Top-tier Arena teams now?

Prev1
With Yoda enabled, who are people around the top 10/top 20 seeing in most teams? All I can see on my server is that it's either Sid or Phasma in lead in the top1-20. Also a few QGJs.

Replies

• Galaxy of Qui-Gon
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Vet servers all run quiggles, geo soulja and you pick of any of the remaining top tier speed toons. This can be Rey, yoda, Sid ect
  • Top tier teams = currently best meta toon available. ...doesn't matter what the meta is... you'll probably see sa me peeps different toons...just saying
  • Alecation
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Right now there is no meta, well as long as you have some speed and dps

AI is terrible, cause attacking to always win, I almost miss the broken Poe, took skills or good team to beat a poe that went first
  • Speed speed speed. You have a fast team, your in the meta. My hybrid droid team is falling...went from top 10 to lucky, very lucky, if I break into 20. Next week it'll be out of the top 50. Hopefully by then I'll have a viable alternative in place.
  • Ok so speed is king. Why do I see Phasma so often as Leader on my server then? Also, no Poe at the moment?
  • Phasma went from 90% to 50% or less.. Welcome qgj
  • ok so should I farm Phasma or Poggle then in GW? I dont have any droids yet. Already have a Phas at 4* and half way to Poggle. Have GS but no droids. Usually use Sid, Lumi, Dooku, GS and swing slot.
  • Ran phasma lead, Sid, dooku, ren, and Poe up to number 1 today. Chewed up the new rise in Jedi heavy teams. Dooku still goes before jinn. Usually have no problem stunning him right off the bat. Poe still is viable. Dooku is seriously a machine at 7*, that ability/stun chance on Jedis is vicious. I have lost faith in my lumi. She has been targeted first by AI so much I stopped running her.
  • is it a mistake for me to use my 4* Phasma as lead? I assume that makes me an easy target right? My other toons are higher stars.
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @DiscoSlice So I'm running Sid, Dooku, Poggle, QGJ and Lumi. Lumi being the only modestly slow character in there and my god speed is the king! Helped me massively to obtain top 10 in my arena and I've been playing since end of soft launch end of November '15 so the leaderboard is very mature, active & challenging..
  • Poggle isn't super useful now. Phasma isnt quite as good as she was before update with Q's speed working first turn.

I finished 1 today at reset. Team is:
    QGJ (L)
    Lumi
    Sid
    Rey
    GS

If I had a 7* Leia I'd run her instead of Sid.
    Tried Yoda 6* he's not great.
    Poe is still pretty solid I run him sometimes

• @DiscoSlice also my leaderboard is varied when it comes to leaders, Phasma, Sid, Lumi are always gonna be there but QGJ leads and Poggle leads are more frequent in mine. Boba Fett is a great lead in high Crit chance / high dmg teams. I feel like Phasma lead is no longer a good option as when attacking she never procs as much. However on the defence side she always seem to assist so I dunno..
  • The reason you see so many Phasma's still is due to players not having an exhaustive roster of 7 star toons. If everyone could, I'd sure we'd see even more QGJ led Rey/GS/FOTP/Leia/Daka beatstick teams. The most common characters are probably:
    QGJ (L), Sid (L), Phasma (L) (Because people still love extra attacks and Phasma wins round 2 turn meter)
    Rey, GS, Leia, QGJ (nonL), Dooku, Daka, Poggle + AOE/Beefy
    You're going to see a decrease in FOTP due to the lack of a reliable taunt, and his newfound actual HP.
    You're also going to see an increase in Dookus to counter QGJ Lead.
  • thanks all for the input! so is the consensus then for me to go for Poggle or Phasma in GW? Seems harder if she is losing favor now.
  • Natok205 wrote: »
    Ran phasma lead, Sid, dooku, ren, and Poe up to number 1 today. Chewed up the new rise in Jedi heavy teams. Dooku still goes before jinn. Usually have no problem stunning him right off the bat. Poe still is viable. Dooku is seriously a machine at 7*, that ability/stun chance on Jedis is vicious. I have lost faith in my lumi. She has been targeted first by AI so much I stopped running her.

Had the exact same team today, finished 1 also...

Poe is still very viable
    Phasma is still very viable
    Dooku a beast against all those jedi
    Ren viable against dps woth his high hp
    Sid, well he is sid...

All are ftp and beat any team at the moment if well used
  • Finished first with sid, GS, lumi, dooku and poe.
  • If you Lead with Sid, does it matter if you have high-damage members or not? I tried to use Luke with Sid as Lead and got meh results. But, I see a lot of people lead with Sid and not have high-damage attackers.

Kinda like Irul just posted. Gratz on number 1!
  • DiscoSlice wrote: »
    If you Lead with Sid, does it matter if you have high-damage members or not? I tried to use Luke with Sid as Lead and got meh results. But, I see a lot of people lead with Sid and not have high-damage attackers.

Kinda like Irul just posted. Gratz on number 1!

Absolutely. If you don't have high speed and high DPS you wont really compete for rank the exception is having a lot of assist with stunners like Daka and Dooku and if you can manipulate turn meter call a bunch of assists and have a lot of stuns land you can win some high level battles.
  • Dooku is really good against jedi and poe still does his job. GS, lumi and sid do enough dps to win. Also lumi healing helps regroup while poe dies. Will add qgj when he is 7* but not before.

AI is bad on def so many different teams end up in first on my server. Very diversified.
  • Finished1 today
    Qgj lead, yoda, gs, lumi, fotp tore those with and droid teams to pieces. Only dropped four spots back then retook it
  • Running top ten with my QGJ and Yoda team (sid, Lumi and JC in support) all 7*. Nice to take out the phasma/poes.

Has trouble with droid teams though
  • Many on my server have turned to dooku/daka/phasma/lumi/Sid. Easy to field especially if you were lucky and got dooku for 5 bucks and highly annoying on defense because of potential for dooku/daka stuns to snowball out of control.
  • Remorhaz wrote: »
    Many on my server have turned to dooku/daka/phasma/lumi/Sid. Easy to field especially if you were lucky and got dooku for 5 bucks and highly annoying on defense because of potential for dooku/daka stuns to snowball out of control.

I'd been running that exact team for weeks when the update hit. I recently switched out my 7* veteran Sid for my shiny new 5* QGJ, and I'm loving it. His buff removal ability on Poe, specifically, is AMAZING.

There was a double tank team (Poe/Han) that was giving me trouble. I'd waste Poe no problem, but I'd have to keep beating on Han. Every hit, his team would gain meter; it was very frustrating. Now, I just eat Han's taunt, and then once Poe goes down, it's open season on the squishies.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Poggle isn't useful? LOL
  • It seems to me that admiral Akbar has picked up in speed. An phasma an my all first order team has taken a nose dive since update. Luckily I had already started on a rebel team.
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Poggle isn't useful? LOL

His offense up is better implemented by QGJ. He's still awesome for droid teams and GS, but he's not as good as he used to be.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    definitely qgj. i used a 4* qgj to take rank 1 today and hold...which is surprising because it previously took my fully 7* g8 team to do that
    mighty chlorians
  • thanks guys working on QGJ (only 3* now) - have a diff question. i usually have Sid for after the enemy sid first to debuff him and try to take him down first - since healing debuffs are so bad. is that wise? or should u always go after the highest dps first? AND, is it ok to have Lumi block a taunt before the fire off at the beginning?
  • Top teams usually...

QGJ 100%
    Rey 100%
    Poe 100%

Then combo of the below.

Leia -
    GS-
    Yoda-
    Lumi-
    Old Ben-