can't participate in continuing Hero's Journey gameplay without GK.

No.

Just no.

I like my guild mates, and I want to play a helpful role. I enjoy chatting and don't mind coordinating, but I put in a ton of work for effectively 0 rewards. I only recently got to the point where I could start spending Fleet tokens on gear and zetas, and I can't get any darn Stun Cuffs to show up in the shop, so my CLS is still stuck at gear9 for another 40 stun cuff salvage.

Combine this with the absolutely terrible mod system (I've detailed elsewhere that if you're relying on mod challenges and looking for a specific mod, it would take literally **years** of effort under the current system), and progress is far too slow.

TB could have helped by giving out HY shards AND credits AND good gear AND GE Tokens. As it is, I either sacrifice all benefits from TB in order to hopefully get to play the next Luke even the 2nd or 3rd time it comes around ... OR I wait for refreshes to access gear that should be easy to come by at this point in the game while sacrificing any hope of playing Hero's Journey any time in the next 2 years.

Honestly, the TB rewards feel like trolling.

And so some guild members are going to give up and go to other guilds. I might move on to another guild or stay, but either way I'm not willing to do the work that I did this weekend.

And so the guild, the cooperating, the friendships ultimately end up suffering from the event that was so hopefully conceived, the event that was supposed to bond the guild, not destroy it.

I no longer want Captain Han. I no longer want to play territory battles at all.

For me this game is likely going back to an entirely individual effort. I won't farm HAAT-specific teams. If I stay part of a guild, my conversations are likely to be way down.

I'm just very disenchanted with the game as it currently exists.

Freud TB.
  • Options
    I am really happy with the reward system and cannot understand those endless whiners. They took out a huge random part by rewarding less salvage pieces and many Tokens which is really really good. At 37* you can build a whole piece. That is awesome.
    The crystals? Awesome.
    If the reward would be raised, we would cry very soon 4 new content.

AWESOME REWARD SYSTEM DEFS. LEAVE THOSE WHINERS BEHIND.
  • Options
    Lack of credits in the rewards was extremely disappointing after a 6 day fight. Please add that.
  • Options
    With a revamp of rewards in other parts of the game I would be content with tb rewards. We need to gear a lot more toons now, so tb has created way more bottlenecks.
  • Options
    And the main response from my guild was that tb was a positive experience. 70 mil gp guild
  • fotrovina
    127 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    1) Let us see what progress we have made (stars, points, participation in missions) even after TB ends (i wanted to how people did, but suddenly after phase 6 everything was gone)
    2) If you are against removing non-farmable characters/ships from platoons, then at least restrict their appearance in the first 2 platoons (similar to legendary characters like R2 or Raid Han who can only appear in platoon 5 and 6)
    3) Let the guildmaster/officers lock/unlock certain missions/platoons for the members (for example, when we know we cannot complete platoon 6, the guildmaster can put a lock on it and the players will not be able to assign characters to that platoon until it is unlocked) - this is easier way to manage what members can/cannot do than texting everyone multiple times what and when who should do
    4) If you are against letting guildmaster/officers to lock/unlock missions/platoons, then at least add a feature to mark them (like the area of interest), so it is easier for the members to know what territory/mission/platoon they should focus on without the need to read guild chat/3rd party chat (this will especially be helpful when the phase duration will be 12h - people will log in, see what areas have been marked by the guildmaster, and play/assign/deploy)
  • Options
    fotrovina wrote: »
    4) If you are against letting guildmaster/officers to lock/unlock missions/platoons, then at least add a feature to mark them (like the area of interest), so it is easier for the members to know what territory/mission/platoon they should focus on without the need to read guild chat/3rd party chat (this will especially be helpful when the phase duration will be 12h - people will log in, see what areas have been marked by the guildmaster, and play/assign/deploy)

I was thinking the same thing, kind of like placing a 'favorite' mark on which node to focus on.