How do you see you and the game in 2 years?

Prev13
eBitzu
286 posts Member
edited February 2016
Hello friends,

I have a question for you guys.. do you thinks this game will be around in 2 years? If so what do you think it will look like? You know since the next SW movie is set for Dec 2017...

Maybe the movie will be so good (like The Empire Strikes Back) that will spark a new generation of fans that will discover the game... will we be there to advice..?

Do you see EA having a long term plan for this game to make us stick or will it fall like other giants?
Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here

Replies

• I doubt this game will be around that long tbh.
  • 6FCAF0DD-F7D1-4893-9593-85F4F07A7DB2_zpsrcdnqkgg.jpg
  • Who knows, 2 years is a long time with all the mobile games titles and general industry these days. Can't predict how the devs will act but the franchise itself should have lots of fans *cough * suckers to keep it running. If not, EA won't care unfortunately, hopefully CG and Disney want to keep this going, even if I've left in a day or years, it's sad seeing titles (especially star wars finish, I miss original star wars galaxies pre cu + nge SOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad)
  • tune wrote: »
    6FCAF0DD-F7D1-4893-9593-85F4F07A7DB2_zpsrcdnqkgg.jpg

This provided a much needed laugh
  • I have doubts that it will be here at the end of 2016, but I highly doubt it will get past 2 years. You never know though.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    ^^^ Up you go... Sadly I can't vote it... (the meme is great)

I know games that lived through the years (mobile ones) depends on how Disney will want this to evolve.
    Complaining and boycott will not help for sure in making a business decision.
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • I doubt it will be around past 2016 with its current business model. Hopefully with enough complaining and boycotting they will adjust things to where the game has a longer life.
  • Only game I've played over a few months is this one and monster strike.
  • On a serious note though lol...I feel the next two months will tell a lot in the longevity of the game. I want to see how level caps are handled(how quick) before I would answer this question. But I have faith, I think they will figure it out. I've seen progress and that is a good sign.

Just need the communication a touch better. Even if the answer to these questions we ask is "we can't say", that is better then no response at all. Heck I would take a "none of your business" over nothing lol.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is more and more a whale only game, only early players are competitive. EA is a short term thinking company.
    with the exception of simpson tapped out.
  • eBitzu wrote: »
    ^^^ Up you go... Sadly I can't vote it... (the meme is great)

I know games that lived through the years (mobile ones) depends on how Disney will want this to evolve.
    Complaining and boycott will not help for sure in making a business decision.

EA has always had the Star wars franchise, Disney is just the new owner of all property right, they still don't make any decisions on this game, trust me.

• Six months. Max.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    five2zero wrote: »
    This is more and more a whale only game, only early players are competitive. EA is a short term thinking company.

This game is very f2p generous I'm not sure what you are talking about. You can make highly competitive arena teams with just a little time and patience
  • Tak wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »

This game is very f2p generous I'm not sure what you are talking about. You can make highly competitive arena teams with just a little time and patience

If a little time, you mean months of grinding, then yes.. little time and patience.
  • I see myself playing pokemon go
  • Like others have said, I doubt this game will be around. Unlike a game such as Clash of Clans, this is not a game built to last. This is a game that draws people in and gets them to spend money before they realize what a ripoff it is by capitalizing on the Star Wars name. In order to level a chromium character to 7* you need to spend at least a thousand dollars. In a game such as ****, even a $5 purchase can greatly help your account. That isn't true for this game. Once the initial "OMG a Star Wars game" effect that causes people to spend money early wears off, there will be no casual spenders. It will be either whale or f2p, and chances are there aren't enough whales for this game to survive.
  • I'm sure they will be taking advantage of a mostly different group of people, but the game will likely still exist. It won't be making nearly as much money though as they will have likely driven off most players by then.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @tak, as a new player no you can't. You can play until lvl 60 then it takes months. But in this time there will be new, better charakter, new level cap....
    I'm not talking about early players like me.
  • You guys either want the game to not succeed or pessimistic?. You guys know there is atleast 1 star wars movie coming out every year?. There is a talk that they may release 2 movies per year combine that with how addictive this game is, it's going to be around for a long time.
  • Like others have said, I doubt this game will be around. Unlike a game such as Clash of Clans, this is not a game built to last. This is a game that draws people in and gets them to spend money before they realize what a ripoff it is by capitalizing on the Star Wars name. In order to level a chromium character to 7* you need to spend at least a thousand dollars. In a game such as ****, even a $5 purchase can greatly help your account. That isn't true for this game. Once the initial "OMG a Star Wars game" effect that causes people to spend money early wears off, there will be no casual spenders. It will be either whale or f2p, and chances are there aren't enough whales for this game to survive.

I hate comparing games but as a player of both this and Clash...5 dollars will get me absolutely nothing in clash where I am now in that game. Wouldn't even let me upgrade anything lol.

As far as cromium taking so much to level up, that is why they are cromium only toons. Once we see the schedule of them importing and exporting those toons, we can then see if they are still worth the money while they are exclusive. If they are only exclusive for a month, then no, I would not spend money on them. If they have a chance to be exclusive and give me an advantage for 2-3 months or longer, makes me think about getting them more.

I just find it to early in this game to make any factual opinions on the length it will stick around.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    It could be around easily if devs continue to mKe inprovments and we continue funding it enough to make it worthwhile.
    The incessant complaining and threatening to boycott and trying to rally other ppl to feel how "you boycotters" do is surely counterproductive in the longevity though.

One thing is clear, we almost all love star wars to some degree which is why we play, all we have to fo is be understanding and constructive and the longevity will follow.
  • Maybe by the end of 2017 we might actually have a guild system
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    It could be around easily if devs continue to mKe inprovments and we continue funding it enough to make it worthwhile.
    The incessant complaining and threatening to boycott and trying to rally other ppl to feel how "you boycotters" do is surely counterproductive in the longevity though.

One thing is clear, we almost all love star wars to some degree which is why we play, all we have to fo is be understanding and constructive and the longevity will follow.

Basically if you don't fight it won't hurt as much? You might even learn to enjoy it?
  • Divorced
  • With the release of movies and the increasing footprint of the franchise, I'd expect this game to still be here in two years. I'd even argue that the pushing of Star Wars on a mobile platform is important enough to warrant extra resources being pushed into it. But I'm optimistic I suppose.
  • d3gauss wrote: »

Basically if you don't fight it won't hurt as much? You might even learn to enjoy it?

Not that. As customers we should all have a voice, whether positive or negative. I think abyss meant more along the lines of how peeps are posting that negative feedback. Constructive criticism is needed, but peeps just need to learn how to word it. When a dev checks these forums and sees some of the rants in multiple threads on one subject, I'm sure it can be a turn off for them.

Always keep fighting for your beliefs, just in a constructive way. Goes a lot farther with peeps, not just in this game, but life also.
  • I compare it more with Dungeon Keeper, was Top 10 in Revenue Chart and ruined by developer.
    Still exist in the darkness of revenue
  • You guys either want the game to not succeed or pessimistic?. You guys know there is atleast 1 star wars movie coming out every year?. There is a talk that they may release 2 movies per year combine that with how addictive this game is, it's going to be around for a long time.

Or maybe you are just naive. The reality is a lot of these games have a high turnover rate. It will eventually become less of a money maker and EA is notorious for shutting down servers when the next iteration comes out. Any one of those movies could spawn an entirely new game.

They could decide that instead of adding vehicle combat to this game that they could actually make a new game. Things change and stuff happens. I believe their intentions are to be around for a while, but none of us know for sure.
  • EA will surely introduce new characters, make it possible to have a higher amount of maximum level, gear and stars for your characters... and probably make it possible to use more characters in battles. But I think the big thing will be "live PvP" which will be nice.
  • tune wrote: »
    d3gauss wrote: »

Not that. As customers we should all have a voice, whether positive or negative. I think abyss meant more along the lines of how peeps are posting that negative feedback. Constructive criticism is needed, but peeps just need to learn how to word it. When a dev checks these forums and sees some of the rants in multiple threads on one subject, I'm sure it can be a turn off for them.

Always keep fighting for your beliefs, just in a constructive way. Goes a lot farther with peeps, not just in this game, but life also.

They ignore all criticism, constructive or otherwise. And it doesn't matter if it is a turn off. This is their job.