Galactic wars - really inequitable Bug

Hi there,

i have spoken with my guildmembers, and there is something really weired in galactic war^^

we have a few member who get every time (ever since) the lowest (really, really low - lower than my node 1 at galactic war) opponents at node 12... and this is really really unfair for all the others all over the past year(s) who get everytime the hardest opponents at node 12..

here are some screens for proof of it (screens from yesterdays gw), and yes of course: they say they have never had a hard team at node 12 as opponent all over the time they play the game, the few of us were really shocked when we showed them screens of our gear12 opponents at node12^^

gw1.png

gw2.jpg

Replies

• jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    forget to mention:
    the other nodes like node 6, node 9 -11 looked like normal, it only affects the node 12 (as it seems to me)
  • When your guild member's power rating is too high, GW is unable to matchmake them with an opponent that has 15% higher power rating team so they just generate a bunch of easy teams for your guild member to beat.

My nodes 11 and 12 are also broken and are filled with opponents that can be 1 shot. I am only challenged by the opponent on node 9.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    When your guild member's power rating is too high, GW is unable to matchmake them with an opponent that has 15% higher power rating team so they just generate a bunch of easy teams for your guild member to beat.

My nodes 11 and 12 are also broken and are filled with opponents that can be 1 shot. I am only challenged by the opponent on node 9.

maybe that is the reason why, but the problem is still the same: it´s more than unfair
    those who have the "broken" nodes are in advantage every day to all other players, every day, every month, every year^^

... and only fixing the problem in future is not the solution for the inbalance of past time
  • In a way, I am just meeting my harder opponents in earlier nodes. I just have 2 very easy nodes at the end, as compared to you having 2 easy nodes at the start.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It's been this way forever. You might not like it, but it's not considered a bug.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Huatimus wrote: »
    In a way, I am just meeting my harder opponents in earlier nodes. I just have 2 very easy nodes at the end, as compared to you having 2 easy nodes at the start.

if it is right what you have said, than every node is depended on the power of the team you are playing (or the gp or whatsoever)
    the low and the normal and the good player gets 12 nodes depended on his power
    the best player get 10 or less nodes depended on his power and 2 or more lower than the lowest node from the low, the normal and the good player?

and you think that is fair? come on be serious
    Liath wrote: »
    It's been this way forever. You might not like it, but it's not considered a bug.

if the caveman had said to his friend: it´s been this way forever, we don´t need this thing you call fire, than you couldn´t play this game with your smartphone

ok, that is your opinion but you give no reason why its no bug (it´s been this way forever is not a reason, a bug can also be forever in a program^^)
    and if the devs also say its no bug, it is still extremly inequitable and who want it that way except player who are in advantage??
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

if the caveman had said to his friend: it´s been this way forever, we don´t need this thing you call fire, than you couldn´t play this game with your smartphone

ok, that is your opinion but you give no reason why its no bug (it´s been this way forever is not a reason, a bug can also be forever in a program^^)
    and if the devs also say its no bug, it is still extremly inequitable and who want it that way except player who are in advantage??

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an issue with it or complain about it (though I disagree). I'm saying the devs don't consider it a bug. So calling it out as a bug and demanding it be fixed on that basis is going to get you exactly nowhere.
  • If you really think it's that inequitable, why not put it to your own advantage and break the nodes yourself. I can help you calculate if you don't know how to. GW is based on old power rating, not this GP nonsense.

P.s. The whales can break 3 nodes rather easily.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    If you really think it's that inequitable, why not put it to your own advantage and break the nodes yourself. I can help you calculate if you don't know how to. GW is based on old power rating, not this GP nonsense.

P.s. The whales can break 3 nodes rather easily.

i think you are right, if it isn´t a bug than it can´t be "bugusing" when we also break the nodes... we would appreciate it if you can give us advice how to do so... a member of us tried over the weekend the other way: he formed an arenateam of his lowest toons (and is now at rank 1000), the opponents now are weaker than before but not that weak as expected.
    his opinion is that his arenarank is the reason for the easier opponents in gw, not the power of his arenateam...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    You cannot sandbag your team to get weaker opponents. For example, if your highest Power Rating recorded is 50,000, you can put in a 40,000 Power Rating team in Arena but your GW still scales to the highest record of 50,000. You are only sacrificing your Arena crystals to do nothing to GW.

Old Power Rating values stats like Protection/Offense quite high. For example, Darth Vader has pretty high stats at 10,743 with some Protection mods and you can check your power rating on your swgoh.gg profile as per screenshot below:
    QQKKK41.png

For your reference, I broke Nodes 11 and 12 with Old Power Rating of 55,496 and got this:
    8TNm4WC.png
  • Please make sure you hit the minimum threshold to break the 12th node, or else you will only be increasing the difficulty of all your Galactic War nodes. Most people I know put all their tanks like Sun Fac, RG and so on and fight with their 5 highest powered toons on GW Node 1 to 'break' their GW.
  • You can't REALLY wrote such a message... not really...
    So, is unfair that some of your guild members go through easier node XII and some others don't?

REALLY?
  • This reminds me the zader fix on rancor phases xD
  • Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    This reminds me the zader fix on rancor phases xD

Yep!

Please HELP! There is a bug that made the RANCOR RAID way too easy! Please fix it!!!

>.<
  • two months later: here we go CLS finishing the rancor all alone. Nice fixing strategy.

One thing devs could do is to handle this "GG breaking" , wait for two months and then releasing a new character so hope that could handle the whole 12 steps all by himself (or herself).

• Nobody goes through an easier node. They have a ton more power so 120% simply goes of the scale, but 110% would still be something like CLS, GK, Thrawn, Han, R2 or whatever, all of them Yellow. So they have already faced the Ultra powerful team that you will face in Node 12, earlier.
  • Nobody goes through an easier node. They have a ton more power so 120% simply goes of the scale, but 110% would still be something like CLS, GK, Thrawn, Han, R2 or whatever, all of them Yellow. So they have already faced the Ultra powerful team that you will face in Node 12, earlier.

Exactly, so it's a WAI issue, not a bug or a glitch to fix.