How am I supposed to beat this N12 team with my roster?

Prev1
Just like the title says. This has been going on long enough that I thought I would start a thread and posting the horrible matchups I have been getting in GW N12.

OP4hGXw.jpg

https://swgoh.gg/u/zolaz/collection/

Replies

• Let's do some Maths here since you requested for it on another thread.
    Looking(Stalking) at your opponent's profile, the power rating of that team you are facing is:
    11244+9264+11419+11103+10378=53408. (Need to reduce a little since he has upgraded GK since you last met him)
    https://swgoh.gg/u/duckie/

Your highest powered:
    Savage 9777
    DV 10174
    DN 9701
    EP 9495
    Chief Nebit 9774
    Total= 48921
    53408/48921=1.0917, which means your last node is less than 10% higher of your 5 highest powered characters. You should be facing harder opponents if anything. Last node is supposed to scale 15% higher.

P.S. GW scales to the old power rating which is listed as Stat Power underneath the Galactic Power on your swgoh.gg profile in case you didn't know that and thought I was pulling numbers out of my ***
  • So you think that my top 5 guys have any hope of defeating that team?
  • Didnt even make it to N12 today.
    gw2.jpg
  • I'm just giving you the maths you requested from the other thread. What you can infer from this information is up to you. I didn't take a close look at your entire collection and wouldn't know if you can beat this team or not. Maybe you have some god mods, or preloaded teams.

Everyone's GW scales in the same method though, so it's 'fair' to a certain extent.
  • Only as fair as a poorly calculated outdated system can be.

GW has been around forever, before mods, before zetas. The entire game has greatly evolved but GW has stood still.

That's the problem more than anything. GW hasn't evolved with the rest of the game and is effected by the power creep more than any other part.
  • Maths reflect reality or the mathematical modeling is wrong. As I originally asked, how can I defeat these teams with my roster?
  • Maybe my man, Humatius can show me how 9 women can have a baby in 1 month next.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Maybe my man, Humatius can show me how 9 women can have a baby in 1 month next.

I didn't design this system, and apparently helping you by showing you how it is calculated deserves nothing more than spite from you. If you just need a punching bag to vent on, that's not me. Good luck to anyone else who will bother helping you. Huatimus out!
    Zolaz wrote: »
    The problem with GW is that someone over at EA doesnt understand maths. Or, maybe I dont understand maths and someone over at EA can explain it to me. I just wish that GW didnt defeat my entire roster every day.
  • Speaking from similar experience... and this is not to say I enjoy these match ups... but approach it with high burst damage comps and be ready to throw an entire team out to get rid of Kenobi alone.

I personally save Wedge/Biggs team specifically for these kinds of teams.

Also you seem to have Nihilus so you can play the retreat and re-organize/re-choose your actions to maybe get the insta kill on a target of your choice, or you could use a dot team to shred the shields and then bring in Wedge/Biggs to snipe who you need.

I found a comp of gear 12 CLS,GK,Leia,R2 and a gear 11 Thrawn, and it took me a whole team to kill each target. The last of which I had to use Nihilus and fish for the perfect RNG to kill CLS. At 25k power CLS can single handly destroy many tier 10-11 teams.

Anyhow maybe this helps, maybe it doesn’t. Good luck with your future attempts! And maybe work on a resistance team they can be super hand in GW
  • P.S.
    I suggest high burst damage because these comps in GW have the weakness of not healing very well if you can punch through the shields fast enough
  • I take issue with the math(s). What is not captured is the 'kill ability'. I ran into a 5G12 team today even though I only have 2 G12's and rapidly learned that G10 toons are useless since they basically get one-shotted or can't actually deliver enough damage to overpower the healing. An UPDATE to the GW mechanism is needed!! A team 15% more? Maybe by the power rankings, but in reality it might as well be 3000% more.
  • Hazakar wrote: »
    I take issue with the math(s). What is not captured is the 'kill ability'. I ran into a 5G12 team today even though I only have 2 G12's and rapidly learned that G10 toons are useless since they basically get one-shotted or can't actually deliver enough damage to overpower the healing. An UPDATE to the GW mechanism is needed!! A team 15% more? Maybe by the power rankings, but in reality it might as well be 3000% more.

That or some players will definitely left (including me). GW formula is so stupid it doesn't even care if you have 1 or 12 viable teams to throw in - really amateurish. In fact GWs don't care much about anything, in the end you're facing the same teams everyday.

If there's no fun there's no point playing it anymore so an update/overhaul would indeed be gladly welcome.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Maybe my man, Humatius can show me how 9 women can have a baby in 1 month next.

I didn't design this system, and apparently helping you by showing you how it is calculated deserves nothing more than spite from you. If you just need a punching bag to vent on, that's not me. Good luck to anyone else who will bother helping you. Huatimus out!
    The problem with GW is that someone over at EA doesnt understand maths. Or, maybe I dont understand maths and someone over at EA can explain it to me. I just wish that GW didnt defeat my entire roster every day.

Trying to derail a thread by not answering the original topic isn't really helping. Basically, this poster tried to explain the maths EA is employing to create the unbalanced system. What I want to know is how to beat GW with my roster. Evidently, that is impossible and you have to create a specific counter team for each meta team. I guess that is what EA is going for with their current model? I am only guessing about EA's intent though, based on what I have experienced.

Thank you for your input, Huatimus. It was helpful, just not in line with what I was asking.
  • Here is today's horrible match up.
    bs2.jpg
  • And then today ...
    gw3.jpg
  • There are a few squads that can get through GW no matter the nodes. Try finding a good PvE squad that fits you.

GW is just one part of the game. You're either going to have to build a squad specifically for GW, or expect to cash in for 800 tokens a day.

Resistance, Phoenix, Troopers, and some Rebel squads can get through GW start to finish with decent mods.
  • My P4 H AAT Rebel squad gets smoked in my N12. I am still building up Phoenix so that I am ready for the next Thrawn Event. I have Troopers *ed but not geared because my guild wants me focusing on TB. My Resistance squad is just strong enough to 3* the Speed Mods at them moment.

The problem isnt that I Im not diverse or have a bunch of squads.
  • Another day ... another day of not finishing GW.
    gw4.jpg
  • This isn't as bad as having G12 teams on nodes 9,11 and 12
  • Bad is a subjective term. Not completing GW every day because you are fighting teams that you can not beat in a daily challenge is bad math modeling.
  • gw5.jpg
    Still not able to defeat GW yet.
  • And you won't until you get your squads to G12. Your node 12 is my node 9 and 11. But my node 12 is broken. I finish everyday
  • Zolaz, I think you're overestimating where your Resistance team has to be in order to be effective in GW. Honestly, you're not that far away from a very usable squad.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • For example, here's my node 12 from today:
    wyFaBf0.jpg
    And here's the Resistance squad I sent out to fight that squad:
    E3zPSjg.png
    I'd pre-loaded the team with full TM on an early node, so I was able to have Poe go before Han, which reduced his TM and allowed me to get a stun on him before his turn. A few rounds in, I had most of the team put to sleep:
    n5Rohkw.jpg
    After that, I spread out the damage a bit, making sure that CLS didn't gain too much TM by my attacks on the other two Rebels. I worked on CLS a bit and let the exposes collect:
    8sOH3NZ.jpg
    Then it was just mop-up time, and just the icing on the cake to leave the tank for last:
    H6CrcNl.jpg
    I had to retreat a few times at first to get the right start, but you can see that much can be accomplished even with low-gear Resistance.
    And yet honestly, I don't use them all that often, since it can be slow and cumbersome to plan each move.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I second Pyrefly's sentiment. My very undergeared resistance team with 1 and 2 dot potency mod sets only have problems with raid han. If he stuns Poe, it's over and I have to use a different team.

That being said, completing GW is important to me so I still load tm every day on 4 different teams. 1 zeta and 3 omegas isn't that much of an investment. Even the most casual FTP should be able to get that in under 2 months. Unlock resistance, gear to 7-9, mod with 1-2* potency sets and get ready to rock. Took me a week or so to get the dance down.
  • Another day, another 3 CLS teams in GW and I didnt even see what kind of nonsense was in N12.
    gw6.jpg
  • ecspider
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    image.png
    Yep
  • I wonder what it says about CLS that you fight 3 or 4 CLS led teams every day in GW.
  • Only faced 2 CLS teams today. Teams took too much damage and couldnt handle the 2nd CLS AI team.
    gw7.jpg
  • Didnt take a screenshot of what I was fighting the day before. I do think I made it to N12 though and that final CLS team could smoke everything I had in my roster. I did finally put a Zeta on Finn yesterday though. Been working on Resistance a tad as I still have Thrawn and CLS teams to finish up.