Why do the cannons in Heroic Tank Raid have so much HP?

Makes no sense, I spent my entire time attacking the stupid cannons, then finally tank goes down, already have 1-2 people dead, get like 3 attacks in, and tank recovers. Makes no sense. My heroes are pretty strong this raid is not cool man the cannons shouldn't take 10 hits from a lightsaber or blaster to go down. And, how come my jedi aren't deflecting the lazers, like come on EA.

Replies

• Look! A post from last year!
  • Then tank gets over 9000 attacks in and I just sit there as my team dies, tank heroic raid way to hard for people who don't have everyone maxed, can't you balance it or something based on total guilds galactic power? The cannons make me angry literally
  • HAAT is end game content, or still was fairly recently. It takes strategy and a big roster/ guild. You'll get there
  • My guild is a 55M GP and phase 2 was a stop gap for us too. An intermediate level between normal and heroic would be great for guilds that fly through normal yet struggle with heroic. Won't happen though...
  • This is a game where a door can dodge your attack, so anything is possible.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Give me a light saber and I'll solo Heroic Tank Raid IRL, lets go
  • They made it too hard imo, tank speed is way too fast, attacks like 7 times, wipes my team, I have some pretty decent guild members too. One was rank #1 like yesterday. Just doesn't make sense why these cannons wouldn't die in 1 hit from a jedi, I can understand a blaster, but come on.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    When I first started participating in tank raids, I ignored the cannons and just did as much damage on the main body as possible until I died. As my rebel team got stronger I was able to take all the cannons out much easier.

As your roster improves you change strategy to take advantage, but in the end raids are all about how much damage you can do to the leader or main target. If taking out the supports helps in that goal that's ideal, but if you can't take out the supports effectively, just ignore them until you can.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Here's an idea
    instead of whining about how your Jedi counselor can't cut it against the Tank
    How about reading some of the thousands of threads giving you advice on how to deal with the Tank
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Bonezy wrote: »
    Why do the cannons in Heroic Tank Raid have so much HP?

To make it hard.
    They made it too hard imo, tank speed is way too fast, attacks like 7 times, wipes my team, I have some pretty decent guild members too. One was rank #1 like yesterday. Just doesn't make sense why these cannons wouldn't die in 1 hit from a jedi, I can understand a blaster, but come on.

This is so cute!
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Sad thing is, after you beat the first one, they will melt away fast, and you'll find yourself wondering why you wasted months farming and gearing that Zader team.
    They made it too hard imo, tank speed is way too fast, attacks like 7 times, wipes my team, I have some pretty decent guild members too. One was rank #1 like yesterday. Just doesn't make sense why these cannons wouldn't die in 1 hit from a jedi, I can understand a blaster, but come on.

It's supposed to be hard, just farm a good team like Clones or resistance
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Bonezy wrote: »

To be had, you can have a number 1 arena squad but still be completely horrid on HAAT.

If you want to do serious damage start with a zeta finn resistence or princess zody squad. And you'll be disappointed if your speed isn't at least around 225-250+ on all your heroes.

Good luck.