Is Hermit Yoda worth it?

Prev13
Hermit Yoda is good no doubt.
However, after doing the math, I realized getting Hermit Yoda to 7 stars will require nearly 90,000 guild event currency!
For my guild (getting 15 stars on the event) that means it'll take us almost 33 weeks.
Seeing that there will be other great toons in the store (namely Baze), do you think that hermit yoda should be the main focus of farming out of that shop?

Replies

• Options
    Gear should be the focus. Yoda can wait.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Valid point
    However I was trying to gauge what lower level people like me who don't have many g11 characters
    Would it be better to wait and save currency for g12 or farm shards
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Piercen wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Valid point
    However I was trying to gauge what lower level people like me who don't have many g11 characters
    Would it be better to wait and save currency for g12 or farm shards

Still gear. Honestly, I would stockpile currency until you get some G12 toons. If you check the stats received from G12 gear, it's insane. There are pieces that give 6k+ health, 10% potency, 5% lifesteal, resistance penetration, big damage boosts, etc.
  • Options
    I think g12 gear is the better investment for now, but we don't know for sure yet. That said, all the really good toons in this game take some investment. GK and Han Solo take months to max as well. And in a few months your guild will be clearing way more that 15 stars in TB. As with other aspects of this game, if you're unsure, save your currency. Wait a few weeks until the whales have unlocked HY and have reported on how OP he is. If he's awesome, you can cash in your saved currency for HY shards. If he sucks, you can cash it in for gear. There's no need to decide right this second.
  • Options
    If Hermit Yoda is required for ROTJ Luke then he may become a priority for everyone who wants him. I am going to save my currency unless i see Baze and see what The next luke requires.
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    If Hermit Yoda is required for ROTJ Luke then he may become a priority for everyone who wants him. I am going to save my currency unless i see Baze and see what The next luke requires.

Ugh, that just gave me an upset stomach. Look how many people were upset by the commander Luke requirements. Can you imagine if you needed hermit Yoda? Let's hope not
  • Options
    I'm ignore hermit yoda, bcause he seems useless. But what i'm afraid is.. "IT'S A TRAP!!" :scream:

Hermit yoda one day will need to unlock jedi luke. And for those who ignore him.. it's really.. really bad moves :scream:
  • Options
    Just Cassian's ship and Yoda for me. Gear can wait. Yoda, when the next Luke event pops up, cannot. And we're looking at a 5-7 month farm for him, so it can't be a last minute thing.
  • Options
    No he is not worth it
  • Options
    Just Cassian's ship and Yoda for me. Gear can wait. Yoda, when the next Luke event pops up, cannot. And we're looking at a 5-7 month farm for him, so it can't be a last minute thing.

I'm torn. On the one hand I agree, gotta get HY for the next Luke event, but on the other hand the stat boost from gear will make TB easier, which means more rewards, which means easier Yoda farm. I don't have a lot of chars at G11, so it's not as much of a concern for me but I still think about it.
  • Options
    Get baze if you want him for the rogue one missions. Otherwise he is on his way out in Arena
  • Options
    Im just gonna farm him cus I want him, even though its completely a bad move in terms of keeping up with people who G12.

Do what you wanna do, if you think itll be fun having him and arent too fussed with #1 arena then go for it, if not save and save until you need the gear
  • Options
    Get baze if you want him for the rogue one missions. Otherwise he is on his way out in Arena

I still prefer him to GK with a CLS lead. Baze is an excellent counter to R2. Plus as a tank he gains defense under a CLS lead and feeds Luke TM because he is a rebel.
  • Options

I still prefer him to GK with a CLS lead. Baze is an excellent counter to R2. Plus as a tank he gains defense under a CLS lead and feeds Luke TM because he is a rebel.

He still needs Chirrut otherwise he taunts, dispells then sits there for a long, long time doing nothing.
  • Options

He still needs Chirrut otherwise he taunts, dispells then sits there for a long, long time doing nothing.

Remember he gains 5% TM anytime an opponent gains a buff. When R2 uses his stealth buff Baze gains 25% TM. When GK cleanses and buffs he gains 25% TM. Yes, his speed his low, but he ends up being faster than a lot of characters.

Also, I forgot about his speed down counter fitting in well with CLS.
  • Options

Remember he gains 5% TM anytime an opponent gains a buff. When R2 uses his stealth buff Baze gains 25% TM. When GK cleanses and buffs he gains 25% TM. Yes, his speed his low, but he ends up being faster than a lot of characters.

It's not the TM gain or taking turns, his kit solo other than his dispel is terrible compared to the huge list of passive abilities GK has. He never taunts, ever, which is the point of a tank. Offensively maybe he's ok but going against that on defense, it's a complete cakewalk. All teams are relatively easy to beat on offense but Baze alone just makes it that much easier.
  • Options
    It possible that Hermit Yoda could be a possible required character to unlock a powerful character eg... Jedi Luke. There no word yet but you know how CG like to do it announce important info a day in advance. My advice is if you can get good rank in the arena hold of using any TB coins. Consider TB coins as emergency funds those coins are so precious just delay on using them as long as you can. You never know if a op toon might show up in TB shop. But in the meantime use it to get Baze Shard it pretty cheap.
  • Options
    I'm just going to stock pile TB coins for a while. I don't have many characters maxed out G11 so I'm in no huge rush for G12. If I decide I want HY in a couple months it'll be easy to burn off coins and get him fast, otherwise I'll go for gear.

One good thing about him is his strength is in his heals and buffs, so realistically you probably won't see a huge difference between a 7 star HY and a 5-6 star HY...just some more health on a character who already has high health/protection and is designed to not get hit much to begin with.
  • Options
    He's worth it to build up a Jedi team. He almost replace R2 and Bariss, giving accuracy, health and protection. If you don't plan to run a Jedi-based team, he's not useful for now but sure he'll have a role to play in a far future.
  • Options
    Piercen wrote: »
    Hermit Yoda is good no doubt.
    However, after doing the math, I realized getting Hermit Yoda to 7 stars will require nearly 90,000 guild event currency!
    For my guild (getting 15 stars on the event) that means it'll take us almost 33 weeks.
    Seeing that there will be other great toons in the store (namely Baze), do you think that hermit yoda should be the main focus of farming out of that shop?

Depends, do you want jedi luke. You know that h-yoda is gonna be required
  • Options
    Hermit Yoda will 100% be needed for Jedi Luke, come on guys that should be obvious.

Still - gear for me. Not chasing new toons anymore until I've taken care of the ones I have.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I'm ignore hermit yoda, bcause he seems useless. But what i'm afraid is.. "IT'S A TRAP!!" :scream:

Hermit yoda one day will need to unlock jedi luke. And for those who ignore him.. it's really.. really bad moves :scream:
    I also believe this. commander luke needed loads of ep4 heroes. the next luke will probabaly needs loads of ep5 heroes, aka hermit yoda, the not so new anymore han and rebel officer leia organa
  • Options

Ugh, that just gave me an upset stomach. Look how many people were upset by the commander Luke requirements. Can you imagine if you needed hermit Yoda? Let's hope not

Ikr, I was expecting a 5 star rebel team to unlock him. What I was not expecting was the pretty-much-useless-at-the-time-toons to require 7 stars to unlock him. I had them all unlocked, but I had not upgraded them at all. I think that they should decide on the requirements and list them so that people can be ready. Hopefully commander luke will not be needed for ROTJ luke otherwise I will not be getting him anytime soon :/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Not risking not having Hermit Yoda for the ROTJ Luke event next year. Planning for all TB currency is going to Hermit Yoda off the bat for the next 5-6 months until he is 7*'d.

Gear 12 doesn't *really* mean anything to me at the moment and everything else can be farmed somewhere else in the game.
  • Options
    This is a really smart decision. With as many Hermit Yoda shards are in the shop each refresh, you could take him from 0-330 in about four days. So it definitely makes sense to stockpile the currency rather than buy shards immediately, even if you're pretty sure that you're going to want to get him first.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    I've got a feeling he'll be needed for next Luke too, but that's surely a while off. Slow farm on the side for me.
  • Options
    OFF TOPIC
    Hermit Yoda is basically 100% guarantied Jedi Luke requirement.
    We can bet Captain Han and ROLO are very likely to be 2 more characters we need.
    Any ideas who may the 5th be?
    Do we already have someone ingame, or is there an obvious character that just needs to be released in the future?
  • Options

It's not the TM gain or taking turns, his kit solo other than his dispel is terrible compared to the huge list of passive abilities GK has. He never taunts, ever, which is the point of a tank. Offensively maybe he's ok but going against that on defense, it's a complete cakewalk. All teams are relatively easy to beat on offense but Baze alone just makes it that much easier.

He has an AOE dispel and a high damage single attack dispel. What Rebel team do you run that doesn't kill anyone before R2s stealth has expired? He taunts every time an enemy dies.
  • Options
    I am buying shards for characters I cannot farm yet so I can help my guild with uncommon characters. But once I get the uncommon toons, I plan to save for gears.
  • Options
    Those saying Yoda can wait won't be so happy when they realize he will be required at 7* for a Jedi Luke event, and they don't even have him unlocked ....